A (2019) HalloXmas trip to Asia - Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo! - COMPLETED 5/1!!!

At this point the parks become a bit weird – lots of guests gather at the castle to take photos of their costumes, before eventually heading home. So while it wasn’t empty at all, it got less busy.

I headed into Adventureland, for some more food (surprise surprise, lol)!

8LqgIf6.jpg

From The Gazebo, the Beef Cone with Purple mashed potato and pumpkin sauce. OMG, this was delicious! If I had another day I would have absolutely gotten this again!

JLQf2Yp.jpg
N9VkrFI.jpg
WzkP1sb.jpg

Then, to Café Orleans, where I got the Strawberry shortcake crepe, which had puff pastry, custard cream, whipped cream, strawberries, and a crepe. It was DELICIOUS! Really great contrast of textures and awesome flavors!

Sd8NG3W.jpg
WajLLce.jpg
r39ORJ4.jpg

I loved the crepe making device!

p6XMzlm.jpg

I briefly stopped to watch some entertainment, but I think it was the end of the show so didn’t catch it all.

GaeceGG.jpg

Loved these pumpkin benches, but it was a long line to take photos with them, so I just took a photo in between guests!

D4eF09m.jpg

Over to Troubadour Tavern for the pumpkin/chocolate swirl ice cream. This was fine. I think I preferred Milk ice cream with the pumpkin though!

DrlXJeo.jpg
aZv1vwh.jpg

I think I also stopped next door at Cleo’s to get the Popcorn Soda and Pumpkin Donut. This was…interesting. It totally did taste like popcorn! Which was weird! But where else can you get pumpkin soda?

Tt08o6H.jpg

More Westernland decorations!

lmmoYrM.jpg
MZBSm37.jpg
jiJkSXB.jpg
YxNzhTs.jpg
UPq3k0s.jpg
TXs2Mnm.jpg
Ho4BG6h.jpg
kCOKIMc.jpg

And another snack at Camp Woodchuck Kitchen. Where I got the cheese and shrimp cutlet sandwich. Sort of a fried shrimp “rod” with cheese with printed spooky eyes. This was pretty good. And fun to eat too! From the photo it looks like I was still drinking my pumpkin soda?

bKOAIHc.jpg
t5UqkZq.jpg

I ended up wandering around the Main Street a bit – checking out some merch. (Love the bandaids)

h6J6sg9.jpg
YvDW7fj.jpg
fsA62lG.jpg
VRRciUv.jpg

And I stepped out to check out the evening projection show. This happens throughout the night and was so cool! I just loved the colors and music and lights, especially the twinkle lights on top of the buildings!

YCLGexe.jpg
dKw23Mr.jpg
S3j5BuG.jpg
ZFE9NJn.jpg
o34Nh8A.jpg
Xm4mEpu.jpg
nchwJWy.jpg
fE4PmQt.jpg
gIxYY2A.jpg
cpqdPk3.jpg

And I liked these windows with the projection screens

VZ0fH4p.jpg

AvCGvUA.jpg
AIMeJkc.jpg

And because I hadn't seen enough parades, I ended up scoping out a good parade spot, on the curb, right near the bridge from Westernland into the Hub (I followed the advice of follow people with the big cameras). So I chilled there for a bit until you were allowed to leave your stuff (they make an announcement 1 hr before the parade; if you leave things unattended before then, its possible CMs will move them to lost and found; as always you shouldn't leave anything valuable, but it's totally cool to leave a parade mat and your backpack/sweater there and come back to it before the parade).

ZS5jU9H.jpg

Once I left my stuff, I stopped to grab some dinner at Plaza Pavilion which was nearby. I got the special Halloween set (though without the souvenir tray). This included Bacon and Vegetable Cream Soup (supposed to represent Jack’s bow tie), Cheese hamburger with demiglass sauce, roll, pumpkin mousse cake, and drink. This was all fairly good, though I’m not really a big fan of hamburger patty as an entrée. (Also I’m sorry about poor lighting for my food – it was dark outside!) But was a cool themed meal! You can also see in the photo of the example meal, you can get a souvenir tray, which was super cute, but I skipped.

Ph8kGer.jpg
peNE109.jpg
BhbCdT6.jpg
CFAp67i.jpg
roZbyvf.jpg
3U06zLx.jpg

I returned to my spot and definitely more people watching and waiting.

0tXojS0.jpg
ExCca9L.jpg

Coming up: Dreamlights! The best nighttime parade (sorry, not sorry, Paint the Night)!

I just love all the ghosts and how they carry throughout the whole park, but are themed to the land they're in. That's so amazing!

See, I would totally want to buy all the bandaids!!! and then never want to use them! I imagine myself yelling at Rob for using my bandaids LOL

as always you shouldn't leave anything valuable, but it's totally cool to leave a parade mat and your backpack/sweater there and come back to it before the parade).
That's so interesting!!! I'd be so nervous to leave anything of mine behind because at home I'm so used to assuming if you leave something out, it'll be stolen!

Coming up: Dreamlights! The best nighttime parade (sorry, not sorry, Paint the Night)!
Oooooh, cannot wait!!

I'm sorry you were underwhelmed by the Monsters Inc ride and didn't get the best spot for the parade :(

Those nighttime projections look so cool!

Can't wait to see/hear about Dreamlights!

Food looks interesting! I've heard other people be underwhelmed by Monsters too. Hoping you got to Pooh...

I just love all the ghosts and how they carry throughout the whole park, but are themed to the land they're in. That's so amazing!

See, I would totally want to buy all the bandaids!!! and then never want to use them! I imagine myself yelling at Rob for using my bandaids LOL

That's so interesting!!! I'd be so nervous to leave anything of mine behind because at home I'm so used to assuming if you leave something out, it'll be stolen!

Oooooh, cannot wait!!
Yeah, the ghosts were definitely awesome! I actually saw a post recently that some of the original Hub halloween statues included ghosts and those were all sent to Disneyland and have been used in the decorations along the tram route from the parking garage! I had loved seeing those (they haven't been there for a couple years) so it was a nice memory!

That's why I didn't get the bandaids - I figured I'd never want to use them, lol!

At first I was worried about leaving stuff, but I got over it quickly!
I'm sorry you were underwhelmed by the Monsters Inc ride and didn't get the best spot for the parade :(

Those nighttime projections look so cool!

Can't wait to see/hear about Dreamlights!
The projections were very cool! I'm a sucker for a good projection show, lol!
Food looks interesting! I've heard other people be underwhelmed by Monsters too. Hoping you got to Pooh...
I think the American competitive mindset got to me on monsters! Though even if it did keep score, I wouldn't be competing with anyone but myself.

Part 7 – Dream Lights

Then it was time for Dream Lights! WOW OH WOW! I love nighttime parades, Paint the Night was one of my favorites. But this. Oh man, this one just beat everything! (And as with all of my parades - be prepared for a boatload of photos!)

The Blue Fairy leads it all out!

9EknuZ7.jpg
WryIz0V.jpg
BOw4M97.jpg

Goofy drives the train with Mickey and Minnie celebrating

XTrKPFe.jpg
widuGOB.jpg
LEShIDl.jpg
o33jUTh.jpg
vHhhgX8.jpg
EvEYiNO.jpg
tIl8oTx.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!