A Cupcake a day keeps the Doctor away! Dec 18/Jan 19

Of course the Mickey ice cream sandwiches count as food! :thumbsup2

We have had villa pizza at the airport once. It was pretty decent for food court food. And we love Miller’s if you are looking for an inexpensive casual dinner. We haven’t ever had to wait long but the service has been slow sometimes. I wonder if they had staff call out sick.

That pasta looks nice!

Of course the Mickey ice cream sandwiches count as food! :thumbsup2
It's Mickey Mouse shaped it's edible therefore it's food (Momma would say it's only rubbish) :confused3 :rotfl2:

We have had villa pizza at the airport once. It was pretty decent for food court food.
It was nice enough. We just didn't fancy subway again where we normally go

And we love Miller’s if you are looking for an inexpensive casual dinner. We haven’t ever had to wait long but the service has been slow sometimes. I wonder if they had staff call out sick.

That pasta looks nice!
I dunno what happened that night, it was over Christmas season (it was like the 30th of December) so maybe the time of year had something to do with it :confused3but it was a long wait but the food was nice

So Day 4 we went to Seaworld. When we were booking tickets for this we got a deal on the tickets that we could book a dining plan for the day for an extra 30 dollars. It was New Years Eve so we knew we were going to be spending the entire day there so we went ahead and added the dining plan on because it seemed like a good deal for an extra 30 dollars! On the dining plan you could eat once an hour and could have an entrée, a dessert or a side and a drink. We ate twice that day so I think it just about worked out as a good deal. :confused3

The first place we went was Mango Joes. This place confused me or more Momma confused me here. I was behind her in the the line and the server was asking her what she wanted but she kept asking me then handing it back to me then told him she wanted the same minus the kids drink. I was confused what she was doing but she said after she just didn't know what to order :confused3 Anyway we both got a Chicken Parmesan Sandwich which came with waffle fries. I got cookies and a coke but then also bought a kids cup extra because it was cute and looked like an Orca so I needed it :rotfl2:

The only thing different Momma got was a Carrot Cake as her dessert:

The Sandwich doesn’t look very appealing in those photos but it was actually quite nice. There was a few more of the desserts on offer there as well:

I also loved how even the side of the drink cups had sea creatures on them as well:

We were so busy trying to get to shows during the rest of the day we kind of forgot to eat until later in the evening when I started to feel sick (ok well I forgot to make time to eat, Momma kind of lets me plan the days in the parks and just follows along because she knows we'll get to see as much as we possibly can that way.) We decided to eat at the nearest restaurant to where we were to see if that made me feel any better so we popped in to the Expedition Café for food. Here Momma got pasta and chicken and a fruit cup:

She had emptied the fruit cup out before I took the picture! I got a cheese pizza, fries and more cookies (the picture for those was blurry but they were pretty much the same as the ones I had earlier in the day):

I ended up not eating much of the pizza because it was supposed to just be cheese but there was onions on it and I don't like onions. I think I ate the base and the fries and left the rest. Momma's chicken and pasta was good though and she shared that with me. Overall we thought the food in Seaworld was good (except for the pizza) and I think eating twice made the dining plan worth it just about.

Just found your report and I’m following along!

It looks like you had much better luck with Seaworld food than we had when we went :rotfl:

I got food at the Pretzel Kitchen and it was super flavorless but your sandwich and that pasta look pretty good!

Just found your report and I’m following along!
Welcome :flower3:

It looks like you had much better luck with Seaworld food than we had when we went :rotfl:

I got food at the Pretzel Kitchen and it was super flavorless but your sandwich and that pasta look pretty good!
We liked most of the food. The sandwich tasted alot better than it looks in photos and if I liked onions the pizza would have been fine I just don't like onions :crazy2::rotfl2:

Day 5 we kind of took it easy as we'd stayed in Seaworld late to watch the New Years Eve Fireworks so we had breakfast in the hotel room. We had bought lucky charms from a Walmart across from the hotel and that was breakfast :rotfl2:

We didn't eat again until that evening. We headed to Disney Springs and holy wotsits it was packed :scared1: We headed to Goofy's Candy Co. first to check out all the yummies:

I can never justify paying 10.99 for an apple but they’re cute:

I got a little cake pop and some mints:

Then we went for food in Earl of Sandwich. It was very busy and there was much confusion here especially with the ordering at one counter, paying at another and collecting at another. Two girls in front of me had collected their order without paying somehow and it just seemed really disorganised. I did manage to get two chicken Caesar salad wraps and chips though (we call them crisps!)

The wraps were quite nice and there was quite alot in them as well so it was good for a lighter somewhat healthier meal. Well it was healthier until I had the chips and cake pop for dessert :rotfl2:

The sandwich tasted alot better than it looks in photos and if I liked onions the pizza would have been fine I just don't like onions :crazy2::rotfl2:

I like onions sometimes, but not on a lot of things. Pizza seems like a weird thing to put them on imo, and I don’t think I would’ve wanted to eat that either :crazy2:

Yum! Everything at Goofy's looks so good. We never go in there because I know we aren't coming out for less than $100 :earboy2:

I like onions sometimes, but not on a lot of things. Pizza seems like a weird thing to put them on imo, and I don’t think I would’ve wanted to eat that either :crazy2:
It was weird. It was advertised as a cheese and tomato pizza which is why I got it. I wanted something simple because I wasn't feeling the best. I probably should have brought it back over and said something about it but I just wasn't feeling well enough to question it at that stage.

Yum! Everything at Goofy's looks so good. We never go in there because I know we aren't coming out for less than $100 :earboy2:
I had a budget every day that I tried not to go past unless we were at the outlets so I couldn't spend that much in there plus it was still early in our trip :rotfl2:

So day 6 we headed for Universal Studios to check out the Harry Potter area. This was new since we were last in Florida and I was pleasantly surprised by the space inside the area compared to the Hogsmeade side in Islands of Adventure. While we were in Diagon Alley we had an early lunch in the Leaky Cauldron, cos where else are you going to eat if you're visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter :confused3 It was about a 30-40 minute wait to get in but we weren't in a rush to go anywhere else so we stuck it out. In the queue they had a display of what each food option looked like to help you choose:

Once you got to the top of the queue you had to order and pay at the counter and collect your drinks there. I got a Frozen Butterbeer and a Tongue Tying Lemon Squash, the squash was a bit bitter first but nice once you got over that, I actually liked it more than the butterbeer:

Momma got the Otter’s Fizzy Orange Juice, she said it was nice:

Once you had your drinks a witch or wizard would bring you to your seat which I thought was a great system because in the Three Broomsticks the last time we were there it was nearly impossible to find a seat. They gave you a number and I heard one witch telling a little boy that when you placed the number on the table it told the house-elves in the kitchen what you wanted to eat and then a witch or wizard would bring your food. Momma got bangers and mash and was delighted they had vegetables:

She also got a Cranachan for dessert:

I got the chicken sandwich:

And a sticky toffee pudding for dessert, they brought this out at the same time as the sandwich though so the ice-cream was nearly melted by the time I was ready to eat it :sad2:

The food was nice here though and not to expensive as theme park prices go, plus Momma was delighted with the vegetables. She hates theme park food normally because she thinks it's nothing but rubbish. Later in the evening after the parade we popped back in to Diagon Alley to look through some of the shops and I think it was in the back of Weasley Wizard Wheezes we found an area where they were selling sweets and cakes:

I got one of those cauldron cakes. It came in a little plastic cauldron that you could keep and the box had the recipe on it in case you wanted to make your own cauldron cake when you got home. It actually tasted quite nice as well:

At this point in the day I really wasn't feeling well, it had been coming for a few days and we had to pay a trip to the first aid station on the way to Diagon Alley that evening to get something to help me out. I wanted to stick it out until the fireworks so we wandered over to the Simpsons area and had dinner. They had a food court type area where there was a few different food shop options to choose from Krusty Burger, Cletus’s Chicken Shack, Flaming Moes, Luigi's, Lisa's Teahouse of Horror and The Frying Dutchman. They all had different food options. I headed to Krusty Burger and got the standard Krusty Burger because what else would you get in Springfield but a Krusty Burger:confused3

Momma went to Cletus’s Chicken Shack got a Chicken Waffle Sandwich:

Both meals were fine, nothing exciting but filled a hole. Overall I think the Leaky Cauldron was our favourite place to eat in Universal Studios though and I really want a
Tongue Tying Lemon Squash now after typing all this :rotfl2:

I headed to Krusty Burger and got the standard Krusty Burger because what else would you get in Springfield but a Krusty Burger:confused3

I've always wanted to try a Krusty Burger just to say I had one :rotfl:

and I really want a Tongue Tying Lemon Squash now after typing all this :rotfl2:

Josh really likes that too! I prefer Butterbeer (because I'm not a fan of lemon), but I had the sticky toffee cake once and it was pretty good.

So Day 7 was our final non Disney day and we headed to Islands of Adventure. By this point in the trip I was extremely ill but determined to keep going so we didn't miss any of the parks. When we got to Islands of Adventure we headed straight for Seuss Landing and I popped in to a shop near the High in the Sky Trolley Train Ride. They had loads of yummies on display:

And I got this for breakfast:

Well it has Rice Krispies in it! :confused3

Lunch was in the Three Broomsticks and I may or may not have had a nap here while Momma was eating (I was very sick.) They had a display of what the food was like here like in the Leaky Cauldron

They also showed us the menu outside before we joined the queue and they’ve started seated people in here as well, they weren’t doing that last time we were there but I think it works much better because it was impossible to find seats last time we were there. Anyway I got the Shephard’s Pie which was served with garden salad:

The Shephard's pie itself was nice but the salad was mostly lettuce and a bit bland. Momma got the Cornish Pasties with garden salad. They were described on the menu as Flaky pastry pies filled with ground beef, vegetables and potatoes so she was kind of expecting a big pie with some vegetables and potatoes like she had got in the Leaky Cauldron but instead this is what she got:

The pies were tiny, that picture makes them look bigger than they were and she was very disappointed in it. I gave her some of the shephard’s pie and she said that the bit of Shephard's pie I gave her was the best thing she got in the Three Broomsticks. :sad2: Drinks wise I got another Tongue Tying Lemonade:

And a Frozen Butterbeer:

Later in the evening then we headed to Burger Digs for food. For some reason I didn’t take a picture of what Momma got so I presume she got the same as me which was a Bacon Cheese burger platter:

The food was fine here, nothing to exciting but it filled a hole.

Overall though the best bit of what we ate and drank here was the Tongue Tying Lemonade and I really want another one right now :rotfl2:

I've always wanted to try a Krusty Burger just to say I had one :rotfl:
That's exactly why I went there just so I could say I went to Krusty Burger :rotfl2:

Josh really likes that too! I prefer Butterbeer (because I'm not a fan of lemon), but I had the sticky toffee cake once and it was pretty good.
I like the Frozen butterbeer. Don't like the normal one. Had the normal one in the Harry Potter Studios in London and it tasted totally different to the frozen one in Universal Studios it was rotten!

Day 8 we moved to Disney :cool1: We stayed in the Art of Animation Resort for the remainder of our trip so it's all Disney food from here on :cool1:

Once we got checked in and dropped our bags to the room we headed straight to the Magical Kingdom for lunch in Beasts castle (or Be our Guest restaurant if you want to go by it's proper name.) Here you ordered and paid for the food, found a seat and then they would bring your food out to you. I got a carved Turkey Sandwich. It was nice, the meat wasn’t dry and there was loads of it for the price:

I also got the Master’s Cupcake because you can’t go to Beast castle and not try the grey stuff right? :confused3

My verdict was a meh! It was nice but I’ve had nicer. Momma for her meal got the Braised Pork:

And a lemon raspberry cream puff for dessert:

We both liked the food here. The portion sizes were quite large though so we could have got the turkey sandwich between the two of us. (I may also have taken a nap while Momma was finishing her tea here, I was very sick at this stage in the trip so kept napping randomly mostly on walls here and there. :littleangel::rotfl2:) The weather wasn't the best this day and in the afternoon it started to rain so we popped in to meet some characters in the Dumbo circus area and the meet and greets emptied in to a shop with a case full of yummies:

After that the rain got so bad and I was so sick that we decided not to stay out in the cold so we headed back to the resort and stopped in Landscape of Flavors for some dinner. We had bought the refillable mugs and these were great because you could get an endless supply of drinks for the duration of your trip, so every time we passed we refilled the mugs. Anyway for dinner Momma got a Turkey Sandwich:

The picture is kind of blurry and I think she left half the roll because she said it was very dry. I got a Chicken Parmesan Pasta. They had a create your own pasta thing and I intended to get a child’s portion but then a CM started taking orders in the line and I got confused and ended up with an adults portion which was huge and very filling so I ended up leaving half of it even though it was tasty. There was two pieces of chicken in it as well so Momma and I could have easily shared this and it would have been loads for both of us:

For dessert we got a Mermaid Tail Cupcake. It didn’t say what flavour it was anywhere that I could see and I found out after on instagram that it was supposed to be Pineapple and coconut. I would not have guessed either of those flavours when I was eating it what I got was bleh flavour and weird goo flavour. :crazy2: I didn’t eat most of it so Momma had what I didn’t eat:

Following your reviews! I hope you were able to get some sleep after your dinner and woke up feeling a little better!

Our first stop on day 9 for food was at the Garden Grill in Epcot for a breakfast date with some characters. This was our first time eating here and it was a kind of cool the way the restaurant rotated as you ate but also we had a bit of a weird experience here… The food firstly was nice, they brought out fruit and a cinnamon bun type thing. From looking at other peoples pictures before we went I didn’t think I’d like the bun but it was actually quite nice:

Then a CM came around to get our drinks, Momma asked for hot water and milk and he told her that he could bring her hot water but they had no milk. I just got a glass of water but I thought it was kind of cool how they served it in a jam jar type glass and felt it needed a picture as well :goodvibes

Soon after that they brought our food, a shared platter of potatoes, bacon, sausage, eggs and the all important Mickey waffles:

We enjoyed all the food and there was loads for both of us. Of course we saw some characters as well. First up was Pluto, closely followed by Mickey Mouse and Chip. I had a Baymax t-shirt on that day showing nine emotions of Baymax but they were basically all the same:

Chip showed he was reading the t-shirt then when he got to “excited” he started jumping up and down to show how you should act instead of how Baymax was!

Then the weird experience so as I mentioned above Momma had asked the CM that served us for hot water and milk and the he told her they had no milk but then while we were waiting for the last character to come over a family were seated beside us and our lovely CM friend that took our drinks order came back to take theirs. There was a little boy with the family and he asked for a glass of milk and well our CM friend brought him a full glass of milk. Momma was literally like :eek: then called the CM back and asked how come he told her that they didn’t have milk when they clearly did, Mr. CM went oh did you want milk oh I’ll get some now for you of course! :confused: Not entirely sure what was going on there but anyway!:confused3 Soon after that Dale popped round and was full of fist bumps when he saw my Baymax t-shirt:

Despite the weird experience I liked this place. The food was nice and the character interaction was good especially from the Chipmunks so I prob would go here again. Not sure Momma felt the same way though :confused3

Later on in the evening the weather was getting cooler and we were trying to hang around until Reflections started but it was to cold and I was to sick to hang around outside so we went to the Electric Umbrella for food and to sit someplace warm. We both had a burger and fries:

Then I had a chocolate cupcake…. I had started on a bit of "A cupcake a day keeps the doctor away buzz" :littleangel: When in Disney you got to try the sweet treats though right?! :confused3:rotfl2:

The food here was fine. It wasn't the most exciting food in the world but it filled a whole and we got to stay warm for a while and I got to eat cupcakes so it's all good! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter