A few DDP questions

LilyWDW

Going to My Happy Place
I have tried to read as much as possible of the board before posting, as I normally try very hard not to post about something that is there. However, with all the information out there it is difficult and I have a few questions still :confused3 . Mostly they are about value of the DDP...

First a background... I am planning a trip for next May that will consist of 13 people attending ranging in ages of my grandmother in her 70's to my cousin's youngest child of a whole 5 months (breaks down to two under 3, two in the 3-9 range, and 9 adults). Currently, I am working on if the dining plan would be a good deal for us. Money is our biggest concern and then flexibility. We will be staying onsite (POFQ if all goes as planned) and will not be doing anything off site. We will have our own vehicles as we are thinking of driving (trying to get that many people on planes and with 4 kids.... nuh uh thank you).

So, I have all this information at my fingertips and I was explaining the plan to them. However, my family is a numbers type of people, especially when it comes to money. So here are my questions:

- Has anyone done the DDP with this large of a group? Was it worth it in your honest opinion?

- Does the DDP keep its value when it comes to having children in the party? What is the age cut off on the different tiers (too young to be on it --> kids version --> adult)?

- Would anyone be willing to give me a very rough estimate on how much it saved you if it DID save you money?

- Is it usable with AAA booked packages?

Thank you all for your help. This trip has been postponed once already due to issues out of my hands. It's a mixed blessing and curse in that it gives me more time to plan lol. :crazy:

I should mention that most, if not all, of the party would be wanting to try different restaraunts and would be doing a counter service and sit down a night.

The ages are 3-9 kids 10+ adult.

Children are definitely a good value.

We had the free dining for 13 nights, but it would have cost us around 1075. The value of our food, tax, & tip came to around $1740.

We did a lot of buffets - the value would have been even higher if we had done more regular TS meals.

Snack options have been expanded, so snack value could be increased also.

Since you said you already plan on a CS & TS each day - the ddp is a good deal.

It doesn't matter if everyone is eating at different places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter