A few questions: DAH, planning etc.

shaynar

Mouseketeer
I'm in the midst of planning January 2019. We'll be there for 8 nights, (9 days) 7 days not counting arrival and departure day. We have a 5 day base ticket. (Not hopping this time.) Planning on 2 off days. I want to enjoy a vacation as well as the parks. We're staying AKL Kidani.

1. Disney After Hours. I have 4 kids. They'll be 21 months, 5.5, 7.5 and 10. I'm not sure how they'll handle the late night. However in January it's only until 11. That being said, the 7 PM entry isn't as worthwhile. Also it's over 650 USD (much more in CAN dollars). Is this worth it? That being said, since we want to take it easy the other days, this might be our chance to just ride everything (or as much as we can) - get the rides out of the way - and then take our other Magic Kingdom day (days) and enjoy the park. Also looking at the crowd calendars, one of our MK days is the day after DAH. Is that too much MK? Or do we use this second day to sleep in, then go to the park and do some Sorcerers and other things around the park? FYI: The day we'd be going to DAH is a planned off day, so I could force naps or down time.

2. I'm going with the assumption that we'll do 2 MK days, 1 HS, 1 EP, 1 AK. Our HS day will be short - but my kids aren't into thrill rides so it's basically TSL and the Disney Jr show. (Plus the possible DAH.)

4. We're planning a date night. I would like to go to Disney Springs when it's not CRAZY busy, how is Thursday night? Also in the past I've used KNO - is there a better or newer service?

5. Lastly, DH is not the biggest Disney fan. That being said he's being awesome and doing it for the kids. So if you think that any of the planning above will suck for an anti-Disney guy please let me know!

I'm in the midst of planning January 2019. We'll be there for 8 nights, (9 days) 7 days not counting arrival and departure day. We have a 5 day base ticket. (Not hopping this time.) Planning on 2 off days. I want to enjoy a vacation as well as the parks. We're staying AKL Kidani.

1. Disney After Hours. I have 4 kids. They'll be 21 months, 5.5, 7.5 and 10. I'm not sure how they'll handle the late night. However in January it's only until 11. That being said, the 7 PM entry isn't as worthwhile. Also it's over 650 USD (much more in CAN dollars). Is this worth it? That being said, since we want to take it easy the other days, this might be our chance to just ride everything (or as much as we can) - get the rides out of the way - and then take our other Magic Kingdom day (days) and enjoy the park. Also looking at the crowd calendars, one of our MK days is the day after DAH. Is that too much MK? Or do we use this second day to sleep in, then go to the park and do some Sorcerers and other things around the park? FYI: The day we'd be going to DAH is a planned off day, so I could force naps or down time.

2. I'm going with the assumption that we'll do 2 MK days, 1 HS, 1 EP, 1 AK. Our HS day will be short - but my kids aren't into thrill rides so it's basically TSL and the Disney Jr show. (Plus the possible DAH.)

4. We're planning a date night. I would like to go to Disney Springs when it's not CRAZY busy, how is Thursday night? Also in the past I've used KNO - is there a better or newer service?

5. Lastly, DH is not the biggest Disney fan. That being said he's being awesome and doing it for the kids. So if you think that any of the planning above will suck for an anti-Disney guy please let me know!

As far as Disney Springs is concerned not sure if it's included in Touring Park's crowd counts but it seems that how crowded the parks are will allow you to make an educated "guestimate".
DS gets a nice bit of business from locals so if I had nothing to go on but intuition I'd say Wednesday (but still fun), will be less crowded than Thursday, and Thursday,of course less crowded than the weekend. At least that's how it would work in most urban areas I've visited.

I see from your signature you've visited WDW in the past so you know how much your family already likes various parks. The only thing I'd remind you of is the opening of Toy Land at HS; it might interest all your children.
As far as the Sorcerers' reference I guess you are referring to Universal and I've never been.

Thanks for getting back to me!

My main concern was the DAH with young kids. And finding out if I should be using Kids Night Out, or if there is a newer or better service out there.

Since DH doesn't like Disney, I can't voice trip questions to him, so I need to get affirmation from other sources.

Thanks for getting back to me!

My main concern was the DAH with young kids. And finding out if I should be using Kids Night Out, or if there is a newer or better service out there.

Since DH doesn't like Disney, I can't voice trip questions to him, so I need to get affirmation from other sources.

We really only do DAH on holiday nights and it requires a nice nap beforehand so I'm really not the right person to ask.
We used the child service facility at Poly during our end of December vacation last year and the kids enjoyed it but it no longer exists and we haven't tried Kids Night Out so no input on that option either:(. They are an independent care giver working with hotels across the country so if not enough here have used them perhaps you can get feedback via yelp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!