A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: Nov 2010 / Feb 2011 PTRs! UPDATE 10/30

Bucket items!!

Sorry that I have been MIA, friends. But a very important post....the sand pails came!! And they are SO CUTE!!! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Per Jill's amazingly smart suggestion, I went to the Dollar Store and picked up some cute things to fill the baskets. I wanted things they could play with at Beach Club, plus some fun cute other items. I found some great things!! The only things to finish it are some shirts that I am going to make for our MVMCP - they are some super cute iron ons on ebay! :cool1:

So....without further ado, here they are, with items - fun, huh?! :banana:

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

Aren't those cute?! I am so excited! I am going to mail them to the hotel the week we leave, so I won't have to cram them into my carryon bag. :rotfl:

Also, I decided to get my aunt her own Gift Bag item. I decided that I would get her a 60 minute massage gift card! :wizard: I saw that the Beach Club spa has a few spa services, including the massage, so I thought that would be fun for her. :banana:

Well, have a great Saturday night, guys!

Katie

I'm so glad you were able to find some cute Disney Beach items. Those buckets are super cute!

BUT....I did want to share with all of you my niece, Caroline. Isn't she the cutest?!?!?! She loves dressing up, so we put her in all sorts of things we found around the house. :lovestruc

IMG_8960_4.jpg

After she got all dolled up, she went to find her Dad so he could tell her how pretty she was. :lovestruc Dontcha just love her?!

Things are going pretty good plan-wise for the trip. I haven't started to pack yet :laughing: but I will start throwing things in my spare bedroom in a few weeks. That's my normal operation - I just chuck random items into my spare room until I get really overwhelmed and then narrow it down from there. :rotfl:

What fun family time! :goodvibes
These little ones just add so much joy to our lives. :love:

My big suitcase stays semi-packed in an extra back bedroom. I do the same thing - toss in things as it gets close, and then get serious a few days out. After the October trip, it's going to be a pretty lonely suitcase through the cold winter. I hope it will be happy again in March, if that trip plays out. :)

Hi friends! I will do a proper update tonight; we had my 10 year High School reunion this weekend & I had an open house on Sunday, so I am wiped - thus no update for a while. :). But I will soon!

Only 40 days til Disney!!!!

Hello, friends! :lovestruc

Hope you're all having a great start to your week! I am coming off a very busy weekend, so after I write this update, I am taking a shower and heading to bed. :rotfl:

I was on the planning committee for our 10 year high school class reunion and it was held this weekend. We had a blast - on Friday night, we went to our high school team's Homecoming football game, and on Saturday night we had drinks and munchies at a bar / restaurant in our downtown area. We had a great time connecting with classmates and catching up, but I am still wiped. I had the genius idea :lmao: of hosting an at-home party on Sunday afternoon, so I didn't really get to rest on Sunday but that was OK.

We are currently 39 days from departing for the Beach Club!!! :banana: :banana: We are SO close, I can't believe it!! I feel really good about how I stand planning-wise; I don't have any other things to buy, other than my park ticket. I am resisting the urge to buy new clothes for this trip; I really do have cute things I should wear :laughing: and really, I usually find a shirt (or 2 or 3) that I see when I get there, so I won't worry about packing too much, either.

So tonight, I got into the Halloween spirit and decided to take out my decorations! I first got out my cute Halloween plate and coordinating candles...

IMG_1734.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

I then did the mantle....and of course some Disney friends made the mantle. :thumbsup2

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

Isn't that cute?! I was in the decorating mood so when those moods strike, I take 'em. :rotfl2:

Have a great night, all! ONLY 39 DAYS LEFT!!!!!

Your trip is gonna be here so soon!!! I completely understand the desire for new clothes before a trip, yet knowing you should resist. :laughing: I always think if I find some stuff on sale it's okay. :rolleyes1

Your decorations look really cute!!

Your trip is gonna be here so soon!!! I completely understand the desire for new clothes before a trip, yet knowing you should resist. :laughing: I always think if I find some stuff on sale it's okay. :rolleyes1

Your decorations look really cute!!

I am glad someone else shares my "trip clothes" issues. :rotfl: I usually end up packing 1/2 of what I own and I really should just pare down and take a few things. Having the laundry in the room is also a big help - now I just have to keep repeating that to myself over and over again. :lmao:

Today is a very special update....can you guess why?!

I'll give you a hint. Today is October 1st.

And that means....

I CAN SAY TODAY THAT NEXT MONTH WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Today is a very special update....can you guess why?!

I'll give you a hint. Today is October 1st.

And that means....

I CAN SAY TODAY THAT NEXT MONTH WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

It is indeed a special day.
Next month for you, two weeks from today for us! :dance3:

I used to decorate the den a little for Halloween, but I haven't done that too much in the past few years. I need to pick it back up so the girls could enjoy it. I hang my Mickey Halloween banner in the front (living room) window, and that's about it. I guess because Halloween decorations don't match so much with my Old Key West themed den?

Anyway, congratulations on being able to say 'next month'!
That is a big deal. :cool1:

Have an awesome Friday!

Hi friends!!

OK, so I have been gone a while.....:rolleyes1 but I am back now!! I am right now in a lovely hotel in Franklin, TN on a business trip. About a week ago, we got an invite to attend a convention for one of our business associates; they are giving us an award so I am here accepting that award. And I MIGHT fit in a shopping trip....twist my arm. :rotfl:

So we are winding down to trip time!! Just a few more details stand between me and Disney World.....:banana: :banana: :banana:

* Mailing the kids goodies bags to the hotel

* Getting my passes and all that jazz in order

* Deciding if I want the annual pass or not (still not figured that one out.....)

So we're almost there! 2 weeks from today, I'll be eating dinner at OHana!! YUMMO! :woohoo:

Have a great night, everyone!!!

Hi friends!!!

Just wanted to say.....

9 days til Disney!!!!! Do the Single Digit Dance with me!!!!!!

Happy Saturday, everyone!!

As of this moment, I am a mere 7 days from WDW! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

This weekend will go fast, I think. Today is my Mom's birthday, so we are going for coffee this morning and then watching the Iowa Hawkeye game this afternoon while enjoying cake. :wizard: YUMM!!

Tomorrow we might go shopping and then I'll go to my Aunt's house to sit with her and visit while the kids go Trick or Treating. Buzz is going to be an Army man and I am not quite sure what Belle is going to be. :lovestruc

Somewhere in there, I want to get my house ready for me to be gone. I like coming home to a clean and neat house, so I would like to get that done, too. What an exciting thing, huh? :rotfl2:

Have a great day, everyone!! :woohoo:

I like coming home to a clean house, too. If Drew stays home, which he usually does, I tell him he better get it back in order the day before I get back, as I have a pretty good idea of what it looks like most of the time I am gone. ;)

An 'Ohana dinner sounds excellent. We're planning one of those for next summer. :thumbsup2

Have a great Halloween and last weekend before Disney World! :dance3:

I like coming home to a clean house, too. If Drew stays home, which he usually does, I tell him he better get it back in order the day before I get back, as I have a pretty good idea of what it looks like most of the time I am gone. ;)

An 'Ohana dinner sounds excellent. We're planning one of those for next summer. :thumbsup2

Have a great Halloween and last weekend before Disney World! :dance3:

Hope you had a great Halloween as well!! It went very well, we had a very nice time. I was able to go shopping with my Mom for her birthday and pick up a few items for Christmas, which was nice. I went to the store tonight and got a few more t shirts on sale, which was good. I was a little low on those but didn't want to get too many, since I knew I would probably find some I liked in WDW. :woohoo:

Only 5 more days!!!

Hi friends ~

Well, it's been a very busy week so that's why I've not had an update as this trip gets closer.

On Wednesday the 3rd, my Grandpa passed away. He had suffered for years from dementia, so we knew it was coming soon, but it was still very hard. Today was his funeral, and was supposed to be the day we left for WDW. However, we were able to switch flights!!!

My aunt called AirTran on Wednesday and they changed our flights and didn't charge us any extra!! :banana: It was nice sweet of them, it saved us about $1000 in change fees. :woohoo:

So we leave tomorrow morning at Noon. We'll leave for the airport about 8AM and if all goes on time, we should be at Beach Club around 7PM!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: I will be doing Facebook updates and hopefully DIS updates as well while we are there. It will be nice to go on this trip with the peace of mind knowing that Grandpa is in heaven and not suffering any more. :littleangel: It's been hard to get into the vacation frame of mind, but I bet as I am packing tonight I'll be able to get in the spirit of Disney.

Thanks for following along, friends!! :wizard: See you on the other side,

Katie

You know your Grandpa would want you to go and have a good time and know that he is smiling on you.

It is nice to hear that AirTran worked with you to make things work out.

I can't see FB at school, but I'll look forward to seeing the pictures when I ger home in the evenings. I hope the weather will be beautiful for you. :cool2:

I haven't kept up to date on my subscriptions lately so I missed your send off

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather. :hug:

Hope you are having a fabulous time!! (I should have contacted you to be FB friends, I love live pics!! Maybe I'll see if I can figure it out through MeMom)

I've caught some of your FB updates, but this is the first time I saw your update....I'm so sorry about your loss Katie. Like MeMom said, I'm certain he would want you to have a magical time, which by the FB updates I have caught, it looks like you are! :goodvibes:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter