A kosher, no park WDW trip with my three musketeers

MalkaR

Mouseketeer
Welcome to my trip report! We just got back today and I should get everything down while I still remember the details!

Here's the cast of characters starting from the left: Me, Aaron, Alex, Benny and DH

IMG_20180122_060934201.jpg

We started our day bright and early, getting up at 4am for our 7:20am flight. Above you see us waiting patiently.

The boys were fascinated watching the workers and trucks and airplanes. Benny said he didn't see how it was possible for the little tug truck to push a big heavy plane out of the gate.

IMG_20180122_062710000.jpg

It was finally time to board and the boys were very excited to take out their tablets and coloring books and yummy snacks. Each of them had their own stuff in their backpacks so I didn't have to hand anything out and they could do whatever they wanted. We lifted off and we were on our way. The flight was about 2 and a half hours. I think that as I get older (I'm 36), I'm getting more prone to motion sickness and I was feeling pretty green by the end of that flight. I find that even being a passenger instead of the driver on a long car ride makes me nauseous. I told DH that we'd have to find some Dramamine for the flight home.

IMG_20180122_095744902.jpg IMG_20180122_095749689.jpg

They thought that it was pretty cool that it was daylight outside when we landed.
IMG_20180122_095737819.jpg

After we landed, we made our way to the "fake-orail".
IMG_20180122_101327408.jpg

We trooped all the way through the airport (boy is that airport big and spread out!) all the way to the Magical Express, where the boys each got to scan their magic bands and we got right onto a bus that was about to leave. Perfect timing! While were on the bus, I got a call from the Instacart-Publix shopper asking me to approve changes he had made. He said that since we didn't have out room yet, he'd leave the order with bell services, even specifying that we had 5 bags, 2 of them refrigerated. We enjoyed the little program on the TVs and the driver got everyone excited to see the Disney World sign and even got everyone on the bus to cheer as we drove under it.

Then we finally got to our resort, Caribbean Beach Resort! There was a lot of construction around but we didn't care. Seeing the big cranes and trucks was a positive for my boys. Our room wasn't ready, but the CM was able to tell us that it was a 2nd floor room in building 46. I thought that was great because I requested 2nd floor in building 45! We took the internal shuttle to Old Port Royale, where we changed into our bathing suits and enjoyed the beautiful pool, slides and hot tub.

IMG_20180122_121348748.jpg

Monday was forecast to be the warmest day of the week so I wanted to make sure we took advantage of the weather. We were starting to get hungry so it was time for lunch! We keep kosher so we couldn't eat at the food tent, but I had brought kosher shelf-stable microwavable meals with us. We bought mugs and went into the food tent to microwave our meals. Most sodas, seltzers, juices in those soft drink dispensers are kosher so I thought that letting the kids have fun with that would be entertaining for them, and it was! Then we took our food out to the tables by the Banana Cabana Bar, at the little beach area.

IMG_20180122_131404281.jpg IMG_20180122_131731226_HDR.jpg IMG_20180122_131351122_HDR.jpg

Then DH took the boys and they played some of the games they had set up in that area. I relaxed and enjoyed the warm weather. Then it was time to check out Caribbean Cay. I'll continue there in the next post.

Hi :wave: I stayed at Caribbean Beach before. I can't remember the name of our section but it was the pink buildings. Such a lovely resort.

On to Caribbean Cay! It's the island in the middle of the resort and has all kinds of fun stuff to do there.

We stopped off in the playground on Caribbean Cay and checked out the fire pit where they do a marshmallow roast and the fake grass area where they show a nightly movie. They also have canons along the edge walls that were fun to play with. I have a picture of the canons but I can't find it! (Found it, but it's a video clip, too large to post.)

IMG_20180122_134259286.jpg IMG_20180122_134249231.jpg

There was another little beach in front of Jamaica and the boys played in the sand and we enjoyed the hammock.

IMG_20180122_173240761.jpg IMG_20180122_173822744.jpg

We were in Jamaica 46 and it was a perfect location, just one building away from the bridge to get to Centertown with the food tent and pool, it has a Coke Freestyle machine, the bus stop is right behind it and there's an Island Market close by. It was very quiet, especially on the 2nd floor. We had a corner room and I never heard anything from our neighboring room. We got into the room, checked everything out and called Bell Services for our grocery order. Within about half an hour, there was a knock on the door and they had our suitcases and grocery order! I put the food away and fed everyone some dinner. DH and I had some self-heating meals that were gross. They boys had yogurt, instant soup, salad, some other random stuff I can't remember. And that was a night! Off to bed for us. Disney Springs was on the schedule for tomorrow. Aaron had the little pull down bed.

In the morning, the boys watched cartoons and we ate breakfast in the room.
IMG_20180123_073341258.jpg IMG_20180123_073605005_HDR.jpg

I took a walk over to the Island Market for some coffee. The resort was all pretty and calm and quiet. I packed up some food, sandwiches, snacks and we filled up our mugs. My coffee from the Island Market was too weak (it was fine the rest of the time, not sure what was wrong that day), so we stopped off in the food tent so I could try the coffee there instead. From building 46 in Jamaica, it was a quick and pleasant walk over the bridges to Caribbean Cay, past the playground and pretty landscaping over to Centertown. The boys made sure to wear their lanyards with their pins so we could do some trading. This bird was hanging out waiting for some food to drop. He wasn't scared of the people at all, even when I got close to take a picture!
IMG_20180123_084925366_HDR.jpg IMG_20180123_085004621_HDR.jpg

Then we got on the Disney Springs bus.IMG_20180123_093944993.jpg IMG_20180123_093950020.jpg

We were excited for out first day out and about! The stores open at 10 and we got there at about 9:50 so we had some time to look around and play with the Archimedes Screw.IMG_20180123_095306804.jpg IMG_20180123_095408346_HDR.jpg

Our first stop was the Coke store. DH found this hat in Hebrew. It says Coca Cola.
IMG_20180123_100049673_HDR.jpg

Then we went to the top floor where you can see out over Disney Springs. It was a beautiful view and we could see the hot air balloon.
IMG_20180123_101719785.jpg

That's all that fits for now. I'll continue the DS day in the next post.

I've been following along, but realized I never commented! Your family is pretty cute. I never thought about what people do who keep kosher or halal at the parks...are you able to eat anything there, or do you have to bring in everything?

Enjoying following along! I am impressed at all the planning that clearly went into keeping Kosher while on vacation! Did you find that your kids (or you? :-)) really missed going into the parks? I once had a conference in Orlando and visited Disney Springs and the resorts for one night, but I felt kind of melancholy watching all of these people hit the parks (and come home) when I couldn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!