A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes - A Solo Trip RE-DO (Dec. 2019) - and a Big Family Trip (Jan 2020) (Pre-Trip) Report (updated 11/03/19)

15 Days and Counting to my Solo Trip. 33 Days and Counting to our Big Family Trip.

I've been so wrapped up in the details of two trips plus real life that I've neglected this pre-trip report.

General Updates

When it comes to our Big Family Trip, I was finally able to secure discounts on ALL four of our rooms - but not at the best discounts we were hoping for. So far, 2 of our 4 rooms have a military discount attached to them, 1 room has a Magic Your Way, and 1 room has an AP Discount. But, the thing is, none of us have an Annual Pass.

Yet.

When we run the math, it will cost us $570 for me to get an annual pass (considering I still have a ticket for 2018 + a ticket for 2019 that can be applied to an annual pass). In exchange, we'll save $900 on my MIL's room AND get Memory Maker which we were planning on purchasing for the family trip. So, when I am there for my solo trip in December, I am going to get my annual pass.

(That has me thinking about other trips now. And I have a room booked in May 2020 at the Grand Floridian for either ME & DH, ME & DD, or Just Me)

An Update on My Solo Trip

Day One - Sunday, December 15th

• I arrive in Orlando around 11 AM.
  • After grabbing my bags - hey I want to do that - and hopping on MDE to the Poly. Dropping my bags and then hopping on either the Monorail or the Resort Launch and heagin to MK
  • My first FP is for 7DMT - 1:50 to 2:50
  • My 2nd FP is for Peter Pan - 3:10 PM to 4:10 PM
  • I don't yet have a 3rd FP booked. Maybe I will book it on the bus if I think I am going to arrive super early. OR book it after I am in line for Peter Pan.

At this point, I am not sure about my evening plans. MK closes at 6 PM for a Christmas Party. And right now, my choices for the evening are:

• Buy a ticket to the Christmas Party
  • Relax at the Resort: unpack, explore, check email (I know, I know but I am self-employed) and then head over the the GF for dinner (I have a reservation at Citricos at 8:10)
  • Head over to Epcot and explore the Festival of the Holidays. Including snacking at the booths for dinner.

The thing is, I will have gotten up at 3 AM for my flight. So, is it better to chill or explore?

Day Two - Monday, December 16th

• I have a PPO Reservation at Be Our Guest
  • I have no morning FP's....because....
  • I am meeting our Group at 1:30 PM at the Contemporary
  • We meet our Plaid at 2 PM.
  • Since we are Disney Bounding, I will need to head back to the hotel early enough to change clothes and do my make-up 💋

Right now, my hostess is keeping our overall plans TOP SECRET. We just know that we'll be hitting up MK, AK, and HS during our VIP Tour. And ending the evening at MK for HEA Fireworks.

Since MK has extended hours until 11 PM, I have booked FP's for after the fireworks

• 9:05 PM to 10:05 PM - Big Thunder
  • 10:30 to 11:00 PM - Space Mountain

Day Three - Tuesday, December 17th

This day is UP in the air in so many ways.

I originally booked a Day of Thrills VIP Tour which would take place from 8:30 AM to 3 PM ending in Hollywood Studios.
Doing a full VIP day and Day of Thrills seems like A LOT. However, I still haven't canceled it yet. I need to make that decision this next week.

If I cancel, I am hoping for hour changes at DHS so that it opens earlier.
  • Right now I have FP's at Toy Story Mania at 11:55 to 12:55
  • Star Tours FP at 1:10 to 2:10
  • TWO Oga's Cantina Reservations - 10:10 AM & 3:35 PM (I need only one)
  • TWO Dinner Reservations - 5:05 at Biergarten with CP seats at the 8:45 Show and then Epcot Forever OR 8:05 PM at Toledo
OR spend the early part of the day at DHS and then go to the Christmas Party in the evening.

I head home on Day Four - Wednesday, December 18th

Being at the Poly, I'll probably hop to MK early, have a breakfast at GF Cafe at 10 AM, and then head to the airport by Noon or earlier.

As you can see, I still have a lot of decisions to finalize.

• Go the Christmas Party on Sunday or Tuesday?
  • Spend Sunday night relaxing OR at Epcot?
  • Cancel my Day of Thrills?
  • Spend most of a day at DHS on Tuesday or Mix it up with DHS, Epcot, and/or MK?

What are your thoughts? What would YOU Do??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts