a good beach to stop at on our drive north

DLfan4

Cant wait for another trip to DLR
We will be traveling from Anahiem north on the I5 to the Manteca/Lathrop area. along the way we want to take our kids to see one of the great beaches in so cal. we are travelling on the I5 and dont want to venture off the I5 too far, what would be a good beach to visit? the Santa Monica Pier maybe?

We just want to spent about an hour at the beach, take some pics. put our feet in the ocean.

You are going to have to venture off the 5 in order to go to one of the So Cal beaches. The 5 heads towards Central California. If you want to hit the beaches, then I recommend leaving a little early, and taking the 91 west to 605 then 105 to get to the beaches in El Segundo. There is a nice beach called Dockweiler by the LAX Airport. You do need to pay for parking, and there are no shops or restaurants, or take the route to Santa Monica Pier/Beach (end of Route 66). You can then take the 10 east to 405 to catch back up with the 5 fwy. It will be more than an hour time investment, but I think worth it for the experience since you are so close.

upload_2018-8-18_7-44-25.png upload_2018-8-18_7-48-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-18_7-41-15.png
    upload_2018-8-18_7-41-15.png
    880.7 KB · Views: 1
You are going to have to venture off the 5 in order to go to one of the So Cal beaches. The 5 heads towards Central California. If you want to hit the beaches, then I recommend leaving a little early, and taking the 91 west to 605 then 105 to get to the beaches in El Segundo. There is a nice beach called Dockweiler by the LAX Airport. You do need to pay for parking, and there are no shops or restaurants, or take the route to Santa Monica Pier/Beach (end of Route 66). You can then take the 10 east to 405 to catch back up with the 5 fwy. It will be more than an hour time investment, but I think worth it for the experience since you are so close.

Thank you Mary Jo.

Thank you Mary Jo.

Looking at what I posted.... You can take the 10 west from the 5 to go straight to the Santa Monica Pier and beach. If you have any other questions, there are a quite a few of us here happy to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!