A few Fantasy cruise questions...

kaytayprincess

Mouseketeer
We went on the Magic in 2012, but from what I've been reading a lot has changed. We are going to be sailing on the Fantasy next year. So, with that in mind, I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can clarify for me:

1. Tipping the room attendant: I can't remember if we did this daily or one lump sum at the end of the week or even if it was charged to our room? At POP, we leave a cute little Disney envelope daily. Is that what we should do on the cruise and if so, in the morning or in the evening for the turn-down service?

2. The ticketed meet-and-greets: This is new for us. Does every kid/adult need one or is it one for the cabin?

3. Parking your car at the port: What is the cost for this daily? In 2012, we stayed at the Country Inn & Suites and enjoyed their free parking but I don't think we are going to be able to do that this year.

4. Penny pressing machines: I read where there are 2 when you get on the ship, but was wondering if there are any on the ship?

5. The FE: We didn't do this in 2012, but I am thinking of signing my DS5, DD13 up for the kids FE this trip. Any thoughts on it? I really don't know what the negatives would be with it?

Thank you to any and all who takes the time to answer my questions.

We went on the Magic in 2012, but from what I've been reading a lot has changed. We are going to be sailing on the Fantasy next year. So, with that in mind, I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can clarify for me:

1. Tipping the room attendant: I can't remember if we did this daily or one lump sum at the end of the week or even if it was charged to our room? At POP, we leave a cute little Disney envelope daily. Is that what we should do on the cruise and if so, in the morning or in the evening for the turn-down service? End of cruise, you will receive an envelope and a slip with the suggested amount. You can prepay this or it will be charged to your room. If you do room service, most items are free but you should tip the delivery person.

2. The ticketed meet-and-greets: This is new for us. Does every kid/adult need one or is it one for the cabin? I was told by DCL staff that each person needed a ticket. I have heard conflicting information on forums. I would get one per person to be safe.

3. Parking your car at the port: What is the cost for this daily? In 2012, we stayed at the Country Inn & Suites and enjoyed their free parking but I don't think we are going to be able to do that this year. Don't remember exactly ( I think somewhere in the $20ish per night range).

4. Penny pressing machines: I read where there are 2 when you get on the ship, but was wondering if there are any on the ship? None on the ship - two in the port terminal.

5. The FE: We didn't do this in 2012, but I am thinking of signing my DS5, DD13 up for the kids FE this trip. Any thoughts on it? I really don't know what the negatives would be with it? We are doing for the first time on upcoming cruise. I have found that thinking about and finding the "right" FE for each person has helped pass the time and I keep second guessing part of my gifts. You would need to confirm with your sailing group (either here on thru FB group) if it is a kids only, cabin gift or per person. We are signed up for the per person variety with 11 total cabins in our group. That's 40 FEs, so just make certain you are very clear as to what you are signing up for. From the feeling on the boards, some people love it, some hate it and some can't wait to try FEs.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip.

@dprincessmom had great responses.

Yes, you need a meet and greet ticket for every person going in the line, if you are actually meeting the characters or not. There may be some Disney magic where someone signs up their kids, and not themselves, and the cast member lets them in anyway because who wants a couple of kids unsupervised. Just get it for everyone in your party.

Parking is $17 per day at the port. Payable before you actually enter the parking garage. There are several offsite parking lots if that excites you.

The penny machines in the terminal were on the left side at the far end of the terminal, just before you get to the Mickey funnel entrance.

1. Tipping the room attendant: I can't remember if we did this daily or one lump sum at the end of the week or even if it was charged to our room? At POP, we leave a cute little Disney envelope daily. Is that what we should do on the cruise and if so, in the morning or in the evening for the turn-down service?

2. The ticketed meet-and-greets: This is new for us. Does every kid/adult need one or is it one for the cabin?

3. Parking your car at the port: What is the cost for this daily? In 2012, we stayed at the Country Inn & Suites and enjoyed their free parking but I don't think we are going to be able to do that this year.

4. Penny pressing machines: I read where there are 2 when you get on the ship, but was wondering if there are any on the ship?

5. The FE: We didn't do this in 2012, but I am thinking of signing my DS5, DD13 up for the kids FE this trip. Any thoughts on it? I really don't know what the negatives would be with it?

1. End of cruise there will be envelopes provided along with the stub showing what the CM earned in gratuities from your cabin. You could always add more either in cash or by going to GS to add them to your on board account. You can also prepay gratuity before even sailing
2. Everyone needs a ticket regardless of having photos taken or autographs signed.
3. 17.00 a day at Port Canaveral. There are offsite options as well that include shuttles and timing details to work out.
4. Penny Press machine is located in the terminal to the left all the way back. There are a couple of tables in the waiting area right there...the machine is along the wall.
5. F.E. : We have never done them personally as it seems to be a lot of work on a vacation. That being said, some folks absolutely LOVE taking part and the kids get a kick out of it too. I have been known to randomly pixie dust cabins with FE holders outside their door...but I do not have an FE holder and I don't put cabin number or our name on the item I leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter