A few more TDL logistics questions

Grotto

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!

I really appreciate all the detailed information on the board! I have read every thread dating back to 2021 and have learned SO much!

We are traveling to Japan with Adventures by Disney in early June. Our tour ends Tuesday, June 13th and we transfer to Tokyo Disneyland that day. Staying at Hotel MiraCosta.

After all that reading, I still have a few questions:

1) Like most, I am unable to buy park tickets on the the TDL website. I know we can buy tickets when we arrive at the hotel, but I thought I read somewhere that you can't by the after 5pm weekday pass on the same day. Is that true? If so, is there another way to buy this particular ticket? I looked on Klook and the after 5pm ticket was not offered.

2) Does anyone have experience with using an iPhone with Verizon international service? Cost would be $100 for the duration of the trip. But only on one phone. Or are we better off with the rented wireless service? If so, which one? Looked like Japan Wireless worked well for people on more recent trips.

3) Looking at restaurant menus online, most seem to have very limited options, sometimes only one item. Are the online menus complete?

4) Is it easy to book the Limo Bus from TDL back to the airport? Can I do this after I arrive, or should it be scheduled ahead of time?

5) Can you walk from MiraCosta to the Disneyland entrance? If so, how far? Or do people always take the monorail? Looks like monorail tickets are no longer included.......

Thanks to all who post here!
Rob

Can't comment on the first question but I can comment on the rest.

2. If you're traveling with multiple people, I would recommend getting a rented wireless device. Any of the options that allow you to pick up at the airport when you arrive should be fine.

3. Most restaurants have more than one option although some food stands may only have one or two things. Are you sure that you are looking at the full menus in Japanese? If you go through the 40th anniversary website, you may be looking at only the anniversary exclusive items rather than the full menu.

4. I assume you're leaving from MiraCosta rather than TDL. Just talk to the front desk at some point during the stay and they can help you. I usually just walk up and pay by Suica without making a reservation when leaving from the parks.

5. It's like a 1/2 hour walk each way so most people will just take the monorail.

Last week the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel could sell us only the one-day passport.

It was easy to book the Limo Bus after we arrived. It was 1900 yen per adult, cash only, payable at Bell Services.

Monorail tickets were something like 1200 yen for a three-day pass. I suppose it’s possible to walk, but it may not be the best use of time.

We are in Japan now so I thought I would share a couple of things. We bought our Disney tickets through Klook (I think) which worked great. I did get a text from my credit card company asking if we were trying to make that purchase so you may need to give your credit card company a heads up. We went the belt and suspenders approach to WiFi. We got the International Plan for one phone ($50 for a month with T-Mobile) and rented pocket WiFi. We did both because there are three of us and we knew there would be times when we were not all together. The one or two people without the International Plan phone keeps the pocket WiFi. I will tell you that the pocket WiFi is faster than the International Plan. Since you are with a tour group, it probably isn’t as important to always have WiFi. We need it to get around (subway system in Tokyo is massive with multiple lines) and to translate. We have Google maps and translate. Maps sometimes doesn’t work well in stations.

We are in Japan now so I thought I would share a couple of things. We bought our Disney tickets through Klook (I think) which worked great. I did get a text from my credit card company asking if we were trying to make that purchase so you may need to give your credit card company a heads up. We went the belt and suspenders approach to WiFi. We got the International Plan for one phone ($50 for a month with T-Mobile) and rented pocket WiFi. We did both because there are three of us and we knew there would be times when we were not all together. The one or two people without the International Plan phone keeps the pocket WiFi. I will tell you that the pocket WiFi is faster than the International Plan. Since you are with a tour group, it probably isn’t as important to always have WiFi. We need it to get around (subway system in Tokyo is massive with multiple lines) and to translate. We have Google maps and translate. Maps sometimes doesn’t work well in stations.

Do you remember the name of the pocket Wifi you rented? Did you pick up at an airport (Narita? Haneda?) or have it delivered?

Last week the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel could sell us only the one-day passport.

It was easy to book the Limo Bus after we arrived. It was 1900 yen per adult, cash only, payable at Bell Services.

Monorail tickets were something like 1200 yen for a three-day pass. I suppose it’s possible to walk, but it may not be the best use of time.
Hello I’m going with my partner and I’m eligible for the disabled pass. Do I need to buy 2 tickets for him as my carer? Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter