A great vacation

janette

DIS Veteran
:wave:

I'm back from a week in the Montana mountains. One of the most beautiful spots on earth.

It started badly, I got a phone call a week ago Friday from my SIL in Lubbock asking when I thought I'd get there. My shocked response was wasn't it next week! :eek:

Somehow I had my summer calendar messed up and I had planned to go Aug 2-11 instead of July 27-Aug 4. This wouldn't have been a problem if I went alone but I go on my Sister's bus which was due to leave Lubbock a mere 6 hour drive away in 2 1/2 hours. My vacation schedule at work was also set to start Aug 2nd.

After my initial shock, I admitted what had happened to the girls, provoking hysterics. I called my sister and we discussed options, fly to Lubbock Denver, both costly. I realized that I had to go, my girls love the trip and I also see my parents while there. An hour later I'd sent a hurried note to my boss, who was out that week that I'd work out some way to work. Packed my laptop, threw clothes in a suitcase and jumped in the car. The plan was for me to go a little different route and catch up with the bus. 475 miles and 7 hours later I did it :) We parked my car in a gas station parking lot, threw my stuff in the bus and off we went!

The vacation was much the same as others we've spent there. A little hiking to see some of the beautiful falls, Swimming and Rafting in the Yellowstone river and mostly just spending time in a beautiful spot in the mountains with friends and family. I love wearing a sweatshirt in the cold mornings, a great escape from the Texas summers.

I was able to work from there with a lightning fast 20,000 connection, now I have to admit to work that I can use a laptop on my Montana vacation but it's worth not having to miss it.

Glad you didn't haven't to miss your vacation :) Too bad you had to work, but it sounds like it was worth it.

Cool! Sounds like a great trip. :)

A place I've always wanted to visit....:D

Glad to hear of the good trip report.

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful vacation!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter