A couple of questions

Amandas4

A little Obsessed
I am older and have a family but it has always been a dream of mine to work at Disney. I just applied to the college program but I have a couple of questions I couldn't find answers to.

1. Do you have to live in program sponsored housing in Florida, or can you live in your own house?
2. How long after you are offered a role do you have to decide if you can accept?
3. Has anyone known any "non-traditional" students like myself who have done the DCP?

1. You can choose to live in your own housing.
2. Once you're offered a role you have 7 days to accept your offer, pay your fees, and choose your arrival date.
3. You won't be alone, there are quite a few non-traditional students that have already been accepted for the Fall, from people in their late 20's up to their 40's and 50's.

The fees for the WDW program are $350.
$150 is a "program assessment fee" which pays for CP activities during your program (housing events, grocery bingo, CP graduation, etc).
The other $200 goes towards your first few weeks of rent. If you choose to live in non-Disney housing the $200 will be refunded sometime after you arrive.

http://cp.disneycareers.com/en/program-components/living/fees/

I am older and have a family but it has always been a dream of mine to work at Disney. I just applied to the college program but I have a couple of questions I couldn't find answers to.

1. Do you have to live in program sponsored housing in Florida, or can you live in your own house?
2. How long after you are offered a role do you have to decide if you can accept?
3. Has anyone known any "non-traditional" students like myself who have done the DCP?
I will be 41 when I start my DCP in May, I too am leaving my family (husband and kids) to do this, but my family is very supportive of the opportunity. i will also be taking a full course load for school while I am there. My fee was $350, I will be living in the housing provided to the CP's, but you can opt out of the housing.

Well, I guess i won't have to worry about it because I failed the web based interview. No idea why.

Amanda,

Please don't feel that you "failed" the WBI. It's just a computer program that attempts to create a personality profile of you based on your answers. It is not perfect and does not reflect upon you or your value. It's really too bad they have to use these types of tools, but with the tens of thousands of applicants they get it is an efficient way of making quick decisions. And sometimes those decisions will be wrong. I'm sure you are disappointed in the outcome (who wouldn't be) but please don't take it personally (easy for me to say, I know...). I think that I read on another thread that you were graduating this May? If so, congratulations. And look into a Disney Professional Internship. Those are different from the DCP and you might just be perfect for one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!