a few questions on transfering GC balance

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
IM in the process of transferring quite a few GC onto one or two and now I have a few questions

I already have one card that has $1000 and from what Ive been reading this is the limit for one card is this correct

and if it is how do I start another card--with the same email address and password

do I just pick out another one of my cards and use that as my primary card

also I read on here that someone had their account hacked and there were replies that said to delete the cards do I delete the one that has the $1000 on it

Im always afraid to delete things that Im going to delete something I shouldn't have

I actually have 2 accounts to transfer balances to--one is mine that I get GC for gifts--such as birthday

the other is GC that we get at target so its for things like food or to use for the cruise and it asks for a nickname I cant remember what I used for my GCS is there anyway to do a new one

sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help you can give me

1 account can have as many cards as u can. I make 1 my main card (your 1k card) yes u can delete it. this only deletes it from the account not the value on it. I tested this due to the same worry. Yes 1k is max. imo I would do 500 per card just for peace of mind. The nick name is only for the giftcard website.

thanks so much for the very helpful reply--it still says though that I need a nickname to transfer balances
I didnt write down the nickname for my cards just the other one--
but thanks again that helps me so much

thanks so much for the very helpful reply--it still says though that I need a nickname to transfer balances
I didnt write down the nickname for my cards just the other one--
but thanks again that helps me so much
Just remove the cards from your account and re make them with new nicknames

If you have a physical plastic card, just write its nickname on the card with a sharpie (WDW 2020, Cruise 2020). Always have at least one blank card for every $1k (or you max.) you have, just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter