A few questions about renting DVC points.

The Eighth Dwarf

Mouseketeer
Hi all , hope this is allowed in here.
Has anyone ever rented DVC points, I've had a look at it but I've got a few concerns.
Number one, is it allowed/approved by Disney.
I know how it works was just wondering if there's any chance when I got to check in they could say oh, you don't own these points. Is it permissible for DVC members to rent out points? I've worded that really badly but hopefully you get the general gist.
I've been looking at a site called David's vacation club rentals, it costs 14 dollars a point, which is probably at the high end of the scale but it does seem hassle free. Has anyone used them before? Are they reputable.
Another question, I'm looking a studio for 15 or 16 days at the Boardwalk, is it even possible to rent out that amount of points. It says its 300 points on his site, I take it I would have to rent them all from one person.
What about the Magical express, is that something we book or he does? And whose name actually goes on the reservation.
So if anyone could please give me the heads up on all this it would be really appreciated, maybe if some of you guys have done it before a mini review would be nice too.
Thank you Simon.

I've moved this over to UK DVC. I don't have time to answer at the moment, but if you haven't had any responses, I should be able to chime in some time tomorrow. :thumbsup2

I've moved this over to UK DVC. I don't have time to answer at the moment, but if you haven't had any responses, I should be able to chime in some time tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Thank you,
Lol, as soon as I posted it i seen the UK DVC forum, thanks for moving it.
:thumbsup2

DVC members are allowed to rent there points out.

Your name will go on the reservation however you have no control over it - all changes and requests have to be done by the member. The member can add ME or you can also book online.

If you only want one reservation all the points would need to come from one member. You could make 2 reservation bu you would have to check out and back in when they change and you run a small risk of actually having o move rooms.

I have no personal experience of David's so can not help you there.

Dvcstore do $12 rentals, we contacted them today as we want points for one night but have never rented before either, am very wary incase we get there and no booking

David is the sponsors of the rental board on this site and has a great reputation.

Just be aware of the cancellation policy (no money back) and that you are renting a timeshare room, so you won't have daily housekeeping (but you can pay as an extra once in the resort, if you want, many don't care).

I really want to rent points at AKV in November 2014 and want to get a DVC owner on my side early on as we'd love a Kilimanjaro Club room (it will be the final 2 nights of our honeymoon) and I have no idea how to do it without posting in the wrong place or getting in trouble lol!

Iv rented my points through davids and it was a smooth transaction no hassell. You can rent off the dis rent and trade board. Iv been lucky enough before buying to rent off two british renters who were great. Less than paying for a room through wdw. Akl is gorgeous u will love it.

Hi - I am an owner at the BW and rent my points whenever I can not use them. There are many options but the biggest concern for you is to make sure you feel comfortable with the transaction. I give my renters all of my home and work contact info so that they feel comfortable and also give them references to contact. Disney has no problem with the concept and when the reservation is made it will be made in your name. You also have to work out a mutually acceptable arrangement with the rentor becasue they can take a hit if you cancel at the last minute. They have to protect themselves from such a situation. Feel free to email me at rwishbone@aol.com if you have any other questions which you would like to ask. Rich

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter