A Decent Hotel as Close to WDW as Possible Under $100?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
Title says it all, my son, his GF and my grandson are looking to go first week in March 2018 and WDW resorts are a little pricey then. Any recommendations for off-site?

Thanks,
Bill From PA

Galleria Palms is about $92 a night. Real close Animal Kingdom. It includes free hot breakfast.

Using Orbitz to narrow down to what I'm familiar with .... that should be in their range then.

Baymont Inn and Suites CELEBRATION, back entry to Animal Kingdom. Celebration is key.
DS has stayed often with his teams, it's safe, clean and good location.

Red Lion Orlando Maingate, completely renovated a few years ago. DD stayed there, just fine.
Right now some rooms for $49 so they can have some good prices.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista
12191 South Apopka Vineland Road

TownePlace Suites Orlando at Flamingo Crossings/Western Entrance (fairly NEW hotel)
13295 Flamingo Crossings Boulevard out Western Way by CSR

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, a Rosen Hotel just outside Disney Springs

Last edited:

You could look at rentals on VRBO.com. I've seen plenty of rentals on there for $75 or under per night, closer to $100/night with taxes and fees. Read the comments to see people's reviews of the location.

Next offsite trip, I want to try the hotels at Flamingo Crossing - Springhill Suites or Towneplace Suites. If they want to be more in the heart of the action, a Disney Springs area hotel might be better - there are many to choose from - check Mousesavers for discounted rates as well.

When we go, I rent Sheraton Vistana from the TUG classified ads. I post an ad offering 750 per week. Have never paid more than 900 for a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo. Not under 100, but there are no taxes or other hidden fees.

Buena Vista Suites and Caribe Royale are great. Mousesavers often has a great rate for one of these.

If they have a car, look near Silver Spurs Arena. We use to find great rates for cheer competitions at the arena and the motels/hotels were surprisingly very decent as far as room stays. Most moms booked through Hotwire for great deals.

I've said before, the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is a fantastic property, super close to WDW, and very often insanely cheap. The value is crazy high.

Hotwire. We always use it for non-site hotels. You want to pay attention to the ratings, area, etc. but there are lots and lots of bargains to be had, especially in the hot deals. For those, a lot of people recommend not bidding for anything under three stars. I'll sometimes go to 2.5, but not usually below.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions. They will have a car so all locations are on the table.

Bill From PA

If you are looking for a 7-night stay, considering checking www.SkyAuction.com for a timeshare week at Summer Bay Resort in Kissimmee. This is a pretty nice place that's currently showing availability to check-in during the first weekend of March, in either a 1-BR suite/condo or a 2BR suite/condo. Either would work for a family of 3. Timeshare condos are usually clean and ready for arrival but provide no daily housekeeping service. Summer Bay has nice pools and resort amenities. It's in the west end of Kissimmee about 10-15 minutes drive to Animal Kingdom by taking back roads, further to the other Disney parks.

Whether you "Bid" or "Buy It Now", there are additional charges so read the fine print on each listing that interests you. Some listings on SkyAuction are for nightly stays but I'm referring here to a weekly rental.

For a $1+ bid on a week, if it wins, add $299 taxes/SkyAuction services fee, $20 processing fee, and $200 date surcharge for the early March dates - total $519 fees plus winning bid. For a listed "Buy It Now" $399 1BR or $449 2BR, add $200 date surcharge and $20 processing for totals of $619 or $669.

All of these options come to less than $100 per night.

Do note that the fine print indicates availability is subject to change at any time (before you make the actual reservation using the purchased certificate number) and the purchase is non-refundable. :) I've used SkyAuction for a weekly timeshare rental and had no problems. It's worth considering.

Many, most?, Off-site hotels charge for parking and/or charge a mandatory resort fee. Make sure you read the fine print.

Many, most?, Off-site hotels charge for parking and/or charge a mandatory resort fee. Make sure you read the fine print.
The resort fee seems to be ubiquitous in the Orlando area (and always check it, since they're usually just a few bucks, but I've seen at least one that was more than the room). The only place near Disney I've ever been charged for parking is one of the Hotel Plaza Boulevard properties near Disney Springs.

I stayed at TownEplace Suites - Flamingo Crossing this past spring. The drive to WDW is quick and easy - no problem. It doesn't really feel like being off-property.

My only complaint is that unless you want to drive out of your way - you have to jump on a toll road to get to the closest grocery store to/from the hotel. That was annoying. It was very little money - maybe $0.75 - but still - annoying. I imagine when that area builds up - there will other options. But - I figured I'd spend almost that much money on gas trying to avoid the toll.

The Towneplace and Springhill share the same pool area - and I thought the outdoors area between the two resorts was nice. I wished they had spent more money on the area thought - - it would have been to have a pool slide.

I'd recommend them - though you probably can't always get them for under $100.

I just got Clarion Inn for 3 nights for Veterans Day weekend for 60/night. There are always good deals out there.

I just got Clarion Inn for 3 nights for Veterans Day weekend for 60/night. There are always good deals out there.

I was looking at that property also. Do you mind letting me know how you got the $60/night? I'm looking to check in Nov 9 and out Nov 12. All I have found is $81 or $90.
TIA!

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village is amazing! We've only stayed 1 night but it was lovely! Very clean, big, and close to Disney Springs! I think with taxes and everything it was $115 a night but for how much room you get, it's worth it!

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village is amazing! We've only stayed 1 night but it was lovely! Very clean, big, and close to Disney Springs! I think with taxes and everything it was $115 a night but for how much room you get, it's worth it!
Thank you for the info - I'll check it out!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!