A different kind of rental question

spruce

DIS Veteran
We are members. We saw points on the rental board for $7 each. We rented all 48 offered and got lucky and pulled an OKW studio in Dec (Fr, Sa, Su) with those 48 points. The confirmation is in my name with someone else's points. I wondered if I had DVC member benifits so, I called MS and asked. They told me to bring my member ID card and we would be afforded all member benifits. This is great but I wonder if I'll run into a surprise when we get there and be denied member benifits?
Anyone have any experience with this?..........spruce

Members are "supposed" to notify MS when making a rental reservation. I've never seen any report that the room ID did not say "DVC Member" when a reservation was made on points for a rental.

Most likely, your rented reservation will state- "DVC Member" and you won't even need your membership card.

Have a great trip!

Spruce,
No experience here, but I would think that because you ARE a member, and the reservation is in your name and you can prove you are a member, you should quailfy just as though those points ARE yours. I'd bet yes. Good luck and hope you have a great time.

In this case you should get the benefits but the system isn't going to know that. If your Key doesn't say member on it when you check in, show them your DVC card and ask them to reprint them. If it does, your all set.

When I rented points in August just for a short trip and tour of DVC for my mom, so she would go in with me on buying, I specifically told the CM at check in that I was not a DVC member and she put it on my room key anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter