a fashion ?: white shoes in Jan., ladies?

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
A minor question of mine is deciding which shoes to bring on the cruise in January. Coming from the north in winter, where white shoes are "out" after Labor Day until Memorial Day, I was just wondering what is "in" in the warmer weather. Can anyone tell me what they think. Thanks;)

Well,
Minnie is wearing them...I guess it will be fine.............
seriously, I think of it as what would I wear if it was summer at home. L

Being from the South where it is a major faux pas to wear white between Labor Day and Memorial Day I did wear my white dress sandals on our January cruise. A couple of the outfits I brought would not have looked right with anyhting else.

My thought was they were summer clothes and would have looked more out of place with dark shoes.

I think on a cruise EVERY day is the middle of summer. I wore white shoes many times last december and certainly plan on it again this time.

I can tell you with assurance that the rule about white shoes has a specific exception for resort wear.

Hey use it as an opportunity to extend our Summertime!

Just 'cause it's winter, does that mean we bring our winter boots? LOL

See ya' on the Wonder!

Scratch
:crazy:

Originally from the North, and very familiar with the white shoe rule from Labor Day through Memorial Day, I have lived in Florida for the past 13 years (and you can't get much more South than that in the US). People here in Florida wear white shoes ALL YEAR LONG -- doesn't seem to matter what season it is -- LOL!

I say, as previous posters have said, wear whatever you would wear in the summer. Enjoy!:D

I felt silly posting this at all, as I have other concerns much more important, but this was something that has crossed my mind when thinking of what I'm going to pack.

Echoing what FOJMO, the seasonal rule doesn't apply in South Florida. When I wear a dark jacket to my in-laws church (West Palm Beach area), I feel like I've dressed for a funeral.

Oh my...can just hear the fashion police sirens revving up...

until they heard you were going to be in the tropics!:jester:

Deb

People here in Florida wear white shoes ALL YEAR LONG -- doesn't seem to matter what season it is -- LOL!

Since moving to So. FL, my Dad has taken to wearing white belts too! :)

Appreciate all the responses, really;) , especially from Dave (a GUY). I was starting to think I had to pack my winter (DARK) nice stuff. Yeh, funeral, okay . . .so not on the cruise :) I get it!

Hey Mickeymom629 -

Sorry, I don't think anyone intended to respond in a derogatory way. Personally, I found your question delightful...with everything going on in the world isn't it great that on these boards we can still find a way to indulge in "serious" conversation (ok, NOT so serious - insert tongue in cheek here :jester: ) on matters such as these?

If Disney isn't about focusing on other things, and escaping from the worries of the world what is it? NO! I am not starting a debate here - if you want to talk about those subjects head for either the debate board or the rumors and news. This was a rhetorical question! LOL!!!

Deb

I didn't take offense, honest. I was enjoying the responses. Living in the area where the crazy sniper has been and fearing leaving the house and letting my kids go to school, yes, I thoroughly enjoy getting on the DisBoards and "escaping" to Disney and the people who love it like I do. But I did realize that in the scheme of things, my shoes are pretty minor. But I know me, and it will not seem so minor when I am wondering what to pack!:D

I'm watching the news unfold and hoping that the terror we're living with around here is coming to an end!

Amen to MickeyMouse629. I am a mother and teacher living here in Maryland under the daily threat of this sniper and my only reprieve from this terror has been these DIS boards every evening after school. I too, will be wearing my white shoes over our New Year's Eve week cruise on the Magic. We are so happy and excited here today that I would paint myself rainbow colors and parade the streets in white shoes! Barb

It's always summer when you are cruising.... otherwise you wouldn't wear shorts or swimsuits! I always take white shoes, sandals , sneakers and formal shoes...water shoes are also a good ideas. Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter