A Grand Adventure with my Grandma (Apr 18) - Introductions (4/29)

sanscomment

Earning My Ears
A GRAND ADVENTURE
April 21-26, 2018

Hello all! We just got back from this amazing Disney trip and I can't wait to share it with you! Unlike most of my trips (specifically solo trips), this was supposed to be at a much slower pace as I was going with my dad and 87-year old grandmother. As an Annual Passholder, I thought it would be easy for me to loosen the reigns a bit and slow down (boy was I wrong).

I've never done a trip report before, so bare with me. Haha.

WHERE: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa - Club Level
We've stayed at the Grand Floridian before, but never Club Level. With my AP discount, it was actually cheaper to stay Club Level than in a regular room, so we figured... why not?!

There were so many amazing things that happened on this trip! The dining was spectacular, the character meets were great. But the best part was being able to spend time with my dad and grandma on a trip that we weren't quite sure what was going to happen.

So here's the cast:

KIM - Keeper of the Camera

So I'm Kim (and yes, that is the legendary Joe Rohde) and I planned an executed most of the trip and I'm the one writing the trip report. I love Disney with all my heart and wish that there was a way that I could live closer so I could spend more time there. My favorite character is Donald and my favorite Disney restaurant (not including Victoria & Alberts) is Jiko. I'm a character collector and have hit over 100 unique characters since 2010 (number 100 was Fiddler Pig in February 2018). I also love to take photos. I take my Canon Rebel T6i with me into the park every day (and dang is it heavy) and also use my Samsung Galaxy S9+. My favorite park is Animal Kingdom.

NANA/MILDRED - Keeper of the Key

This is my grandma, Mildred. She's been going to Disney since 1979 (and the big key pin on her hat proves it). She's the reason why I love Disney so much and I was so excited to be able to share another trip with her. There's just something so magical about being able to share it this trip with her. She's 87 and still going strong!

DAD/RODNEY - He Who Does Not Like Photos
My dad doesn't really like getting in on the pictures unfortunately. We had to force him into the few we got of him on the trip.

Anyways, in the next post, I'm going to outline the trip and then we'll get started.

Thank you for reading!

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Saturday, April 21:
--Arrival into MCO and Check in at Hotel
--Dinner at Raglan Road

Sunday, April 22: Happy 20th Anniversary to Animal Kingdom!

--Arrival at Animal Kingdom for the 20th Anniversary Celebration
--20th Anniversary Party for the Planet Ceremony in Harambe Theatre
--Meeting Jiminy Cricket at Rafiki's Planet Watch
--Meeting Joe Rohde (take one)
--Magic Kingdom: Festival of Fantasy Parade
--Dinner at Citricos
--Meeting some Princesses (Tiana, Rapunzel and Ariel)
--Be Our Guest
--Escaping the Rain to get back to the hotel

Monday, April 23:
--Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
--Meeting the Gang at Epcot Character Spot
--Touring the World Showcase
--Disney Visa Meet
--Dinner at Victoria & Alberts

Tuesday, April 24:

--Breakfast at Ohana
--Animal Kingdom
--Meeting Goofy
--Pandora/Flight of Passage
--Festival of the Lion King
--Kilimanjaro Safaris
--Meeting Mickey & Minnie
--Dinner at Jiko
--Watching Happily Ever After from the dock

Wednesday, April 25:

--Magic Kingdom
--Main Street Trolley Show
--it's a small world
--Anastasia & Drizella / Suzy & Perla
--Royal Friendship Faire
--Festival of Fantasy
--Dinner at Narcoossees
--Back into Magic Kingdom
--Happily Ever After
--Meeting the Beast
--Kiss Goodnight

Thursday, April 26:
--Animal Kingdom
--Kilimanjaro Safaris
--Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail
--Maharajah Jungle Trek
--Meeting Timon
--Tiffins Talk with Joe Rohde
--Meeting Donald Duck
--The End

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter