A Cupcake a day keeps the Doctor away! Dec 18/Jan 19

petals

Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
So introductions. Firstly there's me, 34 year old Disney fan from Ireland. I love Stitch, Baymax, Olaf, Eeyore, Dopey, Beast, Mickey and so much more.

My trip buddy is my Momma who loves Dopey and Grumpy. We both tend not to appear in photos but don't worry I have many food photos.

So we were in Orlando from the 28th December 2018 until the 10th of January 2019. The first week staying at the Rosen Inn at Point Orlando on International Drive. Then the second week we moved to Disney's Art of Animation.

We did visit Universal Studios and Seaworld as well so if people are interested I can pop up the food reviews from there as well

So I figured that I'd do a food diary for every day of our trip even though some days weren't Disney days. So our first day the food wasn't to exciting, we got to Dublin airport bright and early at 6.15am and went to McDonalds for breakfast I had pancakes and sausage and a ham and cheese toastie:

It's not the most exciting but we find it better than the more expensive food options at the airport. After that our first flight was to Amsterdam with KLM airlines and as it was a short flight I was surprised to see them serve us food but they gave us an egg and cheese sandwich in a cute little Dutch themed box;

We had a bit of a wait before our next flight and while we were waiting they upgraded us to comfort class, much to my disgust because they took away my window seat! :rolleyes: The flight from Amsterdam to Orlando was approximately 10 hours long with Delta airlines and they fed us loads on this flight. In comfort class they gave us a menu of what food would be served and we could choose our main meal:

They then started out with some cheesey snacks and biscuits:

A while later they brought the dinner. I had the chicken dish. People always seem to complain about the food on the airplanes but I found it quite tasty:

They left us for a few hours then, bringing drinks every so often and then later in the flight they brought round hot chocolate chip cookies that were super yum :lovestruc Then about two hours before landing they brought us a choice of chicken tikka wrap or pizza roll and an ice-cream. I went with the wrap which again was quite tasty. The ice-cream was very melted though:

Bonus for the flight, we landed in Florida two hours early as well and headed to the hotel. Even after all the food I still needed more before bed so we headed to a subway across from the hotel and got a Meatball marinara sub before heading to the room to settle for the night. I've no pictures of that but it was pretty much slapped together because they were getting near closing time and the server had clearly stopped caring about being pleasant at that point. Oh well :confused3

Following along, looking forward to the rest of your report! That does look like quite decent airplane food, I wouldn’t mind that at all. How amazing that you arrived two hours early! You must have been ecstatic to have your long flight shortened by that much time.

GREAT start!!!! I love photos of whole trip food (not just Disney). Looking forward to more.
I always get great tips from trip and dining reports so I figure it might help someone. :confused3

Following along, looking forward to the rest of your report! That does look like quite decent airplane food, I wouldn’t mind that at all. How amazing that you arrived two hours early! You must have been ecstatic to have your long flight shortened by that much time.
It was great to have the flight shortened. I don't know if they served that much in coach on the way over but in comfort class they certainly kept the food and snacks coming for the whole flight. I don't ever remember getting that much food on a flight before!

Day 2 was our first Disney day. We got a taxi from our hotel to the Magical Kingdom and I was so happy to be back there after 7 years! :faint: Our first stop was for breakfast in Crystal Palace... well I had fancy Eeyore mouse ears so it would have been rude not to start there :goodvibes

We got seated pretty quickly once we were checked in and our server took drink orders and Momma raced to the buffet where there was a great selection of all kinds of foods. These were Momma’s plates:

And these were mine:

The cheesy potatoes were the best and the Pooh Puffed French toast was nice as well. I did take some buffet photos as well as I went along:
Pizza for breakfast anyone?

They look messy but those cheesey potatoes were yum:

Fun fact we don't have fruit loops in Ireland or Lucky Charms so when we go to America they're always the first things I look for :rotfl2: Actually I like we do have Lucky Charms but they're about 9 dollars a box anywhere I've seen them so I won't pay the price for them... also some of the supermarkets tried to copy the American fruit loops but failed miserably and their version tastes like chalk :crazy2:

Character wise we saw Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore and while all did photos and signed autographs there was nothing overly memorable about the interactions and none of them even noticed the mouse ears never mind reacted to them. It was still fun to see them all though:

Wow Crystal Palace looks delicious! I could definitely go for that puffed French toast. Funny enough even though Fruit Loops and Lucky Charms are easy enough to get here they’re still a “vacation treat” for me too. I also like a treat of Raisin Bran on vacation but then again I’m an old lady trapped in a young lady’s body. I also liked hearing about the travel day. It facinates me since usually we just drive. I can’t believe they took away your window seat! I’d have likely been sick on my neighbors if they did that to me.

Great pictures... can't wait for the rest of your review
Thanks

Wow Crystal Palace looks delicious! I could definitely go for that puffed French toast.
That was my first time trying it but it was worth it!

Funny enough even though Fruit Loops and Lucky Charms are easy enough to get here they’re still a “vacation treat” for me too. I also like a treat of Raisin Bran on vacation but then again I’m an old lady trapped in a young lady’s body.
I actually brought a bag of lucky charms home with me :rotfl2:they really need to make them not 9 dollars here I mean there's a leprechaun on them and all so if they should be sold anywhere cheaper it should be in Ireland :rotfl2::rotfl2::shamrock::shamrock:

I also liked hearing about the travel day. It facinates me since usually we just drive. I can’t believe they took away your window seat! I’d have likely been sick on my neighbors if they did that to me.
It wouldn't make me sick I just don't like sitting in the centre of the plane and I want to be able to watch out the window. :sad2: The food was good though and plenty of it but I think that might have been because we were in comfort class :confused3

So the rest of day 2 we spent in Magic Kingdom and when we have one big meal in the day we don't tend to want big meals for the rest of the day. That and the fact it was pretty hot that day meant we didn't really feel like eating until later in the evening. As it was the 29th of December there was lots of Christmas shows and parades on so we spent most of the day doing those and after standing watching the parade in the heat we felt the need for a Mickey Mouse Shaped snack to help us cool down (that totally counts as food right?! :confused3 ) So we got one of these each and they were super yum:

After the parade we hung around main street area, there was a few castle shows, I went to meet Mickey Mouse and then the lighting of the castle :lovestruc After that we had a tiny mishap in the fact that I lost Momma, she was not where I expected her to be, I had no phone credit to ring her, my phone wouldn't let me ring her even when I put credit on it and she has the worse sense of direction ever so yeah there was a tiny bit of a panic and then an argument once I found her but when everything was calm again we felt food was in order so we went to Casey's for some hot dogs. I was kind of surprised her but in a good way. So in Paris we usually go to French Casey's at least once per trip and when you look at the prices it's like 7.99 for a hot dog and then you pay extra if you want fries and more again if you want a drink so when I looked at the prices I was like 9.99 for a hot dog yikes?! :scared1: but then I realised it included the fries I thought it seemed pretty reasonable. So Momma got the regular hot dog and I tried the Macaroni and Cheese hot dog (because that's totally what you would first think of putting on a hot dog :rolleyes:)

The photo is blurry and the Mac and Cheese hot dog looks like a disgusting mess but it was surprisingly quite nice. Momma thought hers was good as well and the fries were an added bonus as neither of us intended to get the fries but then realised we were hungry enough to want them. The rest of the evening we spent in Magic Kingdom watching the night time Christmas shows and the Christmas Wishes fireworks.

Is it weird that I am in envy of your airplane food? We rarely go oversees so we get nothing but a bag of pretzels on our flights. When I was a kid one of my favorite things about flying was seeing what you'd get to eat on the plane. Maybe I'll have to fly to Amsterdam just to get some :D

Your hot dog certainly doesn't look good, but what hot dog does really :confused3 But they sure are good! We're headed to a baseball game this afternoon and I'm sure at least one will be had!

Is it weird that I am in envy of your airplane food? We rarely go oversees so we get nothing but a bag of pretzels on our flights. When I was a kid one of my favorite things about flying was seeing what you'd get to eat on the plane. Maybe I'll have to fly to Amsterdam just to get some :D
Secretly I love airplane food but I think it is the mystery of not knowing what you're going to get... it's like surprise food :rotfl2:

Your hot dog certainly doesn't look good, but what hot dog does really :confused3 But they sure are good! We're headed to a baseball game this afternoon and I'm sure at least one will be had!
You can't knock what's good even if they look bad :goodvibes

Day 3 we took it easy and headed to the Vineland Outlets so for breakfast we went with the very health option of a McDonalds Happy meal :rotfl2:

The service here was super slow and one lady gave out to the staff as she could see her food sitting on a shelf for a good 10-15 minutes before anyone decided to serve it to her. :confused3

Later in the day we went to the food court and to a pizza place called Villa for a small "snack." Momma told me to just get two random slices of pizza while she went to get us somewhere to sit so I got a Hawaiian and a pepperoni slice. Both were fine and filled a hole for us to continue our shopping for a while:

Then for dinner that night we headed to Millers Steakhouse across from our hotel. I had read alot about this place on facebook before we went so wanted to try it. There was a 30 minute wait to get seated and then the service was quite slow when you did get seated. We also didn't quite understand why there was a 30 minute wait because from where we were sitting waiting you could see at least 4 booths that were empty :confused3 We also found it quite cool here so Momma was freezing while we ate because she forgot to bring a cardigan but on the plus side the food was good. Momma had the Asian Grilled Chicken Breast Salad:

and I had the Cajun Chicken Pasta:

Both were good but the portions were huge so we could have got one meal between the two of us and shared it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter