A Disneyland/DCA PARTY!

Readers, welcome back! If you're new to my trip report, there's a pre-trip report to read and it's on page 1. If you don't care about all the planning stuff than start here!
Just a refresher (and for the new kids) Here's the cast:

Me, Cristabel,
18. I just LOVE Disney! Would love to move to Anaheim to be closer to the Mouse. I get really goofy when I'm tired and mumble so much that no one can understand me. I can get really hyper and LOUD! Believe me it runs in the family. I've learned to love Diet Pepsi and gag at Diet Coke, I love to plan vacations, I love children (2 and under please) and I enjoy spending time with my family.

Dsis7, Anais. Loves to draw and is very talented for being 7yo. Likes going to Disney but doesn't get crazy about it. Silly, observational, and cuddly. I love her to death. She likes to dance goofily like in the Emperor's New Groove. Gives the hardest & strongest kisses and hugs. Will randomly say "I love you, Crista" when we are together, is very patient (okay, as patient as any kid can be) and loves ice cream.

Dsis, Diana, 20. Not coming for this trip but is "watching" the house while we're away.

DM, Maribel (mom). Likes Disney but can get *gasp* sick of it:scared: She's going because we are all going and she doesn't want to miss out. She also gets slap happy when she's tired, it runs in the family. Great mom! Is a coffeeholic.

DF, Renato (dad). Is a Fun Dad and enjoys spending time with his girls (3 daughters and wife) but will put his foot down when needed. He isn't afraid of showing his love for his family, Has the corniest jokes (but that's what makes him Papi), is a "what do you wanna do" kind of person so some decisions (like where to eat) can take forever with this banter between my parents (no one ever asks the kids!), Loves his bread and coffee and enjoys anything when he's with family.

DGM, Mom. It's a nickname and it's stuck for the past 19 years. She is a sweet, hardworking woman, Always busy, retired, She loves her family to pieces and enjoys all her grandchildren.

DGFA, Dagi. Another nickname. He is strong, hardworking man. Retired due to work injury. Is a jokester and instigator. Loves all his grandkids and enjoys teaching the little ones about gardening.

Okay, now for the actual mini-vacation report!
Starting Now
Now, I could tell you all that we got there half an hour early, were chosen for the opening ceremony, were dreamed 5 times and didn't spend a nickel for food. But then I'd be lying.
Now since my gparents were spending the previous night at our house, they slept in my bed (it's full) while I got stuck sharing a twin bed with my 7yo sister, who just happens to love sleeping in the shape of an "S" with her but almost in my face. Yeah, real comfortable. We still hadn't told Anais that we were going to Disneyland, so she thought she was going to school the next morning. My dad, who was originally going to drive with us to Disneyland, had to go to a meeting at work (ON HIS DAY OFF!:eek: ) and wouldn't be arriving until 10am. I was a bit upset but good thing it wasn't later.
Tuesday, April 17th
Diana's cell phone alarm goes off. SNOOZE. 'annoying alarm sound' SNOOZE 'annoying alarm sound' Turn it off already!!! She finally gets out of bed to get ready for work. My mom comes in to wake me up at 6:15am but really I was already awake, just lying in bed waiting for the bathroom to be free. With 6 people and only one bathroom, you have to be quick on your feet for the shower. Thankfully neither of my gparents were showering this morning. I'd rather be early with smelly gparents than late with clean ones. :rotfl: Just kidding, they showered the night before. I shower, get dressed, do my hair and have all my things downstairs by the door by 6:45

Anais is up and my mom tells her she's not going to school, but we have a surprise for her. I wish my mom hadn't said anything because whenever we have a surprise and tell Anais we have a surprise, she can't be happy like a normal kid but insists on guessing what the surprise is. "Are we going Ice skating?" No, Anais. "Are we going to the park?" No, Anais. "I think we're going to chuck E. Cheese" (Yes, Anais that's it, we're headed to see a rat at 7am!) NO, ANAIS. STOP GUESSING! I prefer a mouse over a rat anyday;) By the time everyone, except my mom, is ready it's already after 7am. Great! We're already off schedule!!

Traveling
We leave our driveway at 7:40am!:mad: I'm not a happy camper because traffic is horrendous! So we pop in Anais' veggie tales CD "On the Road Again" while we are "stopping and going...with MERCY!" on the freeway. Really, if you are looking for some sunday-school type music for your kids, Veggie Tales is it! I love Larry the cucumber, he's my favorite. about 1 hour into our driving, Anais is getting antsy. "I'm SO excited! Where are we going". "Anais, you'll just have to wait and see when we get there". "But I'm SO excited, just tell me!" "NO! YOU'LL RUIN THE SURPRISE!".

Finally I see the Disneyland sign and am overcome with giddyness. Anais sees the Disneyland sign and says "I knew we were going to Disneyland!". Seriously, why can't she just be surprised and jump up and down. Way to ruin it, kid! We pay our parking and head on up, parking in Daisy 9H. Taking the escalators down to the tram we are able to get in 2nd tram pretty quickly. We arrive, go through security, I pass out everyone's ticket go through the gates really fast because today, Disneyland is EMPTY :goodvibes I am the OFFICIAL ticket holder. I am not going to take a chance that someone loses their ticket and can't go to DCA tomorrow.

Even for it being an EE day, the park is empty:cool1: . We get really good shots with the Castle. About halfway down Main St. it's 9:18am. Hurry people our reservation are in 2 minutes! We walk through an empty Adventureland and past an empty New Orleans Square to get to Cafe Orleans. We order quickly because we are absolutely starving. We eat and we were the the only ones outside so were were able to enjoy the Pirates show. My dad calls during breakfast and says he won't make it until 1:30pm:headache: Grrr, stupid work! After we finished, we walked right onto Pirates. Now, is it just me or did they make it darker? I couldn't see a hand in front of my face and I could barely see the old man on the rocker. After another adventure with Capt. Jack, we walked onto Haunted Mansion. I like the changes with the bride and everything. We got off and Anais says " Mami, I don't want to go back on that ride. It scared me!" Me: "really anais?" Anais: "Yeah, it scared me in Disney World too. I like the one with Jack". We headed over to critter country and walked onto Pooh (Yeah, my dad being super corny said "ew!")

We make our way to fantasyland, stopping to get Fastpasses for Thunder Mountain and wasting time getting on the boat (which wasn't even sailing), where we are smacked in the face with the hand of reality. Disneyland isn't empty, everyone is just suffocating in Fantasyland. No, it wasn't really that bad. We were able to ride Snow White, Mr. Toads Wild Ride, and Pinocchio. It wasn't work waiting in a 30 minute line for a 30 second ride. I truly like Peter Pan but today I was on a mission.

We walked all the way to Mickey's Toon Town to not get on any rides and walk to Tomorrowland because my mom wanted Pizza. Yes, Daisy's Diner does have pizza but I didn't know my mom had her own mission: eat pizza from red rockett's pizza port. We trek backwards to Tomorrowland and I realize that I'm feeling a little lighter. Searching the bags on my shoulder and backpack, I'm missing our video camera! YIKES!:scared1: So I'm backtracking in my mind and head towards fantasyland, where I left it in one of Mr. Toad's cars. Thankfully, the ride operator saw it and took it out. So I walk to the exit and ask one of the CMs about it and she phones Ride operator #1 who is approximately 20 feet away and he sends it by itself on a ride with Mr. Toad. If I lost that camera my dad would have killed me and it would not be the happiest place on earth. Try, the scariest place on earth with the gnashing of teeth, tearing clothes (definitely not mine), and wearing of sackcloth.

We finally make it tomorrowland where we eat lunch. Yummmm, pizza. My mom, Anais, and I had pizza while my grandparents had turkey legs. I don't know what it is but now those things make me nauseaus. My dad calls me and asks me for directions to the hotel. I hadn't actually written down how to get to the hotel via the freeway but remember reading about it so i told him what I remember. Somehow he ended up out of the city :rolleyes1 So he does a U-ey and finds the hotel. Because my dad is so rationally-minded, he does not want to pay for parking twice. So he walks all the way around to the entrance near the Timon parking Lot. Yeah, that must have been fun.

More later. Will add pictures too.

Next:
Chapter 2: "I almost lost my scream!"

Come on, where's the rest??? We need to know! I've just read the whole thing and I need closure...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter