A Disneyland Trip Report! June 2014!

davish562

Davis
Hello all,

Welcome to my Disneyland trip report! We visited Disneyland on June 12th, 2014 and California Adventure on June 13th. This was my family's first visit to Disneyland! We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn down the road, and it was only an 8 min walk to both parks! I hope you enjoy the trip report!

We walked by the Indiana Jones Adventure but it was broken down! (So surprised!) We then walked to Pirates of the Caribbean, but unfortunately Pirates was closed as well! We were having some bad luck with rides being broken down! Finally, the Haunted Mansion was working! We got in the queue and waited about ten minutes!

While waiting in the Haunted Mansion queue I noticed something very different between Disney World and Disneyland. The rides are a lot more densely packed. For example, the Indiana Jones Adventure's queue is right next to the river's of the Jungle Cruise! You can see the Jungle Cruise boats passing while in the queue! Also Pirates of the Caribbean is only about a 125 feet away from the front of the Indiana Jones Attraction! This makes it much easier to ride multiple attractions without having to walk farther like at the Magic Kingdom! Also the Haunted Mansion is right next to Splash Mountain!

Ok back to the trip report! After visiting some ghosts we ventured over to Splash Mountain! We walked right on and of course I was in the front seat! These logs are different than the logs at Disney World, these logs are single file, the logs at Disney World sit two across! I was completely soaked by the second drop! After having some fun on Splash it was time to go on Pirates of the Caribbean! We waited about ten minutes, and before you knew it where were sailing through the Blue Bayou. I much prefer this version of Pirates, because this one has two drops, the Blue Bayou, longer cave scenes, longer finale scene, and the waterfall back up. After Pirates we ventured over to Indy! Indy was by far my favorite ride in Disneyland! I love the ride vehicles and the unexpected drops the vehicle simulates, I also love the scene where you go across the bridge and there's huge flames!

Pirates at Disneyland is THE BEST...the original!!! I hope you got to see Fantasmic because a lot of folks say it is superior to the show at WDW...I think so...I do like how WDW has the arena seating though! Interesting that you noticed that Disneyland is more dense than MK...you really don't have to walk too far to get to your next attraction :)

Pirates at Disneyland is THE BEST...the original!!! I hope you got to see Fantasmic because a lot of folks say it is superior to the show at WDW...I think so...I do like how WDW has the arena seating though! Interesting that you noticed that Disneyland is more dense than MK...you really don't have to walk too far to get to your next attraction :)
Yah I did see fantasmic at Disneyland! I will continue my trip report soon! I hope you enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter