A life on the ocean wave! Newport Bay Trip Report - updated! Cape Cod!

mamaboogie

DIS Veteran

Hello All!

This is me, in Disneyland Paris two years ago.

And I am very excited to say I will be going back in August this year! :flower1:

So, I'm just having a little practise (it's been a while since I posted a thread on here so I'm a bit rusty!)

The most exciting part is that I am taking my DB with me and he has never been to Disney before. I just can't wait to share it with him.

Will post more details later! :yay:

This is my partner in crime at Disneyland Paris this year:

So excited to be sharing Disney fun with him this time.

Here is a picture of me with my two little Disney fans at DLP way back in 2003:

They are much bigger now and although they still love Disney they are not coming with us on this trip. I will miss them but it means lots of couply goodness for me and my boyf who really reminds me of a big bouncy Tigger! No doubt I will find some lovely pressies for the girls while we are away.

Am thinking about booking some restaurants in the near future. Really want to go back to Walt's and Blue Lagoon but want to try some new places too.

Some background info:

It's been a difficult couple of years. I won't go into too much detail but the trauma includes - a divorce, buying a house, several months off work sick, and finally (and most sadly) the loss of my beloved Dad in February.

Yes, we've been through just about every stressful life event in the last few months. We had booked a trip to WDW for this year but with buying the house we just could not afford it (plus - being ill it seemed like too much to cope with) so we had to cancel it (losing £100 deposit :sad: )

Anyhoo - we as things began to settle down for us we decided we needed a bit of happy news. So we decided to book for DLP in August. :genie:

Am so excited to be sharing the excitement with Chris for the first time. He has been a complete rock for me recently - through thick and thin and he deserves to have a great holiday. Also - the day we arrive in DLP is his birthday! :bday:

I always miss my kids in Disney (they are very big kids now but they still love Disney!) but I think I am taking an even bigger kid this time!:dogdance:

It's my hope that if this visit goes well, that we might all go back together sometime!

Okay - here is our rough itinerary!

Monday 10th August: Chris's birthday! :flower:

We decided to fly from Leeds/Bradford using Jet2. The flight isn't at a great time (13:50) but we know Leeds Bradford Airport well and we've always been impressed by Jet2. It means we don't get into Charles de Gaulle until 16:20 (thanks time difference!)

We've booked a car from the airport using Prestige transfers. I've used the Disney coaches in the past and sometimes it's a bit of a scrum to get onto the coach - or the coach has been full and we've had to wait for the next one (worrying about getting to the airport in time!)

Anyhoo - we're hoping to get to Newport Bay by half 5/6pm.

The plan is to go straight into the Disneyland Parc for some fun! :yay:

I'm hoping to get an ADR for The Blue Lagoon around 7:30pm and then carry on exploring the park!

Tuesday 11th August:

The plan is to get an early breakfast slot and get into Disneyland Parc for EMH. I love how empty the parc is first thing!

Today we are hoping to get lunch at Walt's - my favourite DLP restaurant!

Evening meal (counter service) will probably be either in the park or in Disney Village.

If we didn't manage to catch Disney Dreams last night we hope to do it tonight!

Wednesday 12th August:

Maybe a bit of a lie in today :rolleyes1

A later breakfast slot before heading to Walt Disney Studios.

Lunch will probably be in Disney Village again.

Evening meal - Manhatten Restaurant at HNY!

Thursday 13th August:

Our last full day :guilty:

Back to EMH at Disneyland Parc!

Then a counter service lunch somewhere....

Afternoon maybe a quick jaunt to Walt Disney Studios.

Our final evening meal is hopefully at the Yacht Club in Newport Bay.

Friday 14th August:

Going home!:sad2:

Hopefully some EMH fun in the parks before lunch at Bistrot Chef Remy.

We are being picked up at 2pm to go to the airport.

Well - that's it! The story so far! It may all change of course...

following along! you definitely deserve a nice DLP trip to look forward to.

Well I made my restaurant reservations today!

All a bit of an anticlimax really. Two of the restaurants I wanted - Manhattan Restaurant and Yacht Club are closed the week I go.

I managed to get:

The Blue Lagoon (Mon)
Walt's (Tues)
Nothing for Wednesday at the moment
Cape Cod (Thurs)
And Bistrot Chez Remy for Friday lunch.

It was all a bit haphazard TBH. I just hope the reservations are correct! I'm hoping I can check when I book in - although the woman did not take my Disney booking ref - just my name and mobile number!

Ah well - no doubt we will see when we get there!

That's a pity about the closures. What about Inventions or California Grill on the Wednesday?

For my last trip, I phoned the ADR line a few days before we left to confirm my reservations.

That's a pity about the closures. What about Inventions or California Grill on the Wednesday?

For my last trip, I phoned the ADR line a few days before we left to confirm my reservations.

I did think about California Grill as I would really love to do something special for Chris on his first visit. Have you been? I don't mind paying if it is worth it!

Is Inventions a buffet? As we already have Cape Cod instead of Yacht Club I don't want to do too many buffets!

That's a good idea, ringing to check the reservations. Did you just ring the regular restaurant helpline?

Yeah I just phoned the same number. There was no problem doing it.
CH is really really nice. DH said it was his favourite. We only went the once though cod it's not the most child friendly one. Inventions is a buffet, with characters. It's the nicest buffet at DLP.
A cocktail in Cafe Fantasia before or after dinner would be lovely too. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter