A Disney Quickie--Four Glorious Days @ My Laughing Place! *11/4 - Splash Mountain!

annnewjerz

If I had a world of my own, everything would be no
Hi everyone! :wave2:

I'm Ann and this is my third PTR on the DIS, although due to some unexpected family emergencies that interrupted our trip in December 2009, it will only be my second TR if I make it through upon our return. :rolleyes:

Right now we are at the 100 day count-down, so I'm anxious to get this thing going! :woohoo: Please feel free to join in, ask questions, give me suggestions or anything you think would be important to know---I'm a complete February newb so I can use all the help I can get!

This first post will be reserved for the Table of Contents, if I can remember how to make one. :headache: It's been a while since I DIS'd, so be patient.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Cast Members
2. How Our Trip Came To Be
3. Disney Photo A Day Countdown - Headless Horseman
4. Disney Photo A Day Countdown - Main Street Train Station Pumpkins
5. Disney Photo A Day Countdown - Happily Ever After in the Haunted Mansion
6. Disney Photo A Day Countdown - it's a small world, after all
7. Flight and Hotel Details!
8. Disney Photo A Day Countdown - Disney's Magical Express
9. Disney Photo A Day Countdown - Splash Mountain

CAST MEMBERS FOR OUR TRIP

Me (Ann)---just turned 26 and a complete Disneyholic. The official photographer of the trip and plans to have a completely photo loaded TR when I return. :thumbsup2

Halloween came early this year... by annnewjerz, on Flickr

:scared1: :scared1:

That's me first thing in the morning before I do my makeup. ;)

Here's a slightly less horrifying shot of me relaxing on the Boardwalk before grabbing some dinner at the ESPN Club.

516282172_EYctP-L-2.jpg

My DH, Erik, won't be joining me on this trip. Two times in 2009 was enough for him and with a 10-day trip to Mexico planned next year, he's banking his vacation time for that. So instead, that brings us to our next Cast Member...

My Mom, Lois---just turned [insert your own age here because she'd kill me] and is a definite Disney Fan. She joined us during our trip in December and had a ball.

582842429_ieJg7-M.jpg

Our neighbors will also be in WDW at the same time, so while they aren't official members of our party because they're flying down separate/staying at another hotel/etc...I'm including them here also, because ultimately they'll be a large part of my eventual TR. :)

Tricia---Disney lover as well. Hasn't been in 8 years since her Honeymoon and totally ready to get back.

827814804_E2efo-M.jpg

She'd kill me if she saw this picture, but lucky for me...she isn't on the DIS! ;)

Tricia's Husband, Bob---a Load Master in the Air Force who is taking leave before heading out on another deployment later in 2011. (pictured with their daughter Ava)

826629004_GJDpU-M.jpg

Ava---4 years old and taking her first trip (a surprise!) to Walt Disney World. We aren't 100% sure how she is going to deal with the characters, lines, etc. but I'm confident they'll have a blast. How could you not?!

910493648_LcxZN-M.jpg

How Our Trip Came To Be

So, now that I have everyone introduced, I figured it would be a good time to talk about how our trip came to be...

One day, not so long ago, we returned from two wonderful back to back trips to WDW in October 2009 and December 2009. We meet my neighbors for dinner usually 2-3 times a month and we relished them in stories of how great a time we had. The wonderful food, the awesome rides, the short lines...all of it! :cloud9:

I tried to convince them that they too should take a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth since their daughter (then 3.5 years old) hadn't been yet!! Unfortunately, I met resistence. :headache: I listened to worries about her being too young to remember the trip, being too young to walk around anywhere, being too young to go on many rides...the usual. But I was persistent and even though they wouldn't be going in 2010, I didn't give up! The battle raged on and with no trips to Disney planned I started to feel like I'd never win, but soon I noticed that familiar face slowly emerging at my neighbor's house. The face of nostalgia when talking about all things Disney, the face of longing to go and enjoy a Dole Whip and a ride on It's a Small World, the face of needing a vacation from life! It was then, I knew the battle had been won.

Finally, after months of attempts at convincing them that there wouldn't ever be a "perfect" time to go because of school schedules, work, crowds, deployments, etc...they admitted defeat and we started planning. :woohoo: :woohoo: And better yet? We found out that at the time they were free to go, there were some crazy deals to be had! All the better!

And now, after almost a whole year of slow but steady prodding, we have set a date and are starting our official Disney countdown. I'm so excited to be headed back and can't wait to experience WDW with someone who is going for their first time. I'm sure it'll be awesome.

THE "A DISNEY PHOTO A DAY" COUNTDOWN

I can't believe it's time to do this already since I'm usually like a 10+ months out planner...but it is...it's time for the....

