• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A daddy, momma, 2 boys and a baby tackle Disney World

MomiTo2SwtGuys

DIS Veteran
This is my first trip report, so be forewarned. I will learn as I go. But, I wanted to do this to express myself and my excitement. And to also get other peoples opinions and ideas on things I have planned for us.
I will start by introducing myself and my family. We love all things Disney like nobodys business. Movies, tv, clothing, toys, food, recipes, vacations&. You get it, right?

My name is Kim. Almost 30. I am the mommy and wife to this little family. I work in the Emergency Department of a large hospital here in our town. I love it. I like all the hustle and bustle and my schedule. We work 12 hour shifts, so that leaves more time for me to spend with my boys and planning a Disney Vacation!

My husbands name is Jason. He is over 30 (32). He loves Disney about as much as I do. He likes to help with all the planning, too. He is a wonderful provider for our family. Im very thankful for him. We were high school sweethearts. We got married as soon as I graduated high school. It was frowned upon at the time. But, now I couldnt imagine it any other way. This year will be our 12th Anniversary!

P6020123.jpg

P8280285.jpg

Our oldest son, Brayden, is 9 years old. (That is still a child in Disneys eyes, thank goodness.) He loves Disney World as much as we do. He loves Goofy and Pluto. And, of course, Phineas and Ferb. I have heard him and our other son laughing countless times at this show. I love that Disney cartoons still make them happy at this age. Sometimes I feel like kids are being pushed to grow up too fast.

DSC_1396.jpg

Our middle child, Avery, is 7 years old. Well, he loves Disney, too. His favorite characters are also Goofy and Pluto. He is our loving child. He always wants to sit on a lap to watch tv or hug and kiss someone. He is a sweet little boy, always has been. He was going to be our last child.

DSC_0783.jpg

UNTIL......

Our baby, Parker( currently 5 month) came along. Oh my heart melted. I didnt know what to do when I found out I was pregnant. We knew it was in Gods plans so we went with it. And oh, what a ride it has been. He has been such a blessing to our family. He is so sweet and the best baby I could ask for. He fits right in with our family. I couldnt imagine life any other way.

DSC_1477.jpg

DSC_1498.jpg

One more for good measure.

DSC_1536.jpg

This will be our third trip and it will be Parkers first trip to Disney World. And I know he isnt going to remember this trip, but he will remember others later on down the road. Mommy will remember this one though. ;)

So, thank you to all of you that have read this far, I look forward to getting suggestions and trying new things at Disney that we havent gotten to do on our previous trips.

To be continued...

Oooooo! What a sweetie! Love the baby pictures!
And this:
He was going to be our last child.
:rotfl:

I hear you! Looking forward to reading more!

Ok, so the last time we have been to Disney World was in May/June 2010. We stayed at Pop Century for 7 days and had a blast. We had the Park Hopper and Water Parks added on. The weather was great. Food was great. You get the idea.:thumbsup2

So in 2011 we decided since we had been to Disney World the previous three years before, that we were going to do something different. We booked a Carnival Cruise out of Charleston, South Carolina. It was a 5 night cruise. It only went to Freeport and Nassau in the Bahamas. We had never cruised before. We decided to go with a smaller cruise to make sure we liked cruising and to not spend as much money on a larger cruise. And we also chose Charleston because it is only 5 hours from where we live in Tennessee! ;)

Well, we decided to book the early saver because it was quite a bit cheaper and we “new” we were cruising that year :dance3: Did you know that you can’t get your money back when you book the early saver? We probably should have read the fine print a little better. :rolleyes:

About 3 months before we got ready for our cruise I was so homesick for Disney it was unbelievable. My husband thought I was crazy. We tried to cancel our cruise with no luck. Well, I guess we could have cancelled but without getting our money back. So, we just went on that cruise. It was really fun! We had a great time. Loved the islands more than the boat itself, but still had fun. The boys loved the waterslides on the back of the ship, which is where we spend most of our time.

As soon as we got back in the States I told my husband……… “WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY NEXT YEAR!” So, December rolled around and we booked a 10 day trip for June 2012. We made all of our dining arrangements the middle of December. We were so excited. A good loooooonnnnnggggg vacation. The boys were getting to the age they were easier to get from place to place. We were so excited.

Then in January 2012 I felt a little off. I told DH I knew something wasn’t right with my body! Decided to take a pregnancy test……….. It was POSITIVE. I panicked. We had wanted more children when our boys were a little smaller. But, we decided since they were getting older, it was in our best interest to just be done. Boy, were we wrong. :upsidedow

So, I knew with the previous two pregnancies that I was so sick and felt horrible the entire time. We cancelled our trip. I would have been around 27 weeks and I knew that I would be no fun for anyone. I was so bummed about our trip. Oh well. We ended up going to the beach for a week and I was able to relax by the pool, so all was well.

Parker came along in August of 2012. He is so sweet. The best little boy. Love him!

We were not going to attempt to take a trip to Disney World this year because we didn’t know if we could tackle it with a baby . So, we booked a beach trip in June. Then we found out the boys were going to have a fall break in October that normally doesn’t happen. We figured it would be a good idea to go to Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival. We booked a week trip to stay at Pop Century. So, we were set.

But, the more I thought about it, it just didn’t seem right for me. I wanted to take a long trip in the summer like we always have. So, hubby and I decided taking a baby with us will be the same as having him here at home. If he is hungry, we will stop and feed him. If he is tired, I will stop and get him to sleep. If he needs his diaper changed, we will find a bathroom. It is what you make of it, I believe.

He will be 9 months old when we go, so I think we will be good. :lmao:

We are booked at Coronado Springs for 10 days. June 3-12. We have Park Hopper and Water Park added to our tickets. We also are on the dining plan. I have all of my dining reservations booked and I will let you know about those in my next post.

If you made it this far, Thanks for reading!!!!!!

We took Toby at 6 weeks and again at 10 months - Parker will be great. No worries! Plus you will have two awesome little babysitters with you to help now! ;)

Hi guys. I am getting behind on our pre trip report already. All of my kids have been sick as well as myself and hubby.

The baby has had RSV for over a week. My oldest and middle son have had sinus infections and bronchitis. Myself and hubby have had sinus infections and bronchitis too.

YUCK!:crazy2:

But, we are on the mend now, (fingers crossed) and I plan to get the report back on the road.

Today the boys and I are going to make our countdown chain since we are 98 days away!

98 days BABY!:cool1:

Joining in - you have a beautiful family. We also have an "unexpected" 3rd child! I didn't realize our family was missing her until she was born.

Joining in - you have a beautiful family. We also have an "unexpected" 3rd child! I didn't realize our family was missing her until she was born.

:wave: Hi 2Rouselings. Thank you for joining. I agree that our family was not complete until he came. We didn't know it either!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter