A Fistful of Firsts April 23-May 3 PTR

tammz

Earning My Ears

This is my first PTR! Im a little excited and a little nervous at the same time :) I've decieded to do a PTR because I know there are many wonderful people on these boards willing to lend some advise and direction

Let me start by introducing myself I am Tammy but most call me Tammz I am 35 :eek: and a single mom of a wonderful 5 yr old son :love: This is our first time to WDW, our first official vacation, our first time out of the country, our first time on an air plane and my sons first time away from his Nana for more than a day or 2 .... a Fistful of firsts

I had always dreamed of going to Disney as far back as I could remember but never thought I could ever make it a reality. As a single working mom things are tight money wise but with one life decision it changed my life and my financial situation forever :)

I was a smoker and one day I just started thinking about how much I spend on ciggaretts and how awful it is for my health and how I am pretty much the only one my son has and I want to be here for a long time to come. The realization hit that I had been a smoker for 20 years :scared1: Now please dont get me wrong I enjoyed it and I chose to do it and I am NOT ever going to preach to another smoker everyone has a choice and this was mine! So Sunday morning with 3 smokes in a pack I left it all behind! That was November 6 2010 I will NEVER look back! :woohoo:

Around April of 2011 a classmate of my son's had just returned from a Disney vacation as I talked to the family I realized I really wanted to take my son and I wanted to go myself they suggested I get a DVD sent to me and the rest is history :)

I had been banking my smoking money since just after Christmas and It was adding up I watched the DVD and checked prices online and the next thing I knew I was engulfed in this Disney lovers community! I found the DISboards and countless other sites and my Facebook page is now 90% Disney information!

I have never been an organized planner so I have some base plans set in place I knew where we would stay how we would get there and how much time we could spend and I have taken it from there

My next post will be the where and the when I hope some people will follow along and give me some advice .....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter