A Few POR questions

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
I couldn't find the main thread, so here are my questions:

Is the woods view for Bayou 5th sleeper worth the extra bucks vs. standard view?
With it being such a large resort, how difficult will it be to get extra blankets delivered to our room?
Can my DD, who is 5'1", sleep comfortably on the Murphy bed?
How thin are the walls?

Thank you!!

I couldn't find the main thread, so here are my questions:

Is the woods view for Bayou 5th sleeper worth the extra bucks vs. standard view?
I do not think so. It does add 5 more possible buildings (25,26,28,38,39) you could be put in, but there is no guarantee. It really just means you will not be on the parking lot side of any of the buildings, but the couple of times we were WDW did a great job with trees and foliage that it blocked a lot of the parking view. Check out touringplans Resort room locations. Below is the Standard view (buildings in red) image. Those buildings are also Wood view but then you can add the building numbers I listed above.
1712339846266.png
With it being such a large resort, how difficult will it be to get extra blankets delivered to our room?
The size really has no affect on mousekeeping deliveries.
Can my DD, who is 5'1", sleep comfortably on the Murphy bed?
No idea
How thin are the walls?
We have stayed at all 3 levels of WDW resorts and the only difference is with deluxe the bathroom is farther from the beds so you do not here much bathroom noise. If you are a light sleeper just close your bathroom door. But, if you have a noisy neighbor you will here them no matter where you stay.
Thank you!!
We love POR and find the theme great and very enjoyable to walk around at.

I do not think so. It does add 5 more possible buildings (25,26,28,38,39) you could be put in, but there is no guarantee. It really just means you will not be on the parking lot side of any of the buildings, but the couple of times we were WDW did a great job with trees and foliage that it blocked a lot of the parking view. Check out touringplans Resort room locations. Below is the Standard view (buildings in red) image. Those buildings are also Wood view but then you can add the building numbers I listed above.
View attachment 848499

The size really has no affect on mousekeeping deliveries.

No idea

We have stayed at all 3 levels of WDW resorts and the only difference is with deluxe the bathroom is farther from the beds so you do not here much bathroom noise. If you are a light sleeper just close your bathroom door. But, if you have a noisy neighbor you will here them no matter where you stay.

We love POR and find the theme great and very enjoyable to walk around at.
Thank you so much!

Since there's no balcony or patio and you're unlikely to be looking out the window more than a couple of minutes per day, I wouldn't pay the extra for an upgraded view. Also, two of the four times we booked a standard view they've put us in a water view (maybe we've just been lucky with the pixie dust?).

Thank you so much!
After talking with my DW, I looked at room views on touringplans and I guess you do see more of the parking lot from some rooms, that I remembered. This is SV for room 2411 ground floor. Then the pic after is room 2402 ground floor. With that said, we actually do usually upgrade to a garden view etc. because we do open our drapes and look out the window during the day, not to mention it really makes the room more brighter, which is so much better.
1712356924771.png
1712357271452.png

Since there's no balcony or patio and you're unlikely to be looking out the window more than a couple of minutes per day, I wouldn't pay the extra for an upgraded view. Also, two of the four times we booked a standard view they've put us in a water view (maybe we've just been lucky with the pixie dust?).
Totally this! We’ve stayed at both PO resorts a few times and have been lucky to have a garden or water view. The only time I appreciate the view is walking to our room. The closest I have our drapes “open” is when we leave the room but the shears are still pulled. Personally, it sleeves me out to see people walking by and looking in our room. So I would definitely not pay for the upgrade. Now, if we have a balcony when we’re at a deluxe, totally different story!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter