A Grand Victorian Holiday: Official VGF Holiday Tree Exchange Thread

SpaceMountain77

Kidani Villager Victorian Gentleman Turtle Trekker
Hi all,

Please let me know, through this thread or private message, if you would like to donate or receive a tree.

Thanks!

Jim

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'd love to receive a tree. We are staying at VGF 12/8-12/12. We may actually get there on the 7th if my waitlist comes through!!

Hi everyone,

I now have several homeowners interested in participating in our VGF tree exchange. Tonight, I will compile the submitted requests and update our thread tomorrow.

Thank you again for your interest,

Jim 8O

I will donate a tree.

(I will buy one, since I do not have one, so if anyone sees any on line links, sent me them through private message. I'm in a studio, so 3-4 feet high I guess should be good???)

I am there 12/1, and checking out 12/14 so after that it is free.

I am also probably bringing some kind of window lights, but one would need to pick up their own 3M command hook type things for that.

We are checking in 12/5, checking out 12/7 in a one bedroom. Would love to join if that suits the share! How does it work picking up/dropping off the tree?
Thanks for organizing!
Megan (DH & 3 sons)

Trees will be needed. I will be bringing/donating one. It will be available on 12/14. SpaceMountain77 will have a master list. When I leave on the 14th I will leave the boxed tree at bell services for whomever SM77 tells me gets it next. There will be some tape and a printed return shipping label in it for the last person to get it sent back to me.

Seems like we need more tree donors, preferably from early arriving guests.

Hi everyone,

Detailed below is a preliminary schedule for our first annual Villas at the Grand Floridian Holiday Tree Exchange; each tree has been aptly named after a building at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Tree #1: Sugarloaf Key
Tree to be donated by Jerseyduke
Jerseyduke - December 1st - December 14th
pouncingpluto - December 14th - December 21st

Tree #2: Conch Key
Tree to be donated by SpaceMountain77
SpaceMountain77 - December 8th - December 19th
mulberrybush - December 18th - December 21st

Tree #3: Sago Cay
*Tree donation required
Erineliza38 - December 8th - December 12th
mandjblum - December 12th - December 15th

Families to be Assigned
kristinnmh99 - November 17th arrival
MTW - December 5th - December 7th (possibly Tree #3)
tidefan - December 31st - January 5th

We are still a few months out from the start of the holiday season and I anticipate the participation of additional families as the season draws near. Although our schedule is beginning to come together, please occasionally check this thread for additional updates.

Again, please feel free to send me a message if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Jim

We are checking in 12/5, checking out 12/7 in a one bedroom. Would love to join if that suits the share! How does it work picking up/dropping off the tree?
Thanks for organizing!
Megan (DH & 3 sons)

Hi Megan,

Would you be able to bring and donate a small tree (e.g., 1-3 ft)? If so, then we could designate your tree as Sago Cay.

Thanks,
Jim

Hi everyone,

Although most retailers are advertising and selling Halloween items, there are some holiday trees available for purchase online. Below, I have provided two links to trees available for purchase from Home Depot, both of which are pre-lit and pre-decorated:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/HOME-ACC...HD/203986776?N=12kzZ1z0y5peZ12ky#.UjRoQ3Z26PU

http://www.homedepot.com/p/HOME-ACC...HD/203986778?N=12kzZ1z0y5peZ12ky#.UjRogXZ26PU

Also, here is a link to a tabletop pull-up tree available for purchase on e-bay, which is also pre-lit and pre-decorated:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Table-Top-P...ble-Top-Pull-Up-Tree-/221245684651#vi-content

Please know that I am not encouraging the purchase of a specific type of tree or advertising for a specific retailer. Rather, it is my intent to boost donations and provide examples of convenient trees (i.e., pre-lit, pre-decorated, one box, no need to purchase the tree, lights, and ornaments separately).

Our tree, Conch Key, will be similar to one of the examples above as we will be packing it in a checked bag. Needless to say, our tree will be well-suited for travel, both in size and durability.

I hope these examples are helpful and encourage other donations from VGF families interested in participating.

Thanks,
Jim

I will be buying the tree, so some suggests would be nice.

3-4 feet (I am of the 'Go Big or Go Home' school of thought)

if any see any online, send me the links (and do not be bashful thinking it is too expensive or too cheap)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!