• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A dairy-free B-day Trip of Firsts for DD! (May 2011)

2gr8DisneyKids

DIS Veteran
Welcome everyone!

Table of contents:
Airfare home, but not there

So I have tried a couple of PTR's before and here I am again...

You might be wondering, if I have done PTR's before, how is it a trip of firsts? Well, that is where I make it (or attempt to make it) interesting! :)

The first trip we took as a family was for DS's 4th B-day in 2003 (DD was 6 months old and came along). We spent too much, did not plan enough, did not know about DIS, and DH declared we would be back again for DD's 4th B-day and not before.

Fast forward 3 more trips (with a 4th booked for March), the purchase of AP's (we live in Canada, btw), 2 Disney Cruises, and here I am planning DD's 6th trip to WDW for her 4th B-day in May 2011!

So where do the Firsts come in???

First Mother/Daughter trip to WDW DD and I will be flying down early to spend time with the princesses before the boys arrive for the long Victoria Day Weekend.

First Stay at BLT When it is just the girls we will be staying in a studio in BLT!!! I love the view, the walk to MK and I know DD will love the Mickey Pool!

First stay at BC The boys arrive on Saturday so DD and I will move over to BC for SAB and walking to Epcot and DHS.

First time at SWWI know they are not scheduled yet, but historically this weekend has been and DS is sooooooo excited. Yes, it is a trip for DD, but you can't pass up SWW when you have a 7 year old DS.

First mani/pedi for DD I booked a pedi for me and a mani/pedi for DD at the GF spa... her first haircut was at the MK barber shop and I figured her first real mani/pedi should be too.

I know there will be more firsts to come...

In case you are wondering who we are... Here we are getting ready to board the Wonder for our NYE cruise:

IMG_4703.jpg

Me, DS, Minnie, DD, and DH!

The kids and I are total Disney addicts and DH likes it more than he lets on. Plus, we out-number him and happy kids and wife makes for a great vacation! ;)

Today I booked airfare! But only for the last 2 legs of our triangle trip. Um, I am beginning to think I booked it backwards and lost my chance to stay in WDW longer. ;)

Not only are the boys arriving a few days after us for the weekend-only portion of the trip, but after WDW we are all heading to Washington, DC for about 24 hours so DH can attend graduation and get his Master's degree from Johns Hopkins! Then we fly home.

To cut down on costs, the boys will be driving an hour from Montreal to Plattsburgh and flying down. The 60 minute trip saved us about $1000!

But DD and I might have to walk at this point... airfare from Montreal is over $350 each! Yikes!!! :scared1:

Anyone know a good airfare sale dance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter