A couple of character questions

*RJ*

Earning My Ears
So my DD8's favorite Disney character is Pocahontas. The last time we were at DL, when my DD was 3, we were a few people away from meeting her during "Old Friends" week when the characters were switched out. Pocahontas is still at the top of our list for who we most want to meet! I know occasionally I've seen her name pop up on the app, but I feel like that was months ago and I don't see her anymore. I know she appears in Mickey and the Magical Map, but do we have any hope of seeing her walking in the parks?!

Also, how crazy is the line to meet Black Panther these days? Another one at the top of our list...

And finally, I never see the Cars characters on the app...are they still out? And if so, is Cruz ever there?

Thanks!

Black Panther meets every day, but there is always a long line. We waited an hour to meet him but he was tops on DDs list.

Pocahontas is sometimes out near the riverfront.

I've started stalking the Disneyland app to get a feel for which characters are out and where.

Pocahontas was out at 4 pm yesterday in Disneyland's Critter Country. Not sure what her schedule is but she's definitely been out!

I saw Pocahontas by the river yesterday... close to where you board the boats.
This is where we've always seen her, too. We've met her maybe 5-6 times, but most of those times, she has NOT been on the app! So if you don't see her, try nicely asking a character handler over in the Fantasy Faire area if there's any chance of meeting her that day (IME, they are the most knowledgable and friendly about helping track down desired characters). They can likely tell you if she'll be around and when.

Cars characters are there. They are not in the app for some reason and havent been for a long time, if they ever were. I know they rotate the character throughout the day, but I don't know if Cruz is still one of the characters meeting. There is also a Buzz and Woody Car photo opp that I'm looking forward to.

I am so happy to hear that! Meeting Pocahontas will literally be the highlight of my daughters trip!

And great to hear the cars are still out too!

Like you mentioned, Pocahontas is featured very prominently in Mickey and the Magical Map, it was actually a highlight of the show for me! Goosebumps! Get there early and get a seat down front, I love seeing the kids faces when their favorite characters come out during the show!

Last edited:
Maybe don't tell her about Pocahontas but let it be a surprise, especially if it's not a sure thing.

PHXscuba

The whole trip is a surprise! We're not telling them until the day before!:earsboy:

And I'm not going to get her hopes up, just in case...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter