A life on the ocean wave! Newport Bay Trip Report - updated! Cape Cod!

Very excited to receive travel documents in the post yesterday! Well - just a letter confirming a booking really. But also 4 Disney character luggage tags! :worship:

Love these little touches that Disney add.

BTW - one month today! :dogdance:

Not long now! I arrive the day after you leave!

How fast did that come round Mama! Single digits and counting down. :cool1:

I know! We are going in the morning and I just can't wait! I haven't been very well and I'm hoping that won't spoil the experience. Just can't wait to check into Newport Bay and then everything is on the doorstep. Will tell all when I get back :tongue:

Welcome back mama. Glad you had a good time. Look forward to hearing about it. :goodvibes

I've loved the FB updates Mama, your DB is fab!

Sounds like you've had some really bad times, he seems like just the pixie dust you need (the spinny one was my fave!)

I'm looking forward to hearing all about it :-)

Here we go! :yay:

Day One:

Today was Chris's birthday!:cake:

We had done pressies and cards the night before because we knew we had to make a quick getaway.

We packed the car and said goodbye to the cat and the lovely daughter who was going to be cat/house sitting for us :love:

Then we were on our way!pixiedust:

We got to Yeadon (where Leeds/Bradford airport is and where I grew up!) and left our car at my Step Mum's house. After a quick cuppa there we got a taxi up to the airport and checked our case in. Jet2 is brilliant - very efficient and friendly. Here we are at the airport:

We were a bit peckish so we indulged in a 'tasty' Burger King meal. It did the trick - we knew we wouldn't be eating till later that evening.

It was soon time for boarding and we took off on time:

Yes - prepare yourself for lots of Chris and Shari selfies!

An hour and 15 mins later we landed at Paris Charles de Gaulle!

It was even exciting catching the bus to the Terminal:

Terminal 3 was a small, new looking terminal and we got the bags picked up very quickly.

We went onto the concourse to find our taxi. We'd decided to go by private transfer this time instead of the bus. I've been on the bus before and sometimes it's been a bit of a rugby scrum to get on. As this was Chris's first time I wanted everything to go really smoothly. And there was our driver - holding an ipad with my name on it...hang on! My first name was down as 'Shark'!!:rotfl2:Hilarious!

We had a lovely, relaxing drive to the Newport Bay in a very comfy car. In no time at all we were at our hotel.

A note about Newport Bay Club: We knew before we arrived that there were some major refurbishments going on. For some people this appeared to have spoiled their stay. There is no doubt there is a lot of scaffolding around the outside. And while we were there, inside was getting a bit of a face lift too. I remember thinking that one of the stairways was looking a bit worse for wear - the next day there were some guys there re-painting it! There was no shop in the hotel at the moment either. You couldn't even walk all the way around the lake to get to Newport Bay from Sequoia Lodge - the bridge near the lighthouse was closed for refurbishment too! Having said all this - we loved the hotel. The room was wonderful - clean, light and airy. The staff were wonderful and friendly. I really want to go back one day to see it in it's glory.

Anyhoo - one of my favourite things to do - checking in!

The cast member checking us in was lovely. She talked us through everything (great as I was nervous - it was the first time I had organised a Disney holiday by myself) when she found out it was Chris's birthday she gave him a voucher for two free pins.

Off we went to find our room. It was room 3255 - just around the corner from the lifts - sometimes I have had to walk miles down hotel corridors! The room was amazing - a lovely, bright corner room with a king size bed:

We dumped the bags and headed out! We wanted to experience the parks before our dinner reservation.

You can see some of the scaffolding outside the hotel here:

I was excited to get into the park but we had to stop and get some photos on the way:

It was quite busy at this time. But we didn't worry as we were just soaking up the atmosphere:

We couldn't actually believe we were there! We had dreamed about it so often. I thought I was going to wake up. I really had to pinch myself!

We stopped off at City Hall to get a birthday sticker for Chris - so many people said Happy Birthday to him when they saw him wear it. It made his day even more special.

Continued in next post...

So - we were still having a lovely wander and getting our bearings. It was great to see Chris experience a Disney park for the first time.

It's a Small World was closed:

We happened across Elsa and Anna - listening to 'Let it Go' in french made me quite emotional!

Soon it was time for our reservation at The Blue Lagoon. I wanted to give Chris a proper Disney dining experience for his first meal. The theming in this restaurant is amazing - you really feel like you are on a beach in the Caribbean:

I enjoyed a blue glowtini cocktail:

We had half board plus vouchers (free when we booked!) so we only had to pay for any alcoholic drinks we wanted.

Chris had the prawn cocktail to start:

And I had the Caribbean salad:

My main course was crayfish ravioli - delicious but huge portion!

Chris had the catch of the day which was salmon:

For dessert, I had coconut mousse:

And Chris had the mango dessert;

The food here was excellent and we were very stuffed!!

After eating, we went back into the park. We hadn't been on a ride yet! Pirates had a bit of long queue so we went over to Phantom Manor. I love this ride! It was great for Chris as his first ride. He even got birthday wishes from the creepy cast members!

We then went back to pirates and had our second ride of the holiday on that. Love pirates so much! Some more photos from our evening:

We watched Disney Dreams from the side near the Adventureland entrance:

We popped into World of Disney on the way back from the park. Chris bought himself a Pluto hat:

And he bought me a little Minnie Mouse headband too!

We were very tired when we got back to the hotel - it had been a long day! We unpacked and collapsed into bed - early start tomorrow!

Coming up: First full day in Disneyland Park!

Love the photos Mama and how happy you both look. :goodvibes Your room looks fabulous and there is something luxurious about a newly done bathroom.
I hope you didn't bite that private transfer driver - would have served him right :rotfl2:

Glad you enjoyed Blue Lagoon - I loved it there but Catherine hated it so we haven't been back. The mango dessert is only gorgeous.

Look forward to more. :hug:

Lovely first day. Your room looks great too!

Look forward to hearing more popcorn::

Love the photos Mama and how happy you both look. :goodvibes Your room looks fabulous and there is something luxurious about a newly done bathroom.
I hope you didn't bite that private transfer driver - would have served him right :rotfl2:

Glad you enjoyed Blue Lagoon - I loved it there but Catherine hated it so we haven't been back. The mango dessert is only gorgeous.

Look forward to more. :hug:

Lovely first day. Your room looks great too!

Look forward to hearing more popcorn::

Thanks Guys! It really was a lovely room. Blue Lagoon is a must do for me - such a great atmosphere and tasty food!

Day 2!

Our alarm was set nice and early and we went down for our breakfast slot at 7am. It was quite quiet then and very easy to negotiate the breakfast buffet. There was a nice selection of continental breakfast items - croissants, fruit, yoghurt, pain au chocolat, meats, cheese, toast, juices and hot drinks. Here are some of our selections:

And then we were off into the park! It was quiet in Disney Village:

We got into the park as it opened at 8am. You could see lots of characters out and about:

First ride has to be Dumbo!

We also went on Buzz, the teacups and Peter Pan.

It's so nice to have a wander when there aren't huge crowds around:

When the park opened properly at 10am we went and grabbed a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain. Whilst waiting for this we went to Casey Junior and the story book ride.

Then it was time for Chris's first ever ride on Big Thunder Mountain!

The fastpass queue wasn't very fast! We queued for about 30 mins. But it was worth it as he loved it!

Before our lunch at Walt's, we went and grabbed a FP for Star Tours:

Coming up: Lunchtime at Walt's!

Next up we went to Walt's for our lunchtime reservation. This is such a lovely restaurant - very peaceful and elegant.

Chris had a beer while I decided to try a martini royale:

This was a bit sour for me, but I was glad I tried it. We were served some nice crusty bread and butter:

I had a chicken Caesar salad to start with. It was so fresh and delicious:

Chris had a bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon:

For main course I had chicken in a marsala sauce with crushed potatoes:

Chris had a beef fillet:

For dessert I had a baileys creme brulee:

And Chris had an american cheesecake:

All the food here was amazing - and the service was excellent. What a lovely meal.

After lunch we went to use our fastpasses for Star Tours. Again we had rather a long wait!

But we really enjoyed it the ride when we got on it!

We were a bit tired after this ride so we went back to the hotel for a bit, doing some shopping on the way:

We also popped into the Disneyland Hotel:

Re-charged after a rest at the hotel, we went back into the Disneyland Park. It was lovely to have a wander. We went over to pirates:

We managed to get onto Snow White with only a short wait:

After lots of fun in the parks we decided we needed something to eat. All the counter service restaurants in the park had closed so we decided to go back into Disney Village and the Earl of Sandwich:

I had an original sandwich - roast beef and horseradish. Chris had a Hawaiian - ham and pineapple:

That warm crusty bread is sooooooooo delicious! We also shared a brownie and a packet of crisps:

On the way back to our hotel, we decided to go for a cheeky cocktail at Hotel New York:

I love this bar. I like the way you get a little pot of olives and peanuts. I had a Fred Astaire cocktail and Chris had a Fragol Rock. It was a lovely, relaxing way to end the evening. After a drink, we had a look in the hotel shop before heading back to Newport Bay.

Coming up: Walt Disney Studios!

Lovely update. I'm reading this and laughing as I've just booked Walts lunchtime for our upcoming trip and DH has just this second said we could have EoS later in the evening followed by a trip to the New York Bar :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Great minds eh!

Your photos look fantastic. I love EMH too for looking around and taking everything in, best photo time ever:thumbsup2

Thanks for reading! Yeah! Walt's for lunch and Earl Of Sandwich for supper is the way to go!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter