A DLR Guide for WDW Vets

So good to see you back on this board! You have been missed.
I have been on the WDW forums a bit in the last few months. I am not very excited about some of the changes at Disney parks (and how it makes it harder to visit) and at Disney in general. I hope Disney can get things fixed.

I have never liked Chapek since I first saw and heard him at a D23 Expo. I think he is taking Disney in some unwise directions. Iger seemed to know more often than not the right thing to do and understood Disney customers and the Disney brand. I fear Chapek sees Disney customers only as numbers and is running the company by spreadsheets and not by vision - and is damaging the brand.

Bottom line is I am not sure about Disney anymore. I only went to WDW because I had a business conference there in Orlando. And it was a short visit to WDW (3 days). Otherwise I would not have made the effort. It was not that great of a visit. Something seems to be missing now.

I have been to the last five D23 Expos and only missed the very first one because I did not know what it was. I doubt I will go to the Expo this year as I am just not that excited anymore.

:sad2:

I have been on the WDW forums a bit in the last few months. I am not very excited about some of the changes at Disney parks (and how it makes it harder to visit) and at Disney in general. I hope Disney can get things fixed.

I have never liked Chapek since I first saw and heard him at a D23 Expo. I think he is taking Disney in some unwise directions. Iger seemed to know more often than not the right thing to do and understood Disney customers and the Disney brand. I fear Chapek sees Disney customers only as numbers and is running the company by spreadsheets and not by vision - and is damaging the brand.

Bottom line is I am not sure about Disney anymore. I only went to WDW because I had a business conference there in Orlando. And it was a short visit to WDW (3 days). Otherwise I would not have made the effort. It was not that great of a visit. Something seems to be missing now.

I have been to the last five D23 Expos and only missed the very first one because I did not know what it was. I doubt I will go to the Expo this year as I am just not that excited anymore.

Totally get it. Right now, it seems to be the Disney season of "More Work For Guests & Less Magic." Sigh. But, if it helps, don't lose hope. The magic is still there at DL -- you may have to look harder and be more flexible -- but it is there. Hope we still get to see more of you around here -- your posts are always welcome!

Dude, I hate it, but you hit the nail on the head with this response. I sincerely hope things change, but for now, we've moved on to other vacation options.

HydroGuy has been a fixture for me on these boards. I'm sad to see this, and hoping with the recent changes he will be back.

I haven't been to WDW since 2016 (We are DL people as it's easier to access from Alaska) but I'm considering a spring break trip to Florida now that my kid is in college in the Midwest.

It's coming up soon, so looking for guidance here. I know a lot has changed in 6 years.

xoxo

HydroGuy has been a fixture for me on these boards. I'm sad to see this, and hoping with the recent changes he will be back.

I haven't been to WDW since 2016 (We are DL people as it's easier to access from Alaska) but I'm considering a spring break trip to Florida now that my kid is in college in the Midwest.

It's coming up soon, so looking for guidance here. I know a lot has changed in 6 years.

xoxo

HydroGuy's help was invaluable for me as well. Maybe with Iger back we'll see some positive changes and we can woo him back. 🙂

If you have questions though, feel free to ask. There are a lot of people here who are in the know - we'll do our best!

I am hopeful with Iger back, and the next time he leaves, I hope he helps to choose his replacement. We went steadily to WDW at least every two years since 2004, but we haven't been since 2018...our 2020 trip never happened. Our trip to Disneyland in 2019 was spectacular, and I actually enjoyed it more than WDW. Being from the northeast, Florida is much easier to get to, but I do hope to return to Disneyland again one day...perhaps for a few days en route to Hawaii.

As for right now, I have no plans to spend $$$$$ on a Disney trip at all. DD decided NOT to be married there after all based on the way things have been recently. We have been taking annual beach trips...mere steps from the ocean...that cost just a fraction of what Disney costs minus the aggravation. We've saved a lot of money by not going. In fact, this year, we have two beach vacations planned.

One day, when I have grandchildren, I would like to return to Disney and see it through their eyes. In the meantime, I will save my money and still have lots of fun.

Agreed. HydroGuy has been a fixture in my Disney planning for nearly 20 years. We just booked our first DL trip since NYE 2018-2019. We did DLParis and WDW a few times since. I cannot believe what our price is for this coming NYE for 5 nights with park hoppers/Genie+ at the DLH. By the time we add food and airfare we could have easily gone back to Europe. But this is what our DD wants for her college graduation as she says its always been our family's big celebration destination. Being from Texas, we don't have the luxury of frequent visits. Really hoping its still a magical place when we hear Tinker Bell at the turnstiles this December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter