A&E Series about Laci Peterson

Well that answers that then. I still thought the show was interesting and there's no harm in open discussion. None of us will be the people who will be deciding whether he's freed or not!

Is he being retried? Because if he's not, no one is deciding of he'll be freed.

I thought it was interesting, but the man is guilty. I find him dying his hair, with camping gear, and almost $15k in the car as a sign of his guilt. According to his sister, their mom had accidentally taken the money out of the bank and Scott was going to redeposit it. Because that happens all the time. Don't you go to the bank and accidentally withdraw $15k and then have someone redeposit it at a later date

Is he being retried? Because if he's not, no one is deciding of he'll be freed.

I'm pretty sure he is appealing and the court is supposed to hear his case. I'm not sure what that might lead to.

And as for a PP addressing my comment about no harm in having an open discussion, I was referring to this specific thread. I wasn't referring to the show.

His supporters have had a long time to devise possible, alternate scenarios in an attempt to prove Scott's innocence. Given enough time many of us could come up with a story to get us out of trouble or lesson the blow. If these theories were plausible, they would have either been introduced in the trial or would have been given more consideration, when they were introduced. He was well represented, so it wasn't like his defense attorneys were inexperienced, underpaid, public defenders. His lawyers didn't introduce some of the theories we're now hearing, because they've either been newly invented or they didn't consider them credible. I watched the original trial & have no doubt he did it. The idea that Amber Frye did it is ridiculous, IMO. If she did it to have Scott to herself, she wouldn't have come forward making him the prime suspect. His supporters are throwing everything they can come up with out there hoping something will stick.

As for the Casey Anthony trial, I think it's a tragedy that she walked away scot-free. I watched most of Scott's trial & a lot of hers & think there was as much evidence against Scott as there was against her. Both of them should be in prison for life or on death row.

I'm pretty sure he is appealing and the court is supposed to hear his case. I'm not sure what that might lead to.

And as for a PP addressing my comment about no harm in having an open discussion, I was referring to this specific thread. I wasn't referring to the show.

Everyone on death row appeals. It's automatic. I promise his murdering self isn't going anywhere.

I thought it was interesting, but the man is guilty. I find him dying his hair, with camping gear, and almost $15k in the car as a sign of his guilt. According to his sister, their mom had accidentally taken the money out of the bank and Scott was going to redeposit it. Because that happens all the time. Don't you go to the bank and accidentally withdraw $15k and then have someone redeposit it at a later date

I totally did that just yesterday. Have to remember to redeposit that. :rolleyes1

His supporters have had a long time to devise possible, alternate scenarios in an attempt to prove Scott's innocence. Given enough time many of us could come up with a story to get us out of trouble or lesson the blow. If these theories were plausible, they would have either been introduced in the trial or would have been given more consideration, when they were introduced. He was well represented, so it wasn't like his defense attorneys were inexperienced, underpaid, public defenders. His lawyers didn't introduce some of the theories we're now hearing, because they've either been newly invented or they didn't consider them credible. I watched the original trial & have no doubt he did it. The idea that Amber Frye did it is ridiculous, IMO. If she did it to have Scott to herself, she wouldn't have come forward making him the prime suspect. His supporters are throwing everything they can come up with out there hoping something will stick.

As for the Casey Anthony trial, I think it's a tragedy that she walked away scot-free. I watched most of Scott's trial & a lot of hers & think there was as much evidence against Scott as there was against her. Both of them should be in prison for life or on death row.

I don't know how on earth the jury didn't find Casey Anthony guilty. I remember seeing an interview with the chief coroner on the case and she was basically dumbfounded that Casey walked.

Last edited:
I don't know how on earth the jury didn't find Casey Anthony guilty. I remember seeing an interview with the chief coroner on the car and she was basically dumbfounded that Casey walked.
Honestly? She walked because people expect too much, well one juror did at least. They fell for the exact type of things you'll find in shows like this, overthinking and looking for an answer for everything, expecting irrefutable forensic evidence. There's too much of expecting to be spoon fed the crime with dna and whatever other scientific evidence when that's not likely to be the case. Too many people think they are just so smart and they're going to be the one to vindicate the poor railroaded person. They think they might not completely see the truth but they think they know the lie put before them. Everyone know "12 Angry Men", unfortunately too many people want to be the smart one who sees through it all and they ignore the obvious

Yes that makes perfect sense. Instead of redepositing while still at the bank, bring it home and give it to someone else to deposit. LOL

Plus she only took out $10K, he had more than $14K in the car when he was arrested.

Yes that makes perfect sense. Instead of redepositing while still at the bank, bring it home and give it to someone else to deposit. LOL

Plus she only took out $10K, he had more than $14K in the car when he was arrested.
And give it to your son to deposit, who just dyed his hair, has camping equipment in the car, headed towards the border and who is suspected of killing his pregnant wife... because that doesn't look suspicious at all...

There was some claim that the mother was taking money out of an old account to buy off Scott's car and it turned out to be from an account her name was on along with Scott and Laci. Then she took her own $10k to pay him back and that was the money he had on him.
I don't remember all the details I read but it sure did sound like a bunch of BS.

Also supposedly he was on his way to play golf with his father and brother (who's ID he had on him) when he was arrested.
Tell me what kind of man goes to play golf days after the bodies of a baby and woman were found, when your pregnant wife has been missing for months? Wouldn't you be driving up to be there the minute they find out who those bodies were if your wife was missing?

And give it to your son to deposit, who just dyed his hair, has camping equipment in the car, headed towards the border and who is suspected of killing his pregnant wife... because that doesn't look suspicious at all...
And carrying his brother's ID on him. LOL

I had a problem with the Rollins or Rawlins guy (the tv reporter). I don't watch San Francisco television and remember him so he had to have been in Sacramento for a time (TVguy, I'm sure you would know). He came across to me in this documentary as wanting some fame. He certainly wasn't reporting any of this back then. (him standing out there during the so called burglary and not seeing anything).
Also, I noticed they didn't put the lady on that saw Scott with black bags in his boat. I think he stopped at a 7-11 or something.

The one thing that did it for me was, Modesto is not close to the Berkeley marina. No one I know would drive 2 hours away to go fish in a small boat for an hour and come back especially on a holiday weekend. Further more, no one I know would take that small boat out in December in the ocean even if it was only the bay.

The thread is about the show.
It's right in the thread title.

Well whatever, I think some people in this thread are being a little ridiculous about me just wanting to discuss the show. A little bit of overreacting if you ask me. But it is the Community Board, so I should expect that.

Well whatever, I think some people in this thread are being a little ridiculous about me just wanting to discuss the show. A little bit of overreacting if you ask me. But it is the Community Board, so I should expect that.

So the discussion is about the show?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter