A FANTASyTIC Western Carribean Cruise-2 Toddlers

Mickey.MAC

Mouseketeer
First Time Poster to the Dis Board. Thanks to all previous posters who are very generous with their time. Figuring out the art of posting...pictures to follow:love1:

Who: Me and my Disney wife:fish:
Gavin 5
Logan 4
Zcbajo1irt4UNge92

AF1QipOGIFAWd0weGe2ug-oiG9NHtXYIjNopnSmO53QI

photo.php

photo.php

Why: The kids and I love Disney,and I need a vacation, and I found a VGT rate!

What: 7 night Western Carribean

Since the kids were born we have been going to Disney World or Disney Cruise 1-2 times per year. Yes, when the kids were babies, I was warned that they would not enjoy or remember the Disney Experience. Now, as small toddlers, they are beginning to appreciate(a little bit) the Disney Magic. I realize that I am also reliving my childhood by bringing them every year. As usual I waited for a VGT rate to pop up, and I found one on a Western Carribean cruise for a Verandah room. Pictures to follow...

My Disney wife was in charge of packing, and I was charge of planning the vacation and logistics. After scoring a VGT rate(I don't do rack rates for anything Disney), I reported the news to the wifey. She has grown tired of Disney so I offered to take the toddlers by myself--trying to be Mr. Mom. She opted to come along, and she had a great time. It is really hard to travel with children, unless you are the Princess Kate Middleton who has a nanny for each child.:genie:

My son's passport expired on the day the trip ended(is that fate?) and I promised the kids that instead of a birthday party this year, their birthday gift would be a disney cruise(aka Mickey Boat)

Disney Cruise Itinerary Nov 25-Dec2,2017
Day 1: Boarding:dumbo:
Day 2: At Sea:ccat:
Day 3: Cozumel:chewy:
Day 4: Grand Cayman:stitch2:
Day 5: Jamaica and Pirate Night :tinker:
Day 6: At Seapluto:
Day 7: Castaway Cay:smickey:

Travel Day:

We took a late flight out on United Airlines using Points. We stayed at the MCO Hyatt the night before the cruise. I did not buy travel insurance, but instead we got to Orlando the night before the cruise and stayed in the airport. The airport is super convenient because you check right into your room when you arrive and get into the sanctuary of a hotel room right away. I entertained the idea of going to Disney World before and after the trip, but after talking to the Disney Wife(DW), we agreed to just do the cruise. However I am already planning a Disney World trip in the near future...::MickeyMo

Hyatt MCO has a service which enlists the Bellman to pick up the bags from baggage claim and deliver them to your room. This service allowed me to hold my son's hands and make sure they don't destroy the airport.:confused3:dancer:

We had not booked Disney bus transfers or port excursions in advance. I like to have the flexibility to change the schedule based on the kids state of mind and the weather. After a nice relaxing stay in the MCO Hyatt, we used the Disney Cruise service to head over to the Port. The bus is expensive, at 35 per person, but it is super convenient for families. Otherwise I would do the Happy Limo option. I did not carry my suitcases during any of the transfers!:jumping1:

Day 1 Boarding

We arrived at the port and checked in. We received Verandah state room 8138 which is a category 4B state room. The room is 299 square feet with balcony and 3 extra beds--sofa bed, bunk bed, and Murphy bed. The bed has blackout shades on 2 sections so that you can block the sun out, but also divide the room into a dark portion for people to nap. I utilized the shades in the morning when I woke up first. :teeth: The bed is on the port side near the aft elevator. The aft elevator and stairs is the fastest way to travel in a vertical direction. Forget about the midship elevator/stairs unless you are up in the middle of the night. We received the boarding number of 23 and had to wait at least an hour for that number to be called. We sat at the observation deck to enjoy the view of the Fantasy. The Port was full of activity with the ship being prepared for sailing and watching the crew load and unload the cargo. Since we had to wait to board, we put the kids in their swimsuits so we could head straight to the pool deck the minute we boarded. My sons can only do the Mickey slide based on their height. At the port, the ladies room is under renovation so there were long lines. The Port employee told my wife that they renovated the men's room last month. Since I did online check in I received the Oceaneer bands at check in and did not wait in line at the Children's Registration booth.

Once we hit the pool deck, the boys grabbed their ice cream from the unlimited soft serve station and started watching funnel vision. I had an appointment with Dining Management at Royal Court to change dining from second seating 815pm to the first seating at 545pm. The last time I went to Dining Management on a previous cruise I was gunning for Remy reservations. But my focus on this cruise was to eat dinner with the boys. We stayed on the pool deck soaking up the sun until 4 pm, even though the staterooms were open at 130pm:crutches:errr make that 145 pm. Lots of people were crowding the stairwells hoping to check into their stateroom, and bickering broke out when people had to wait an extra 15 minutes.:dog2::hyper2: I felt bad for families who carried a lot of suitcases and carry ons to the ship; it is really hard to enjoy the pool deck when you have tons of cr*p. Our dining rotation for the first night was Enchanted Garden with the following rotation ERARREA.

After the muster drill, we headed to the kids clubs. We skipped the sail away party so we could orient the kids to the clubs. My older son, Gavin, was hesitant to use the clubs. Last Disney cruise he rejected the clubs but he is cruising with his younger brother so they could play together in the clubs. :love1: Most nights there is an open house in one section of the clubs and secure programming on the other side. Secure programming means you can drop your kids off and they cannot leave until you pick them up. The club contacts you through the wave phones if your child requests to be picked up.

We went from the Kids Oceaneer club/lab to funnel vision before dinner. There is so much time to kill when you are on the second dining rotation at 815 pm!:rolleyes1When we arrived at Dinner, as expected, the kids were tired. By the time their entrees arrived, they were cranky and moody(aka tired). The food is okay in the MDR, but the service and theming are great. If you really need good food you need to pre book Palo and Remy for the dinner and brunches!

After Dinner, we went back to funnel vision to watch some Disney movies before heading off to bed. We used the Murphy bed the first night, but it blocks the verandah door so we abandoned it and just used the bunk bed and sofa bed.

Day 2

I woke up early because my body is trained to be up for work. I walked around the ship taking in all of the theming, art, and decorations. The Merrytime theme had an extra emphasis of Christmas, so there were lots of wreaths, and Xmas trees.

I wanted to wake up the family but knew they would have me walk the plank:crutches:
I went to Cabanas at opening, 730, to eat my breakfast and wait for the family to wake up. I also don't carry the wave phone because there is a warning that any broken or lost wave phones cost you 250. :scared:

I enjoyed my nova scotia salmon and my steak. I then worked backwards to fill up on carbs like bagels and doughnuts and threw in the obligatory fruits: on this trip it was pineapple. There is a whole fruit station so I also asked for them to prep me a mango. I was on Disney Fantasy 2 years ago, and this trip I noticed a handwashing station in CABANAS. What a great addition. Handwashing is superior to handwipes, but when both are available you get a safer environment. I saw a lot of guests and staff coughing and I think my family caught other people's colds. A side note: One reason why I pick Disney is because they have a great track record with cleaning and low norovirus outbreaks.

As soon as the family work up, 830 am:dog:, I brought them to Cabanas. Ironically, this trip, I did not use room service at all! We had a nice breakfast near the bay windows overlooking the Caribbean Ocean. My sons were so excited by the view, that they forgot to eat--no worries, they have plenty of ice cream, i mean food on deck!:drinking:

We headed to the pool deck and got some chairs close to the shallow kids pool and mickey slide. I thought my toddler could go on the aqua duck but to no avail! He was an inch too short; my wife tried to flash some leg to convince the crew member to let him on but he did not give inpirate:. Dis Boarder, Chunky Monkey, recommended a spa pass for the Rainforest spa, but my wife tasked me with water safety so when the kids were on the pool deck i was their lifeguard. On our first sea day, Senses salon and spa was holding a raffle. You have to be there in person to claim your prize. My wife and I signed up for the raffle and I was one of the winners. What was odd was that I have won this raffle before so maybe the Gods Spa Days have blessed me. I immediately gave the prize, a 100 dollar credit for spa treaments, to my wife. My wife did not initally want to be on a Disney vacation so I had to pamper her. I was planning to send her for multiple treatments but the first treament would be a pedicure. After the pedicure, she was not too happy with service. Also, they said the raffle prize only applies to signature treatments, and can not be used to sea days.:sad1: No problem! But she felt service was mediocre so she did not want to go for any more treatments.:cat: In terms of the actual pedicure, it lasted in the ocean water...:love2: and I kept pointing out that her toes looked great the whole trip. She was not amused...

We sat by the pool all day long. My younger son was a wee bit short for the Mickey slide, which looks like Mickey's right hand holding up a slide that swirls around. Since some crew members were more lenient, I put him on the slide with crew members were not too strict with height requirements.

Day 3 Cozumel

I was excited for this port. I have been to Cancun and Playa del Carmen. I dreamed of going on the tours which circumnavigate the island. But I had to keep reminding myself that i have toddlers. I did not want to put them in the Club while I left the ship(I did consider it though :teeth:). So I booked a private taxi, on my own, and went to Playa Mia. Playa Mia is close to the ship and was a Disney Port excursion. By going on my own, I felt I could return to the ship if the family did not like it. A few quick thumbs up for Playa Mia because it had a nice kids water park, and a nice spot on the beach. There was also plenty of shade if you are not a sun worshipper. Thumbs Down! Playa Mia did not clean their beachfront so there was tons of seaweed. The water was also murky but I can't blame management for that. In other trips to the Caribbean, i see staff cleaning seaweed in the morning and daytime. At Playa Mia, seaweed lined the shoreline.:furious:

We ate at the Playa Mia buffet which was good for the kids because they had basic cruise food like hot dogs, rice, salad, hamburgers, ships and salsa. My wife was looking for authentic Mexican food(specifically tacos) but she would not find it. We were glad to dip our feet in the Cozumel ocean, but were equally happy to head back to port. As other people have noted, the Cozumel port is designed to funnel you through their shops. I bought my wife a nice sunhat for 15 USD, and she kinda looked like Jackie Onasis.

On our taxi ride back, which is 18 USD day for one way trip, the AC was broken in the taxi. My wife told me she was going to pass out and admonished me for picking a taxi with no ventilation. As we walked by the port my son went up to a person dressed like the skeleton in "Coco". As he passed by the skeleton started talking to him and he ran to me telling me that the monster was chasing him.:crutches:Back in the safety of our ship, we headed to the room to relax. Everyone went for nap time. It was so beautiful that I sat on our verandah. All Aboard was 445 pm. I thought that no one would be silly to test the limits, but no, i saw a Dad push his double stroller to the boat at....445 pm! After Disney closed its ship doors, we stayed tied to the docks for another 20 minutes, but I would not want to risk missing the ship! We were so lucky to have gorgeous weather the whole trip.

Last edited:
I am enjoying your trip report so far! We are going on our first Disney cruise aboard the Fantasy in April, so I am looking forward to hearing more about your trip! My husband was not game for Disney World before or after our trip, either, so we are also just doing the cruise. Like you, I hope to plan another trip to the World in the near future so I can get my fix!

I am enjoying your trip report so far! We are going on our first Disney cruise aboard the Fantasy in April, so I am looking forward to hearing more about your trip! My husband was not game for Disney World before or after our trip, either, so we are also just doing the cruise. Like you, I hope to plan another trip to the World in the near future so I can get my fix!

I promise to start posting pictures when I figure out the secret. I bought the Disney photo package which is unlimited pictures that are taken on the cruise. I am excited for your cruise! My wife enjoyed the trip which was a huge surprise. She was not looking forward to the trip but ended up having a great time!

Day 4 Grand Cayman

I was looking forward to this port since I have been to Grand Cayman. The last trip I stayed at the Ritz Carlton. The Ritz Carlton is probably the best hotel on the island, and spans across the highway. I actually wanted to visit the Ritz, but I had two toddlers in tow and safety was my number one concern. This port is a tender port which means you have to take a ferry from the boat to shore. The island is protected by a reef which means boats have to park far away from shore. I heard that Disney excursions have first priority to leave the boat so I booked an excursion to Rum Point. Rum Point is new to me, and my preference is for seven mile beach. The excursion included a bus ride to a catamaran which would sail to the relatively isolated Rum point beach. I heard that Disney excursions "insure" that no passengers get left behind, so I opted to use Disney rather than rent a car to drive to Rum Point. I score 4 tickets for the excursion and collected my family for the meeting at the Tube. The Tube is a beautiful adults nightclub modeled after the London subway. There are beautiful lights which highlight the colors of the British flag. We boarded the ferry(tender) to ride to port and the ferry ride was awesome. We travelled over the crystal waters marveling at the Disney Fantasy from the water level viewpoint. We also saw the other titanic cruiseships parked in the bay. We then landed at port, and took a bus to our catamaran. The catamaran took 45 minutes, and travelled over gorgeous calm waters to Rum Point beach. Rum Point is on a peninsula. To sail to Rum Point, you have to pass a spot on the reef called Stingray City. I wanted to go to Stingray City, which is a sandbar where dozens of stingrays greet you. However, the excursion has age limits, while Rum Point is for all ages.

We debarked at Rum Point and headed to the private Disney area on the Rum Point beach. The beach is safe and shallow for kids. Further out, my Disney cruise mates saw a lot of fish. But I only stayed in shallow waters where small kids could stand with their head above water. Still, I had life vests for my toddlers and swam with them in the clear blue waters. We also built sandcastles on the beach. Included on this excursion was a lunch buffet with delicious brownies(btw the only thing that ran out was the brownies). We stayed at the beach for about 4 hours and then sailed back on the catamaran. I was not worried about missing the all aboard time because the trip was a Disney excursion.

Grand Cayman was a day where Palo and Remy had tons of availbaility. But my priority was to enjoy the sun, sand and ocean of Grand Cayman. I did not want to rush back to pretty up for a fancy dinner. On the catamaran ride back, the entire family slept on the front cargo net of the catamaran. The sounds of the waves and the wind passing into the topsail was so peaceful; in fact this sail was the best part of the trip--according to my wife.

Thank you for the Grand Cayman write up. Our young ones are 6 and 3. We are going to Rum Point as well. I was looking for a beach for the kids and snorkeling for extended family. My searching pointed to Rum Point as the best bet.

Rum Point was initially sold out. The day we arrived in Grand Cayman it was available to book! Rum Point is very safe because the water is shallow for kids and the waves are gentle; I did not see any rough waves or feel any rip currents. I prefer Seven Mile Beach and wish they had a similar excursion. But the highlight of Rum Point excursion was the catamaran ride. My wife, who I "dragged" onto the trip, said the catamaran sail was her favorite part!

Day5 Falmouth and Pirate night

I have read many people skip Falmouth and stay on the ship. I have also read that people,who did not book excursions, were unable to have a nice day touring on their own. Therefore, I decided to book the Jewel Beach excursion. Although expensive, I did not waste the port day in Jamaica. Also, with 2 small kids, I wanted the safest itinerary where the ship would not leave without us.

Our dining staff recommended Jewel Beach. Thankfully, the meeting time was 9 am so we would wake up and take our time eating breakfast. We went to the D lounge and met with our fellow cruise passengers. In the D lounge, another toddler was enamored with my sons Paw Patrol back pack, so I gave it to the toddler. His father, who looked like a WWF wrestler, said " good luck in getting it back". Lol. We got off the ship and walked through the Falmouth terminal. The terminal was clean and filled with plenty of souvenir and diamond shops. We boarded a tourist bus and took the 45 minute ride to Jewel beach(FYI, if we chose Dunns River Falls, the ride would have been 90 minutes, and the meeting time for the that excursion was 730am). The scenery to Jewel Beach was meh. And when we arrived at the front of the hotel we were underwhelmed. But once we walked past the front lobby, the resort opened up to a gorgeous beach with crystal waters and no seaweed! This beach was better than Cozumel and Grand Cayman. The beach was wide enough so that people had room to spread out,and there were plenty of chairs with shade. The water was shallow and very safe for the kids.

I ordered some drinks(this excursion was all inclusive with food and alcohol), and the bar put in lots of rum--at Cozumel, the bartenders were watering down their drinks. After an hour on the beach, the boys wanted to go the water park. The water park is a lazy river surrounding several water slides. The best thing is the lazy river is not deep, so i pushed the boys on a water tube, around the river about 50 times. We took a lunch break and enjoyed the jerk chicken and the American Buffet.

We then headed back to the beach, after a quick ice cream stop, and enjoyed the water for another hour. Although pricey, I was happy to go on this excursion. I would highly recommend Jewel Beach for families. If I were traveling alone, I might consider Dunns River Falls, or the Blue Hole.

We got back to the ship in a timely fashion so we could clean up and get the boys to a nap. After all, it was pirate night, argh matie! I bought Pirate outfits prior to the trip, and bribed them to wear it. My wife and I were excited to dress the whole family as pirates, and enjoy the Pirate show and fireworks.

We fed the boys at Cabanas because they got hungry and could not wait for our dinner time of 815(second seating). We then arrived on deck to enjoy the Pirate Show which featured a dance off between Mickey and Captain Hook, and then featured Captain Jack Sparrow. We also returned for the Bucanneer Blast fireworks which was cool to see but is obviously not as powerful as the Disney World Wishes! fireworks. We took plenty of pirate pictures which we will hang up at home.

We enjoyed seeing many cruisers dress up in Pirate gear. One cruiser did a really good version of Captain Hook!

Does anyone have tips for disembarking at the ports, but not paying for the excursions?
For the Cozumel, Jamaica, and Castaway Cay you can get off the ship as soon as it docks and go explore on your own. For Grand Cayman you need to board a tender to get to the island and you will be delayed in disembarking if you did not buy an excursion.

Pirate night was a success. The passenger who dressed up as Captain Hook--he even put on a mask) really stood out! If you are a foodie, Pirate night is a good night to go to Palo or Remy. The food is okay in the Main Dining Rotation, but the ambiance and energy is awesome. We prepared for the next day which is a sea day--aka pool day.

The next day we woke up "late". For me that means wake up time is 6 am not 5 am. I strolled around the ship taking in the ship's quiet atmosphere. I toured around all the decks and ended up at the Quiet Cove Cafe. As a coffee snob, I charged up with espressos, and the price for good coffee was nominal. You can get a coffee card to earn a free coffee after 4? purchases. I love the cruising map in the Quiet Cove cafe. The map tells you the GPS location and destination for all the Disney cruise ships. There is also some neat artwork and photos of the Disney brothers.

The sea days are days when I chill out on the pool deck with the other passengers. There is a deck above the pool where you can get sun chairs and stay out of the crowd chaos. After breakfast, I headed to the pool with the family. If you get to the pool after lunch, you will not find a chair. I put on life vests on the toddlers and they jumped in the pool. I sat on the sides of the pool to make sure that they did not play dangerously with each other or with other guests. The kids watched movies while floating in the pool. There is nothing as enjoyable as floating in a pool watching funnel vision.

We alternated the kids between the pool and the Mickey slide. My youngest son was 37.9999 inches, and some of the lifeguards told him he could ride on the slide which required the rider to be 38.0000 inches. I applaud the Disney crew for enforcing the rules; they were professional and show that safety is their priority. I occasionally took the boys for bathroom breaks and ice cream breaks. I really wanted my wife to enjoy the cruise so I sent her to the Quiet Cove cafe to work on her computer(she brought work with her) while I stayed on the pool deck with the kids. The lifeguards are awesome and kept the pool deck safe for everyone, but I hovered around the kids when they were in the adult pool which has a depth where the kids could not stand with their heads above water.

The pools were jam packed with guests. I am cool with crowding as long as no one uses it as a bathroom. Every hours the pools were emptied for the lifeguards to test the water and make sure no guests had used it as a toilet. I used those interludes to bring the kids to the Mickey water slide. Again, I can appreciate the lifeguards protecting our health by testing the water every hour and make sure we were not swimming in toilet water.

The sea days are nice days because you are not rushing around trying to figure out the ins and outs of port excursions. I like itineraries where they have a good balance of port days and sea days. I had a chance to book a cheap cruise from New York to Puerto Rico but there were too many sea days, and I was concerned that Puerto Rico was not the ideal port since Hurricane Irma destroyed the island. Brief trip report interruption: I just finished a short 3 night Disney World trip which was requested by my wife(if you remember, she does not like Disney), and that trip will be in a separate report.

Loved reading your report! Thanks for posting :) I didn't see the pictures (if they were posted), but that might be on my end?

Thanks for your report! We will be cruising this December and I'm starting to research port excursions for families. Our kids will be in a range of 6mo to 11 years old!

Thanks for your report! We will be cruising this December and I'm starting to research port excursions for families. Our kids will be in a range of 6mo to 11 years old!
You are welcome! I picked port excursions which were convenient for families. On Grand Cayman, the Rum beach excursion was super easy for the toddlers. There were clean bathrooms at various points in the trip for them to use, and the lunch buffet was great. Jewel Runaway Beach trip, while expensive, was also easy to bring the toddlers because there was bathrooms and good food. Castaway Cay is the best port because it is included in cruise fare, and is the kids favorite stop!

All excursions were very safe!

Castaway Cay Day

Our favorite port is Castaway Cay. The port is included in your cruise fare, and the food and activities are wonderful!

The first people off the boat are the runners. I went down to deck 3 to check out the line up. Many people lined up this morning to deboard the ship. I was impressed by the number of people who were pumped to do some cardio. I laughed because some of the "runners" had some beach gear. I think I will do the run, as a walk, when the kids get older. I woke up the family at 730 to get some breakfast before a long day on Castaway Cay. We decided to start the day on family beach number 2(closer to the private bungalows). I have yet to use family beach 1. I guess the illusion of a beach further away from the boat makes me believe I will beat the crowds. However, after getting chairs, and with people piling in, family beach 2 was crowded. Because we were already in December, the water was chilly. I brought a wetsuit so I could hang out in the water without getting hypothermia. I brought the toddlers in with their lifevests, and we enjoyed the crisp refreshing water. Then the older toddler wanted to go on Pelican Plunge, so I left the younger child with mommy.

I was concerned that Pelican Plunge would be too scary for my five year old. So I waited in the water when he rode the water slide. I pre-warned him that his head would go under water, and that he would have to hold his breath and be surprised. As soon as he plunged into the water, I swam to him to make sure he did not swallow any water and was breathing. We did the Plunge several more times and rejoined the family at the beach. The little ones built sand castles for 2 hours, and we enjoyed the hub bub of many families soaking in the water and playing in the sand. The lifeguards did a good job keeping the crowds safe. They continually yelled into their megaphones to warn beachgoers of water play that was inappropriate. Also, the water for the bungalows is roped off from the other Disney Guests, so the lifeguards also shouted out reminders to not cross over the line,lol. Our plan was to drop the kids off at Scuttle's Cove(kids club) in the second half of the day so we could chill at Serenity Bay, the adults only beach.

After spending an enjoyable, albeit chilly, morning at Family Beach 2, we headed to Cookies 2. We got there early, and the lunch line was still closed, so the kids got a treat of soft serve ice cream. As soon as the buffet opened, we helped ourselves to ribs, burgers, fries, cole slaw, and corn bread. I always enjoy this simple buffet! We saw our assistant server work at one of the food stations, so we stopped by to say "hi".

After lunch we, dropped off the kids to Scuttle's Cove for some kid club time. This trip is the first time the kids have stayed in the kids clubs(and enjoyed their time). We headed off to Serenity Bay which is my favorite beach. My wife did some suntanning(is it still called tanning if the weather is chilly?) and I waded into the waters of Serenity Bay. I waded at least 100 meters out, and it was still knee deep! I stayed within the boundaries, but sat on the sand bar, enjoying the water and enjoying seeing Serenity Beach from the water. Off in the distance I could see the crew beach; but not many crew were using it.

I got back to the beach and ordered a drink of the day which was called a Stingray. I also ordered another pina colada later. As we boarded the tram near the end of the day, I noticed that some of the crew were actors from the musical productions. We picked up the kids from Scuttle Coves, and they were soaking wet from playing in the water. We wrapped them up in beach towels and decided to walk back to the ship with little wagons. The kids sat in the wagons while we pulled them back to the Disney Fantasy.

We stopped by the gigantic Christmas tree on the dock. By that time the kids were relatively dry so we let them play around the tree. Castaway Cay is the only port that I don't worry about missing the boat; mainly because I have no problem being stranded on Disney's private island.

Final Day and disembarkation

We finished Castaway Cay and were sad to go. Seeing the larger than life Christmas Tree at the dock was a good finish. This trip was the first time the kids enjoyed the Castaway Kids Club called Scuttles cove, and the first time my oldest one went on Pelican Plunge. The water was chilly but still enjoyable.

The dinner for the night was Animator's Palate. We love watching our artwork come to life. We also had to prepare our bags for pickup. We were using the express check in with Magical express; for families, please consider this add on because it will free your hands to hold onto your kids(since you don't lug around cumbersome baggage).

We got back onto the boat and showered. Since we were at the late dinner, the kids went to the Oceaneer club. We also did the Midship detective agency right before dinner. The energy of the boat changed on the last day. People were beginning to realize the end of their vacation was near. We really enjoyed our waiters at our dining rotation. The Assistant server recently started his position. He was the kindest, most genuine person, who gave his job his best effort.

As we prepared to retire for the evening, my wife told me that she enjoyed the trip and was sad that it was ending. I put my placeholder deposit for the next cruise. Since I am an early riser, I saw Port Canaveral as the boat was pulling into port. We went to cabanas for an early breakfast because we had an 11 am flight. I toyed with the idea of a Disney World extension to the trip but we were happy to get home. My wife said that she would be okay with continuing doing Disney Cruises. I think until the kids are older, Disney is probably the safest venue for traveling with the kids due to the kids clubs, staff training, and entertainment. It is very exciting to wait for the new ships coming to Disney in 2020 and we will definitely book them. In the mean time, I always keep my eye out for Guaranteed Rates when Disney runs a sale on their cruises.

Thank you to all posters who educated me on Disney Cruises and Disney World. Thanks for joining the trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!