A (2019) HalloXmas trip to Asia - Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo! - COMPLETED 5/1!!!

I’m here and excited to follow along! I’ve been thinking about heading over to Asia to complete my Disney parks journey as well, since I’ve been to the other 3. Can’t wait to see how things went for you as a trip like this makes me a little nervous

I just discovered your trip reports recently and have been reading them all. I have been looking forward to this report. I hope to do all the Asia parks. I never thought of doing all three in one trip until I saw it in your PTR.

Sounds like a good way to travel if you're in for a long flight! And pretty cool that you had a chance to shower and refresh during your layover!

I have been on Asiana Biz Class twice so far and it's really nice! The flight attendants are so sweet. I've also been to the Asiana Lounge in Incheon twice so far and have also showered there twice. I actually like showering in airports, it makes me feel so refreshed before/after a flight. I also watched Avengers Engame when on the flight to Singapore. 18 hours to kill so I could at least knock off a chunk of it with one movie! I really like your Lunar New Year shirt! It's so cool!

I'm so excited to read to your report. It is a big dream of mine to visit all the parks also. I can't wait to hear how you navigated the trip. :earseek:

The lounge before your trip looked amazing!! Definitely the way to travel :)

I am NOT a great flyer. I am totally anxious the entire time, so not sure I will ever be able to make the long flight to the Asia parks. But, I certainly like the looks of your comfy seat!

So excited to follow along on this incredible adventure!

Business class looks awesome for a long flight. Travel days went smooth so far.
I love the option to shower and freshen up in the lounge.
Yes it was definitely nice! I don't think I could ever afford to pay cash for business class; maybe premium economy in the future?
Business class looks like the way to travel! How crazy that you lost a day on the flights!
Yup! And I was a time traveller on the way back, leaving at 5pm and arriving at 9am the same day!
I’m here and excited to follow along! I’ve been thinking about heading over to Asia to complete my Disney parks journey as well, since I’ve been to the other 3. Can’t wait to see how things went for you as a trip like this makes me a little nervous
It definitely is a crazy trip to attempt! Very exhausting and I wish I had added more actual rest days! Hopefully you can learn from my mistakes!
I just discovered your trip reports recently and have been reading them all. I have been looking forward to this report. I hope to do all the Asia parks. I never thought of doing all three in one trip until I saw it in your PTR.
Thanks - I hope you enjoy the TRs! I have fun reliving the adventures!

Sounds like a good way to travel if you're in for a long flight! And pretty cool that you had a chance to shower and refresh during your layover!
Definitely a good way to feel refreshed!
I have been on Asiana Biz Class twice so far and it's really nice! The flight attendants are so sweet. I've also been to the Asiana Lounge in Incheon twice so far and have also showered there twice. I actually like showering in airports, it makes me feel so refreshed before/after a flight. I also watched Avengers Engame when on the flight to Singapore. 18 hours to kill so I could at least knock off a chunk of it with one movie! I really like your Lunar New Year shirt! It's so cool!
I do think Asiana was my favorite airline I travelled on! I actually liked it more than ANA!
I'm so excited to read to your report. It is a big dream of mine to visit all the parks also. I can't wait to hear how you navigated the trip. :earseek:
I hope it doesn't scare you off from visiting - I def made some mistakes, but also had some awesome experiences!
The lounge before your trip looked amazing!! Definitely the way to travel :)

I am NOT a great flyer. I am totally anxious the entire time, so not sure I will ever be able to make the long flight to the Asia parks. But, I certainly like the looks of your comfy seat!

So excited to follow along on this incredible adventure!
That's too bad! We gotta get you over the anxiety so you can at least visit Paris!

which meant I could book the entire trip for the same number of miles as if I was just going roundtrip LAX-Tokyo.
That's such an amazing deal!

I worked hard to complete most of my work the day before, so I was able to “work” from home on Friday, which really translated to keeping track of and responding to emails on my phone. I definitely appreciated a stress-free morning/afternoon!
Wow good plan, I should try that for our net trip.

maybe Lesley would prefer American!
Hahahaha, and it was so American!

you can still use pre-check for international flights leaving LAX)!
Oh that's nice!

so I stuck to the noodle bar (basically they had vats of fresh noodles, toppings, and broths, so you could make your own.
Yummmm

And, if you read my May trip report and remembered my dessert party antics, I had to load up on the cheese and crackers!
And you didn't have to run through the rain with them this time!

Oh, this was the way to fly transoceanic! I could stretch out so much and really relax, rather than being cooped up in the small economy seats!
That looks sooo nice. We almost had enough points to do business class for our flight into HKG but long story short we don't so we'll be stuck with the plebs back in economy haha

When I looked at the flight map I also noticed something – we completely avoided flying over North Korea! I guess for safety reasons, since Asiana is a Korean airline, just was curious!
Whoa weird to think about but it makes sense!

After a snack, I got to use the shower facilities! It was so nice and refreshing getting cleaned up and changed after the long flight!
Wow how nice to shower and get clean again??

Seems like a pretty stress-free travel day. So excited to see what's next!

Wow good plan, I should try that for our net trip.
Yup! It helps with having a boss who is pretty flexible!
Hahahaha, and it was so American!
Better believe it!
And you didn't have to run through the rain with them this time!
Haha, nope!
That looks sooo nice. We almost had enough points to do business class for our flight into HKG but long story short we don't so we'll be stuck with the plebs back in economy haha
Aww, too bad! At least you'll have each other to lean against! And maybe if you fly right into HK, the flight won't be too crowded and you can spread out?
Whoa weird to think about but it makes sense!
Yup!

Yay you started the report! Both Jared and I have begun reading along and are enjoying it immensely so far. Looking forward to reading all about your highlights and the things you didn’t enjoy so much! Your transit sounded very relaxing! And those mascots at Seoul airport were adorable! I want a concierge robot. That would be so helpful in my life!

And maybe if you fly right into HK, the flight won't be too crowded and you can spread out?
Hmm... Maybe if we book an aisle and a window in a row of 3 we'll avoid having a 3rd person book the seat between us (assuming the flight isn't full).... Then we could for sure spread out! And if that seat does get booked we can always ask if they want to switch so we can sit together. And who would say no to moving from a middle to an aisle??

Following along! Such a long travel day! So nice though the airport has a refresh place with what looked to be very clean showers! Looking forward to following along on this one!

Joining in for the adventures! Your travel day(s) look like they went smoothly. Can't wait to hear what you think of the Shanghai Park!

That's definitely the way to travel for long flights!

The option to shower during your layover is the best I think. That grubby feeling after a flight is miserable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!