• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A great big-THANK YOU!

Joan S.

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Needs to 'fess up
THANK YOU to one and all on the DL board that answered all of my SO MANY ?????"S before our tip to California! We had THE BEST time! DL and DCA were both GREAT fun! And DTD was fantastic, with all of its shops and restaurants! We stayed at the DLH and LOVED it! We had a premium view and requested Sierra Tower - parks view and got it! Truely MAGICAL, I watched the sun rise from my bed every morning!The cast members,the DTD servers and other guests were all so kind.And we absolutely LOVED California and its weather! I could so easily live there! We are WDW ADDICTS and I was getting cold feet reading some of the DL comments,but the MAGIC truly LIVES in DL and DCA! I am so glad we went and would love to visit again soon! Any ???,s feel free to ask! A special THANKS to the people on this board that live in CA and were SO helpful with their PATIENCE and answers!! Joan :earsgirl:

I'm so glad to hear you had such a wonderful time! We are headed there in two weeks and reading your post got me even MORE excited (if that's possible!) We are also staying at the DLH and love to here that others love staying there! (It will be our first time staying at DLH)

I'm so glad you had a good time.

If I gave you one day to do over again which day would it be, and what did you do? :)

DLOVINFAM, Hope you enjoy the DLH as much as we did! The drinks at the outdoor bar were YUMMY as were the Chicken-Nachos and Cheeseburgers! Be sure to see the Memerobila wall and all the "OLD" photos in the lobby area. MaryJo: Funny you should ask this,my DD(21),my Dh and myself did Fantasyland Sunday morning(while my two DS slept in).This is the same DD that we took to DL on our last trip 19 years ago,when she was just 2( and started our whole LOVE AFFAIR with Disney!) We did most of the rides in Fantasyland and ended our morning with IASW(which had been her FAVORITE at 2) and of course I had tears in my eyes going thru it! And as we were getting off the ride the outside dolls came out to dance, it was a wonderful ending to a beautiful morning that will always live in my heart! Joan

What a special memory for you. Thank you for sharing that. :)

One of mine is when we did our one family trip to WDW. My kids had seen the Electrical Parade at Disneyland, and it was at the WDW MK. My ds and I went together by ourselves and just the two of us watched the parade. I love that memory.

We are from Massachusetts and I'm so glad to hear that you had a great time as well being from New England.

Like you, I have cold feet on deciding on whether to go. We have WDW reservations for February at WDW (it will be our 13th time or so) and I want to try DL. Kids ages are 7, 9 and 11 and we are looking at staying at the DLH. However, now that we've almost made the switch from WDW to DL everyone out here in New England is telling us not to go and how dissappointed we will be. Other than on these boards, I have not heard of one person that has recommended us to go to DL. They say that once you've been to WDW, DL is such a dissappointment. It's hard to get excited for a vacation with so much negativity.

Any positive insight on DL would be appreciated.

Joan S. said:
DLOVINFAM, Hope you enjoy the DLH as much as we did! The drinks at the outdoor bar were YUMMY as were the Chicken-Nachos and Cheeseburgers! Be sure to see the Memerobila wall and all the "OLD" photos in the lobby area.

Thanks for your suggestions! Sounds great!!

Joan, I'm glad you had such a wonderful time on your trip out here. It's always great when a trip can exceed all your expectations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter