A Girl's Gotta Eat, A Mar '17 Dining Review *7/6 Flower & Garden Booths Pt. 4*

wow great photos! can't wait to hear about Sanaa!

Thank You! I use a Nikon D3400. It makes it super easy to take good pictures. Not to give away any spoilers, but Sanaa was (and always is) one of my favorite meals!

I am enjoying your reviews! We just started doing the drinks along the monorail 2 trips ago. It is fun! Next time be sure to try the lounge in The Wave, it was really great! Thanks for sharing! :)

I am enjoying your reviews! We just started doing the drinks along the monorail 2 trips ago. It is fun! Next time be sure to try the lounge in The Wave, it was really great! Thanks for sharing! :)

Thanks for the tip! The Wave is one of my favorite restaurants on property.

Day 2: Snacks - Sprinkles

I took a mid-day break to head to Disney Springs (forever Downtown Disney in my heart).

Let me preface by saying - I am a cupcake fiend. It stems from living in New York City at the height of the cupcake craze. There isn't much I won't do for a cupcake. There have been some shameful life moments where cupcakes were involved. I could not resist the urge to hit up my favorite cupcake locale - Sprinkles.

I was so excited about all of the options in here, I forgot to ask if cupcakes were considered snack credits. There was no Disney Snack Credit signage. Can anyone weigh in on this topic?

Snack credit or no snack credit, I was going to take advantage of the proximity to the most luscious cupcakes out there, and I was drawn to a new item on the menu. Honestly, I REALLY wanted to have cupcake ice cream sundae...because vacation calories don't count, but I knew I needed to save room for 'Ohana that evening. So, I present you with my 'light' afternoon snack.

C4A56470-AA44-4355-841D-D08833009205_zpsosy71ztk.jpg

603C0882-C23B-413A-B3AF-F2322DA87B42_zps4iwzuftz.jpg

I went with the cookie cupcake, which is a blonde cupcake with chocolate chips, topped with brown sugar icing and rolled in cookie crumbs. I love blondies, and this was a perfect mix of a blondie bar and a cupcake. I loved this, but it was very sweet, even by Sprinkles standards.

In the background there was actually my favorite - the Salted Oatmeal Cornflake Cookie. This was the PERFECT combination of salty/sweet and the cornflakes and oats added a great texture to this. I wish I would have ordered a dozen of these to go!

That cookie sound deliscious! I walked right by Sprinkles last time I was there...looks like I may have to at least LOOK at the dessert case next time ;)

Day 2: Dinner - 'Ohana

I had a late ADR at 'Ohana - 9:35 PM. The trials of booking a trip on very last minute notice. This ended up working out perfectly because I was able to watch Wishes on the Poly Beach with my Lapu Lapu before I checked in for my reservation. I did have a wait of about 20 minutes past my ADR time, probably partly because 'Ohana typically runs behind and other partly because there were some who lingered late to be able to watch the fireworks.

At any case, I was shown my table and I was prepared to feast. On my previous trip three years ago, we had an absolutely incredible meal here aided by Lori and Cliff. I was both extremely sad (for selfish reasons) but very happy to learn they have both since retired. Congrats to them both, but they were sorely missed by me.

In my former life as a pescetarian (a vegetarian that eats fish), I really didn't think 'Ohana would have much to offer me, but I was thrilled at the time to find that they had more than enough to offer a non-meat eater! I enjoyed the meal so much that I asked my waiter if it was possible to have the pescetarian meal again. It was late at night, so I wasn't sure they would be able to accommodate, but I was thrilled when Chef Boone stopped out and told me they could make the magic happen.

And I apologize, I only took pictures on my phone. I felt like I was literally sat on top of the party on both sides of me, so I didn't want to whip out my DSLR.

My first course was the salad - the same as what everyone else gets. Personally, I miss the old salad from years ago. I like the addition of the crispy wontons, but could do without the edamame and red peppers. Also, I really like red onions, but they went a little nuts with them on my salad. The dressing though...man. I could drink a glass of it (calories don't count on vacation, remember). Its the perfect dipping sauce for the bread.

78CF9B8E-7691-43D8-A40E-D3CDB46E44F0_zpsunddluih.jpg

This was a really large portion for one person...but I ate it all. LOVE 'Ohana salad!

Next up was a trio of dips: Red Pepper Hummus, Regular Hummus and Red Pepper Pesto, served with wonton chips and flatbread crisps.

23C4C2F5-375F-48D9-9DA8-C9AA7C1F06E9_zpsp7rslgnf.jpg

I LOVE this. All of these. So much I ate. it. all.

Next up was the fun(ner) stuff. I got the noodles and the stir fried vegetables. Delicious!

8AD218AE-2A5F-4D80-8704-734BA925465D_zps78ohc30i.jpg

My next course (we're up to 4 now if you're keeping score) was a pleasant surprise and not something we got last time...

C2ED6E6B-7559-4514-B1B2-9B28632737D6_zpsnbbvzvwo.jpg

This salmon doesn't look all that exciting, but it was DELICIOUS and perfectly cooked, not over done at all. I loved this!

A little too soon after the salmon arrived, so did this...basically the same stir fry veggies, with the addition of a whole lot of tofu! I loved this and thought it was even better with the ginger sauce.

7964470A-CEA6-4CE5-84FD-8FFF7D5AFD50_zps1ud1hjrc.jpg

I also got some of the fabulous shrimp!

05D136A7-B5A1-4FBF-9FA9-0A1CC51FAB0D_zpss8icn8t3.jpg

Just to demonstrate the scope of food I was dealing with here...

5821EB1A-0D15-4FD9-BAE9-30E09E3492A0_zpscalb2znd.jpg

I was stuffed beyond reason at this point. Absolutely stuffed.

But there was NO way I was foregoing dessert. No WAY.

CCEB622A-BA95-46AA-B2C6-CB9719293E6F_zpsfwx7f00f.jpg

FEBCA324-E878-4EA2-9541-F5EDF06D5154_zpslkfw7wxq.jpg

I was so stuffed at this point, despite the fact I had been dreaming about this dessert for years...I could only manage a few bites.

I begged my server for a to go container. And he thankfully took mercy upon me. I feel horrible because I can't remember my server's name...other than it started with an A. But he was wonderful and so kind.

I full on pregnancy-waddled my butt out of 'Ohana, more than satisfied. Only to get to my car and realize not only had I forgotten my cell phone on the table, I had forgotten my precious goods! My amazing, luscious, buttery, caramelly, bread pudding!

I RAN back upstairs, knowing it was closing time and I was probably too late. Not to mention, I wasn't supposed to be smuggling out delicious bread pudding goods in the first place. THANK GOD my server not only found my cell phone, but he saved the bread pudding. Breakfast for the next morning was saved!

All in all, I know people either love or hate 'Ohana, but I happen to LOVE IT. Next time my boyfriend will be joining me, so this will definitely be a meat lovers affair, but I still might ask for the hummus and chips and some tofu in our stir-fried veg. The bread pudding is my favorite dessert on property!

Last edited:

That cookie sound delicious! I walked right by Sprinkles last time I was there...looks like I may have to at least LOOK at the dessert case next time ;)

DO IT! There are so many options, even I was overwhelmed. You can even check out the cupcake ATM if the line inside is too long!

OMG!! I totally wanted to go to Ohana with my family but they are pescatarian's with gluten intolerances, so I totally didn't think they could be accomodated. This is so good to see! Thanks for sharing :)

Yes! They will be accommodated. When we went, we never had any issues being accommodated except for Tony's and it was because we just didn't care for the option they were offering.

The night I was at 'Ohana, the woman at the table next to mine had a gluten allergy and I was surprised to find she could have pretty much anything except the noodles, bread and dessert and I assume the pot stickers but I don't remember them being mentioned.

They brought out a special dessert for her as well which looked like some chocolate cookies, ice cream and fruit.

I'm never surprised to hear how accommodating they are at 'Ohana. A couple of years ago, my husband was having some health issues that sometimes messed with how much he could enjoy eating. The spices on all the meat at 'Ohana were a bit much for him, and when the waiter saw how little he was eating, they offered to make him a simple chicken breast. His pride made him say no, even after another managerial looking person came out and offered. Even though we didn't take them up on it, I will never forget how nice they were at trying to help.

I still don't love the dessert. (I know...I have issues.)

I'm never surprised to hear how accommodating they are at 'Ohana. A couple of years ago, my husband was having some health issues that sometimes messed with how much he could enjoy eating. The spices on all the meat at 'Ohana were a bit much for him, and when the waiter saw how little he was eating, they offered to make him a simple chicken breast. His pride made him say no, even after another managerial looking person came out and offered. Even though we didn't take them up on it, I will never forget how nice they were at trying to help.

I still don't love the dessert. (I know...I have issues.)

Absolutely! And our servers last time...they were awesome and even though they've both moved on, I was more than impressed with my server and Chef Boone - who even though I didn't have an actual allergy still stopped out to ask what I wanted.

No judgment on the dessert - I love the flavor of Dole Whips but HATE how the cup always gets so sticky, so I never order them. People think I'm seriously disturbed.

How awesome that they were so accommodating at 'Ohana but holy smokes, how could they have looked at you and thought you could eat all of that?! Seriously, in that shot of the entire table that mountain of stir fry veggies and noodles is laughably huge, LOL! It really all does look delicious though. The regular menu there doesn't really appeal to me, but I could definitely do some damage to those dips/flatbread, the stir fry, and the salmon!

How awesome that they were so accommodating at 'Ohana but holy smokes, how could they have looked at you and thought you could eat all of that?! Seriously, in that shot of the entire table that mountain of stir fry veggies and noodles is laughably huge, LOL! It really all does look delicious though. The regular menu there doesn't really appeal to me, but I could definitely do some damage to those dips/flatbread, the stir fry, and the salmon!

Right? I was so happy when I was able to take my bread pudding to go. But seriously, uncomfortably full. I was realllllly glad I had stretchy pants/jeggings on.

Awesome to hear that Ohana can accommodate pescatarians! DD & I don't eat animals that breathe air and Ohana around Fireworks time is always something I've wanted to try.

Awesome to hear that Ohana can accommodate pescatarians! DD & I don't eat animals that breathe air and Ohana around Fireworks time is always something I've wanted to try.

That is the best way of describing pesectarian/pescatarian I have ever heard! When people would ask what a pescetarian was, we would always say "We don't eat land animals" and the following conversation always ensued:

"What's a land animal?"
"One that lives on land."
"Soooooo.....like a cow?"
"Correct."
"So you'll eat pork or chicken?"
"Noooooo. On the account that those live on land."
"So, what do you eat then?"
"Fish. Or vegetables."
"So you don't eat shrimp?"

And it usually continued on until one of us gave up.

We have found all Disney restaurants to be more than accommodating to us. We were always able to find things. I always felt so spoiled at Disney because I never had to resort to eating a salad because it was the only 'safe' thing on the menu. When I would dine out at home, can't even tell you how many times I had to comprise a meal out of various side dishes or eat a Caesar salad.

That's so strange about your BOG sandwich! I ordered the same thing in November and it came with the greens and horseradish sauce on it. I wonder if this is a new change or a fluke?

I did order it without the greens! Maybe they thought because I didn't want arugula I automatically didn't want horseradish. Them accidentally leaving it off makes WAY more sense than this being the norm.

I'm surprised no love for the beef sandwich. I loved mine (although I had it over a year ago). And my brother, who loathes sandwiches, loved it as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!