.....wait for it!!......

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE!!!

:woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay:

99 days people, 99 days!

Since I've taken two trips to Disney in the past year, I thought it would be fun to post a picture (and maybe a little blurb about it) from the trips for each day of my count-down. I'll try to stay on top of this as best I can and on the occassion I miss a post, maybe I'll put up two to make up for it. :goodvibes

99 Days - Photo 1

Headless Horseman (Explored) by annnewjerz, on Flickr

In honor of the upcoming holiday, I thought this shot from our first trip ever to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party would be appropriate. We dressed up as the Village People and had an absolute blast at the party...so much so that I'm trying to convince my DH to take another quickie trip down there next fall to attend again. :thumbsup2 We aren't typically "parade people" but the Boo To You Parade was awesome. Spooky, entertaining and hey, how can you beat getting candy at the end?! :hyper:

So while I'm up...I figured that since technically we are now at the 98 day mark, I should probably put up the next Disney Picture-O-The Day.

In keeping with the Halloween theme for this weekend, here is another taken at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

98 Days - Photo 2

Fall decorations. by annnewjerz, on Flickr

I would definitely consider myself a Christmas person versus a Halloween person, but something about the Fall decorations around the Magic Kingdom just do it for me. I love the pumpkins, the fall flowers on the lampposts, the spooky decor for MNSSHP...all of it. It may be 90 degrees, but the festive decorations definitely make it feel like autumn!

96 Days - Photo 4

it's a small world, after all. by annnewjerz, on Flickr

So today brings us to the 96 day mark and while discussing our upcoming trip with a co-worker, I found out that they will be headed to The World at the same time as us. It really is a small world, after all! I doubt we'll spend any time together during our four days there, but it just goes to show that you never know who you may run into while visiting the Happiest Place on Earth.

TRIP DETAILS

As I mentioned in my intro to how this trip came to exist, I mentioned that once we started looking at the February 2011 timeframe we were pleasantly surprised to find some really good deals, which is always a plus! One of those deals was the absolutely INSANE airfare we found.

We will be flying on February 5th out of Atlantic City New Jersey on...

SpiritAir_lr.jpg

We'll fly back on February 8th.

I've never flown with them before, but for $75 round-trip (no, that's not a typo), I'd try just about any airline. :thumbsup2 Atlantic City is about an hour and 15 minutes from my house, so it'll be a little bit of a trek to get there, but nothing compared to our drive to Baltimore for a SouthWest flight last year. That was brutal. We're scheduled to arrive in Orlando first thing in the morning and leave late at night, which means we will have four whole days in the parks, rather than losing half a day on each end of the trip for travel.

Once we arrive and check-in for the Magical Express, naturally we will be headed to the hotel to get situated before starting our day. Since the $75 airfare set the pace for this trip from a financial standpoint, we decided to do the whole trip on the cheap and opted to stay at....

Disney%27s_Pop_Century_Resort_45627_0_09022006_2209089218_500.jpg

This was a tough decision, if for no other reason than we stayed at the Boardwalk Villas in December and know that this isn't even going to compare. We LOVED walking to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and relying less and less on the bus system, but you pay for that convenience and for $62 per night with a room discount, how could I pass POP up?

We have stayed at values before, but this will be our first time at POP. Any suggestions for room location, things that are tasty in the food court, etc.? We have stayed at the All-Stars several times in the past and although they're basic, they really aren't half-bad if you just need a clean place to rest your head for the night.

So far, those are the only plans. We're all booked, so it's official...we're going to Disney!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

95 Days - Photo 5

Until next time, Disney. by annnewjerz, on Flickr

Disney's Magical Express has GOT to be one of the best things they have put into place for guests...ever. The convenience of showing up at the airport, skipping baggage claim and heading to your resort to get the fun started is the best, and who doesn't love not having to pay for your transportation to and from Disney property? From the second you land in Orlando until the second you board the plane home, with the DME you can truly be in vacation mode, completely sheltered from the goings-on of the outside world, and I love that.

93 Days - Photo 6

Well, I already missed a day in the Disney Photo A Day Countdown, but I'm hoping this won't be a regular occurrence. My photo for today is a shot of my all-time favorite WDW attraction...

Everybody's got a laughing place... by annnewjerz, on Flickr

I can't think of anything I'd rather do in WDW than ride Splash Mountain over and over and over. The length of the ride, the storyline, the music and the thrilling drop at the end all add up for about 12 minutes of Disney perfection. I'm so glad the refurb is scheduled to end by January 31, 2011---five days earlier than my arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter