A few OKW questions please!

Bumpy

Earning My Ears
Hi,
We will be staying at OKW in a 2 bedroom for the first time over Labord day week. I was hoping that someone might know the answeres to these questions.
1. Do they have a safe in the room?
2. Do they have ice and vending machines nearby and if not do they sell ice bags at the general store?
3. How many phones and tvs are in a two bedroom?
4. Is it possible to lock the master bedroom from the outside?
5. We will be checking in before some of our guests will they still be able to get the LOS pass and at a discount if we are not there when they check in?
6. Where do you check in and how will our guests get to the room with their luggage ?
7. Is there a place to get coffee and danish or bagel in the AM.

I think that is all my questions :D :D Thank you to anyone who can help me out with the answeres!!!!

KAY

Hi Kay!

You're going to love it, it's very relaxing.
1. Yes on the safe, at least in the ones I was in.
2. Yes, there's ice at the store and I think there's ice nearby but we didn't use it.
3. 3 TVs, 3 phones - 1 in each bedroom and 1 in LR
4. I don't think it's possible to lock the MBR from outside.
5. No, you have to buy them to get the discount. I was given a hard time by someone who said that the discount was for immediate family only, which was stupid.
6.You check in at the main house (forget it's name). They can take care of your luggage if you get there early. Once you check in your guests can go straight to the room - I think you can tell Guest services to hold their passes/room keys (LOS passes are on your room key) and they can pick it up at Guest Services.
7. There's a restaurant but I didn't like it. Mom and I liked to go to PO for a quicker bite. Also, since there's a full kitchen, you can bring coffee and danish and other stuff.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! You can even bring Videos!
Baileymouse

Hi. Hope you have a great time!

1) Yes, there is a safe in the room.
2) The fridge has an ice maker in it. Ther is an Ice machine near the Turtle Shack, (near one of the "quiet pools) and probably others.
3) Should be three phones and three TVs.
4) Not sure what you mean. The master bedroom has the tub/sink part of the main bathroom attached to it. You can lock it from the inside, but not sure if you can from the outside.
5) Don't know this one.
6) You check in at the Community center. There is bag service to your room if you need it or you can drive right up to the front door of your villa (one of the great things about OKW). You can check in and have your guests' resort cards held for them and they can pick them up when they arrive.
7) There is the Goods-to-go snack bar, Olivia's restaraunt, the general store. Not sure when the Turtle shack opens. You'd have to go to the community center for the first three or you can get donuts at the general store and keep them in your kitchen.

Hope this helps! Have a great time! :D

Let's see...I'll tackle some of them.

Yes, there is a safe in the closet in the master bedroom. It's relatively small and is an "in the wall" safe with a special key. It will hold cash, documents, etc. You won't fit a laptop or other large items.

You have an ice maker in the freezer but there are are also ice machines at every bus stop.

There is a large TV and VCR in the living room and smaller TV's in each bedroom. There is a phone in the living room and in each of the bedrooms.

I'm not sure about the lock on the bedroom. If you are in a unit under #30 your guests will need to enter the bedroom "a little bit" to reach the master bath. (There is another bathroom off the second bedroom.)
If you are in #30 and above, you would also have to lock the bathroom since they could circle through the bathroom and enter the master bedroom from that direction. There is also a "window" above the jacuzzi that has wooden blinds you can pull, however, this means it is sort of open from the bathroom to the bedroom.

Not sure about the check-in/pass questions. It can probably be arranged so you don't have to be there.

Check-in is at the Hospitality House. If you don't have a car they can arrange to take you to your unit and help with the luggage.

You are in a two-bedroom with a full kitchen....the best place for coffee and a bagel is in your kitchen and then enjoy it out on your deck. ;) But, you can also get coffee and danish at the snack bar by the main pool.

WOW,
You guys are good! Thank you Thank you Thank You! for all the replies. An Ice maker in the fridge why it will be like I never left my home! YAAAY! Coffee and danish on the porch how perfect! 3 tvs I dont think I can stand the luxury but I'll try! Thanks Again! I am really excited now 56 days!:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

Bumpy,

In short you will love the 2 BR. at OKW. And be spoiled for the rest of your DVC history . For your DW vacation you've never had it so good!

Just to bump in with another suggestion. Bring a pound of your favorite coffee and some 4inch round coffee filters. Buy creamer, bagels, doughnuts at the General Store or on your way in from the airport and you will be set for a great start on your first morning at OKW.

Absolutely right bres. And Don't forget the filters. A key item in short supply.

1. Yes, there is a safe in the room if it's a 1 bedroom or larger. We just stayed in a studio in June, and there was no safe, but it was a lock off next to a 1 bedroom, so it was probably usually used as bedroom #2 in a 2 bedroom, so they probably figured that there's a safe in the 1 bedroom unit that it would usually be connected to.

2. There is ice at the general store, but I'm not sure about ice machines scattered throughout the complex. Remember, each unit has a fridge...even the studios have a small bar size fridge with a small freezer...so unless you need a ton of ice for something, that should do you fine!

3. A 2 bedroom has a phone in the living room area, a phone in the master bedroom, and a phone in the 2nd bedroom. It has a TV in the master bedroom, a TV in the livingroom area, and a TV in the 2nd bedroom.

4. No. The master bedroom door can lock from the inside, I think, but it's still connected to the bathroom, which can only be locked from inside the bathroom I think.

5. I don' think your guests will be able to get discounted LOS passes without you there, but I'm not positive. You check in at the Welcome Center at Conch Flats and either they have little golf cart things that will bring luggage to your room, or you take it there yourself. We usually rent a car, so we just bring our luggage in oursleves. A hint...the newer buildings have elevators to the 2nd floor, which makes it easier than schlepping your luggage up the stairs!!!

6. At Conch Flats there is a little snack bar on the side by the pool that I think has stuff like that. Again, though, you're going to have at least a small fridge, coffeemaker, and microwave in your room if you stay in a studio, and you'll have a full kitchen with full size appliances if you're in a 1 bedroom or bigger. We usually buy easy to prepare breakfast foods and some snacks and do breakfast in the room. It's actually kind of nice to sit out on the balcony in the AM overlooking
the property relaxing with a cup of coffee and a bagel or whatever! At night, it's nice to sit out there and have a soda or drink with some chips or whatever.

Hope I've been helpful!!!Have a great trip!!!!:)

Bumpy,

We will be at OKW over Labor Day as well (Sat - Wed). A two bedroom and a studio reserved (11 of us going). Maybe we'll see you at the pool. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter