A Heaping Helping of Disney with a Side Dish of Drama - June 2013 TR

BridgetR3

Dreaming of Home
Well, vacation is over. :sad1: We are home and clothes are washing as I type. :sad2: No more people waiting on me.....no more relaxing.......back to the real world.

Throughout our trip, I looked for an idea to use as the title for our TR. Some of our thoughts were:

Can't do Disney without a little drama
The year of the GAC cards and wheelchairs
We are strollerless!!!!
No more dreaming for us
Why did we drive again??

Before I get into the details of our actual trip I'm going to copy and paste our intros here for those who have not followed along with this journey.

Straight from my PTR.......sorry I'm not feeling creative tonight!

Let me introduce the cast -

Myself (Bridget)

36107970011.jpg

Teacher by day, Disney fanatic by night

DH

DSCN7365.jpg

He works REALLY hard to pay for my Disney obsession..... :rotfl2:

DS10

36107970069.jpg

An intelligent nerd by day, Disney lover at night.....he's my serious child which makes this picture extra special. He seems to let go at Disney and not worry so much.

DS6

DSCN8880.jpg

The nut!! My whole photo album is filled with his silliness. He asks every day if we could just go back to Disney. :rotfl:

Now on with the show........

I'm in! Just returned from our Disney trip on Friday, so I'm extra excited to follow your TR! I'll keep an eye out for my family in the background of your pics! :thumbsup2

So early on the morning of May 30, we left our sleepy little town to ride the 13+ hours to Disney. Ahhh....who am I kidding?!?! It was the first day of summer so we all slept in a little and got on the road around 8:20 which was only 20 minutes AFTER DH wanted to be on the road. Go us!!

An obligatory pic of us loading suitcases.....

Glad we weren't flying! Can you say baggage fees????

A few pics of the boys waiting for us to back out of the garage -

Excuse my poor photography skills.....they get worse I promise!

Of course we had to stop at the first town we came to in order to buy cheap ponchos (hint - you will never see these in photos) and a special 3DS game of Luigi's Mansion that was sold out near our house. Between the game and ipods, our boys were happy little campers on the way to Disney! I was surprised at how nice it was for them to have their own music. We heard no complaints and they were great car riders!

Of course, no trip is problem free and our's was no different. On the Atchafalya Basin bridge, we hit traffic....slow traffic......not moving at all traffic......get out of your car and take pictures traffic.....think I'm kidding???

Yep he was taking pictures. When the traffic finally cleared and the accident was moved, we had to wait for him to "run" back to his truck so that we could all move again. My DH was ummmm.....less than happy with him.

We had lunch at Chick-fil-a and most of the rest of our trip was uneventful. I have no other pictures as I'm the driver on all of our trips since I get car sick. It's much safer for me to drive and not try to take pictures I promise.

Around 5 or 6 we began to get hungry and saw an exit sign that advertised a McDonald's. My kids love McDonald's....me? not so much. BUT this was vacation so I will tolerate it. We take the exit and follow all the signs until we go to turn into the McDonald's parking lot only to find that the McD has been bulldozed. It is literally a pile of bricks and wood in the middle of the dirt plot. DS6 began to lose it. He was crying and complaining. Poor guy.

We settled for the next thing we saw which was a KFC. Again, not our best option but we were hungry and it was all they had. We ate. I have no pictures. (Forewarning - I did a terrible job with food pics this trip. Something like 1800 pictures and only a handful are of food.)

I drove for what felt like forever and ever....and.....ever.....and.....you get the point. DH was my navigator and scored us an awesome Priceline deal while we were riding through Gainesville. He paid $60 for a Holiday Inn in Ocala.

Here are some pictures of one of the neatest hotels I've ever stayed in -

The "egg" was a big chair that you could sit in

We loved the "shadow animals" in the green swamp lights.

Glass elevators for you to enjoy the view....

One last pic of our hotel on the morning we were checking out.....

Next stop -

THIS SIGN!!! (Please excuse the bug streaks and the giant crack in my windshield.)

Love the guy getting out to take pictures during your "break" from driving! I have to admit, I have felt like doing that in traffic jams before..maybe not the pictures, but it would be nice to stretch your legs when every car comes to a halt! lol

Glad to hear your ride was fairly uneventful and smooth! My husband and I have a 19 hour car ride ahead of us starting on Saturday morning with my parents and younger brother. I don't like plane rides, but after having gone to Disney the last two times on a plane, I'm hoping this car ride doesn't completely destroy me!

You were off to a great start only 20 minutes behind schedule. How far behind did the accident put you?

That's great you were able to find the video game elsewhere you couldn't find at home.

I see a chicken pattern starting because of that bulldozed McD's.

Very cool Holiday Inn and great price!

Welcome to Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter