A Few Concierge Questions

Mainsail Minnie

Momketeer
I'm considering upgrading our June Dream cruise to concierge. I'm a bit of a high maintenence girl due to multiple health issues, so I have a few little questions to ask before taking the plunge:

1. Is there a covered area on the sun deck where you can lounge? The pics seem to show loungers all in the direct sun. Is the sun deck hot tub covered?

2. We'd definitely book a family beach cabana. I read somewhere that music plays in these. Is the music soft or on the louder side? If the latter, is there any way to turn the cabana music off or down?

3. Do all cabanas have hammocks?

4. Which cabanas are closest to Pelican Plunge? Are there any extra shady cabanas that people know of?

5. I've read that if you ask shoreside for special (nonalcoholic) drinks to be stocked in your fridge, they can sometimes do that for you. I only drink Zevia, which is a brand of naturally sweetened sodas. Do you think they could get a specialty soda for me, or had I better bring my own? It's available in regular supermarkets in my hometown, but I don't know about Orlando.

Thanks for any input!

I'm considering upgrading our June Dream cruise to concierge. I'm a bit of a high maintenence girl due to multiple health issues, so I have a few little questions to ask before taking the plunge:

1. Is there a covered area on the sun deck where you can lounge? The pics seem to show loungers all in the direct sun. Is the sun deck hot tub covered?

2. We'd definitely book a family beach cabana. I read somewhere that music plays in these. Is the music soft or on the louder side? If the latter, is there any way to turn the cabana music off or down?

3. Do all cabanas have hammocks?

4. Which cabanas are closest to Pelican Plunge? Are there any extra shady cabanas that people know of?

5. I've read that if you ask shoreside for special (nonalcoholic) drinks to be stocked in your fridge, they can sometimes do that for you. I only drink Zevia, which is a brand of naturally sweetened sodas. Do you think they could get a specialty soda for me, or had I better bring my own? It's available in regular supermarkets in my hometown, but I don't know about Orlando.

Thanks for any input!
1. What ship are you on? The hot tubs on the Dream/Fantasy class are not covered. The lounge chairs that I recall are uncovered but they do get shade throughout the day.
2. I have had cabanas last 2 cruises, and while there may be music it is unobtrusive. I don’t believe there are volume adjustments.
3. All cabanas have hammocks.
4. The lower number cabanas will be closes to Pelican - 1 - 8 being the closest. They will also be the shadiest as they are a bit farther apart from each other so the landscaping is fuller.
5. I’ve not heard of Zevia; I would call Shoreside Concierge directly and ask.

Adding an update for questions 1 and 5.

1) They added shade to the concierge sundeck area on the Dream class in the last few years. There are still some sunny spots so they also have loungers that you can pull a shade up for just your seating.

5) They do take drink request but they are usually limited to coke products or items that they can source through normal channels. It is not uncommon for concierge to make an effort and get something special. Some folks have shared that staff have actually went shopping in port to get special drinks so maybe someone can relay that experience, but that is not always possible.

2. There is a music control in the closet. You have three tracks and the option to lower the volume to zero.

5. DCL only stocks Coke soft drinks, and Concierge have cut back in the last few years on special requests. We haven’t been successful getting Coke products not usually on the ships. My guess would be ‘No’ but I would ask anyway. Maybe you’ll benefit of a change of policy.

If push comes to shove the Whole Foods in Orlando will carry Zevia. You could probably even have it delivered to your hotel pre-cruise via Prime Now grocery delivery. I would imagine that Publix carries it as well but I can’t confirm that for sure.

If push comes to shove the Whole Foods in Orlando will carry Zevia. You could probably even have it delivered to your hotel pre-cruise via Prime Now grocery delivery. I would imagine that Publix carries it as well but I can’t confirm that for sure.
That is very good to know. We'll have a car, so it's great to know I can stock up there. Thanks!

Thanks again, everyone! This was very helpful information and I booked our first concierge cruise today! Stateroom 12518 on the Dream this June. Looking forward to trying something new!

Make sure to send your request at exactly midnight 125 days out. It is possible that you won't get a cabana there are more concierge cabins than there are cabanas.

Make sure to send your request at exactly midnight 125 days out. It is possible that you won't get a cabana there are more concierge cabins than there are cabanas.
I read a post that stated you can only send the email at 12:01. Can you send at 12:00? That seems to make more sense to me but I thought I'd check.

I read a post that stated you can only send the email at 12:01. Can you send at 12:00? That seems to make more sense to me but I thought I'd check.
You can send at 12, as long as it's 12:00:01 you're good to go. It just can't be before 12, so if you hit send at 11:59:59 it wouldn't be accepted. Maybe people wait until 12:01 to be safe? I've sent at exactly 12 and haven't had a problem.

In the cabanas on Castaway, I think you have a choice to what music you listen to. I want to say we turned it off or down when we had them set up a pack and play in it and our daughter was napping. You will LOVE concierge!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!