• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A "Good" Air Transat Story

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi All ~ just thought I would share a "good news" AT story. A guy that works with dh was scheduled to leave Pearson last Friday for Florida ~ the day that no flights took off because the airport ran out of de-icing fluid. He had to get there Friday because his cruise left Saturday. Well! AT called him up Thursday and asked if he would like to leave Thursday night instead of Friday ~ so he did! He didn't miss his cruise! WHEW! Just thought a "good news" story would help balance the "bad news" AT stories. S

That's great to hear. Customer service or what?!?!?

LOL .........Sandra my DB and DSIL were at the opposite end of that AT flight in Orlando airport waiting for that very same flight to come from Toronto to pick them up and return them home.:( Instead of leaving at 10am they ended up staying all day at MCO and finally flying out at 8pm that night!lol And all AT gave them was a $12.00 food voucher each for a meal at the airport.:eek:

At least they got something.

AT took a days vacation from me and DD!:eek:

So now I've lost out on a days rental, a days stay at the resort, a day in FLA and I still have to pay the same price!:mad:

Customer service is not one of AT's good points!

Scratch
:confused:

Scratch42-I really think that they should do something for you.

I've talked, e-mailed, snail mailed and all I got was...

"We have the right to change the flights up to 24 hours prior to"! "We are a charter company"! Blah, Blah, Blah!

Well I also found out that someone else who is booked on the same flight, who also booked a package, is getting squat!

I'm just thankful I did not go ahead a book a cruise! Would have lost out on that too! But heeded the warnings from the Cruise Boards, Don't fly in the same day you cruise!

Live and Learn!

At least we still get to go!

Hoppy Easter!

Scratch
:smooth:

Hoppy Easter to you and yours!! I'll let you know how it goes with Air Canada this time. So far my return flight was only changed by 5 mins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter