A First Birthday and a First Visit: Sharing the World with my Son. -Update: 7/1

Merbean09

Mouseketeer
Hello! This is my first trip report and it’s really overdue, but I’m still going to do it.
I should start off with introductions.

My name is Jordan. I’m a stay at home mom who loves everything Disney. I’m lucky enough to have been born and raised two hours from the World and I’m even luckier to be able to share that with my fiancé and son. At times this post will get confusing and I should explain now that my fiancé’s name is also Jordan (spelled the same way too), but I won’t be talking in third person so if the name is mentioned from here on out, I’m talking about him. ;)

Fun Facts about me:
I have always been terrified of The Haunted Mansion until this last trip (yay me!).
I tend to have ride anxiety (big time).
My favorite movie/princess is: The Little Mermaid/Ariel and my favorite of the Fab Five is Mickey.
Whenever a Disney Special is on television I watch it and record it so I can enjoy it over and over again.
My favorite Disney ride is Mickey’s PhilarMagic.

My fiancé, Jordan, is a new-Disney lover. He is really a thrill seeker and I am not at all, but he compromises because he loves me. He is fully supportive of my Disney addiction and is a great father.

Fun Facts about Jordan:
He loves anything fast and crazy.
His grandfather was an Olympic Gymnast Coach for China.
He is originally from England but moved to ‘the States’ eight years ago.
His favorite Disney movie is Hercules and Toy Story and his favorite ride at theme parks is RnR.

And last, but never least, is our one and only son. His name is London, he turned one year during the trip, and I couldn’t love anything more than I love him. There aren’t many facts about him, so I will sum it up. He is obsessed with Mickey (more so now that he is older than when we went unfortunately), whenever he seems him on a picture, on the television, wherever he screams and points. He also loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Oh, and being like mommy, the only thing he would watch for the first nine months of his life was Under the Sea on repeat on Youtube. So we count The Little Mermaid as one of his favorites.
He is fully in line to carry on the Disney legacy when he is ready ;) RIGHT, I almost forgot my username is because of London. Our nickname for him is bean, and we took him swimming one day a while ago and arose a new nickname, Merbean.

Here is a picture taken about a week ago, he is now 16 months old. He was smiling because he realized Mickey was on his PJs.

Now, onto the trip! Of course you’re all saying “duh, that’s why we’re here in the first place!”
We left our home in sunny southwest Florida at one p.m. on February 24th, the trip was to last five days. London’s birthday was on the 27th.
Oh and just a warning, nothing goes as planned during this vacation.
I had reservations booked at Coronado Springs and had ordered our Florida 4-day Pass (we figured we’d need a day of break in the middle and we weren’t planning to use the fourth day, but save it for later).
I had thrown London a mini-family birthday party earlier in the week, before we left, so no one was left out. He smashed his face in a cake and all was well in that area. The only thing we had to do the morning we left was bring the dogs (Minnie- Chihuahua, Danger- Maltese, and Bond- Maltese/Chihuahua named after 007) to the in-laws because no matter how small, our dogs would not do well in the World. Little did I know, throwing a party the evening before would wear me out. Jordan came back from taking the dogs to their vacation and I still hadn’t packed a single thing. And we were to leave in under an hour.

Would we make it?!
Stay tuned….

Just wanted to say thank you if you read this. And I’ll try to do my best. We have a Disney World trip planned for London’s birthday every year so maybe when I finish this it will be on to planning the next one. Thanks again!

Omg, your son is absolutely adorable! How great that you live so close that you can plan birthdays in WDW!

I'm in!

I can't wait to hear more. I am taking twin boys, 1 week before their 1st birthday in September. So I am excited to see how your son handles the parks.

Chapter One: Onward to Disney!​

Continuing from where I left off….I was in the midst of throwing things into suitcases as Jordan and London got back from Grandma’s. I had to make it look like I had actually been doing something instead of surfing the Disboards, so I threw as much in as possible. Jordan got home and looked at my open suitcases with clothes spilling out. I admitted defeat and told him I had not done a single thing.
:guilty:

Being the gentleman he is, he offered to help. So we had a baby running around while us two adults scrambled to make sure we had everything. Thank goodness I am usually a commando planner and already had a few lists made of what we needed. We ended up with two suitcases, a duffel bag, and a back pack for our luggage. We hauled it in the car, buckled London into his car seat, and hoped for a good car ride.

[Three days before Disney, I was on my way to a play date when one of our tires blew out. We had to spend a hefty chunk of change to get it fixed and it was a scary experience. I now had a new fear for the road and we had a smaller wallet- BUT we vowed to make it work.]

I apologize for the lack of pictures the first two days of Disney; I promise there are a lot later!! :sad2:

The car ride lasted two hours and fifteen minutes (good timing) and London didn’t have one complaint the whole way. He is a very easy-going baby as you’ll see throughout this report.

After some road sign confusion, we made our way to the Disney gates!

And then on to our hotel! The wonderful Coronado Springs Resort!

London was happy to get out of the car and so was I! We walked up to the main area and were greeted by smiles.
:wave2:

DISNEY AT LAST!

:cheer2:

I have been waiting for this trip since I first found out I was pregnant.

We walked right up to the check-in desk and gave our name. Everything was in order, thankfully, and the women working were gushing over London.
What can I say? He’s already a lady-killer ;) :rotfl2:

They gave him a toy story balloon (I FOUND A PICTURE!) and he was ecstatic.

We made our way to our room. I really don’t remember the number or building, but it was the second bus stop on the way back from the parks if that helps!

The room was gorgeous; everything about it was just perfection. The beds were easily the comfiest thing I’ve laid down on. We put London down to explore, and wouldn’t you know it, he immediately wanted the drawers open! After we explained that is a no-no, he took his balloon and walked around. It was ADORABLE! It made the trip that much better, Jordan and I were both nervous taking a child so young but seeing his joy already, we knew it was worth it. He talked to the balloon like it was his friend, and it melted my heart.
After unpacking and watching Stacy for a bit, we popped out our stroller and walked to Café Rix for a mid-day lunch. I enjoyed the chicken Caesar wrap and Jordan had some pizza. We also bought our refillable mug! Such a great purchase!

We walked around the pool for a bit but headed back to the room to call it a night.

Bright and early in the morning we had….

The Magic Kingdom!

And if you only knew how mad I was that I couldn’t get pictures! I brought my camera but turns out my memory card was in the computer. So I couldn’t take but 4 pictures! It was very sad, and yes, at the end of the day, I did cry. Please stick with me though; there will be much cuteness to come!!!

ALSO: Follow me on Twitter @JordanStephanie Such a simple username :rotfl:

Wow your really close to WDW, that would be dangerous for me.:cool1: Can't wait to hear more! When we travel by car we have no schedule, we hope to get on the road by a certain time but it never happens. That happened to me one time, I grab the camera but left the memory stick at home. Bought a new one once I realized it.

Wow your really close to WDW, that would be dangerous for me.:cool1: Can't wait to hear more! When we travel by car we have no schedule, we hope to get on the road by a certain time but it never happens. That happened to me one time, I grab the camera but left the memory stick at home. Bought a new one once I realized it.

Thank you! I know, I'm hoping to get Annual Passes for Christmas this year, and then we'll really be in trouble! I was so thankful we brought the computer with us!

Also I found two pictures in Jordan's phone of the first day, hooray!!! :hyper: :banana: :cool1:

Thank you! I know, I'm hoping to get Annual Passes for Christmas this year, and then we'll really be in trouble! I was so thankful we brought the computer with us!

Ooo, Ooo, I want annual passes too! That would be an awesome Christmas gift. :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!