A great appetizer for the Holidays!

yummy72

DIS Veteran
I found this recipe in Quick Cooking Magazine and made these today for a Teacher's Appreciation Day. The theme was for parents to bring appetizers/desserts that would be good for the Holidays along with copies of the recipes so the teachers could get "some new material" for their holiday cooking. These were a big hit!

SAUSAGE WONTON STARS

1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
1 pound bulk pork sausage
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
1/2 medium red pepper, chopped
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing

Lightly press wonton wrappers onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased miniature muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until edges are browned.

In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, peppers, onions and salad dressing. Spoon a rounded tablespoon into each browned wonton cup. Bake for 6-7 minutes or until heated through.

Yield: 4 dozen

I found they are easier to fill if you are careful to form "nice, even cups" with the wonton wrappers.

This sounds great!! I get this magazine and didn't even see it! DUH! :)

thank you!! :):)

Sounds great. Can't wait to try it.

Mystery Machine-

I know, we are lucky enough to be able to bring homemade food to school. In February we have International Night and volunteers bring homemade dishes from around the world. It's our family's favorite school function--we love to sample all the great stuff folks bring and it all raises money for the school. We have a Teacher's Appreciation luncheon about every other month with different themes, and they all seem to jump on the homemade food!

I'm going to have to try these for a party. Thanks for sharing them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter