A life on the ocean wave! Newport Bay Trip Report - updated! Cape Cod!

Another great day Shari. Glad you had a nice meal in Walt's. You both look so happy. :goodvibes

Day 3!

Today began with an epic fail!

The plan today was to have a later breakfast and get to Walt Disney Studios at 10 am when it opened. We set the alarm for 8:30am, ready for breakfast at 9am and off we went to bed. So far, so good.

The alarm went off and I got up for a much needed shower - revelling in our slightly less rushed day.

Until...

Chris banged on the bathroom door - did I realise it was quarter to ten?

Oops! My silly Iphone doesn't automatically change the time to an hour ahead - so when I set the time to 8:30am it was actually 9:30am!

The result was we missed our breakfast slot so armed with a breakfast bar we headed over to the Studios and got there about ten past ten.

We had a giggle about it but it meant we didn't get our leisurely morning!

Our target was to get a FP for the ratatouille ride - it was a new ride for both of us. It was all very confusing outside the ride - there were masses of people everywhere! I looked for the FP machines and then I realised that the huge queue across the square was the queue just to get a FP ticket!

We didn't want to queue for what looked an hour just to get a FP ticket so we were beginning to think we wouldn't get on this ride. Then we noticed that the single rider line was only 15 minutes. I explained to Chris what this was and asked him if he fancied a go. He was up for it so we got in the queue. The poor CM at the front was trying to explain to people in several languages that they WOULD get separated on this ride. I've been in single rider queues before where people have tried to get on together when they get to the front.

In the end we queued for about 20 mins - but the ride was so worth it! I was quite nervous going on a ride alone especially as I hadn't been on this ride so I didn't know what to expect! It was so much fun though, a mixture of 3D stuff and physical effects. You really felt like you were a little rat in the kitchen!

When I found Chris, he had enjoyed it as much as me! Great ride.

Next we went on the Cars Ride:

Love this ride so much! We enjoyed seeing all the great things in the studio:

I took Chris to see Cinemagique - he's a real film buff so I knew he would enjoy it - and he did! I love this show more and more everytime!

Having missed breakfast (man cannot survive on breakfast bar alone!) we were a bit peckish but didn't want anything too filling. We decided to split a hot dog and sat in the lovely seating area in front of Tower of Terror:

We went on Armageddon - it was great! And yes, some small children cried at the end - one even had to be taken out!

Next up was the studio tour - there was a bit of a glitch and the ride was closed for a while - but it soon got up and running again. Love Catastrophe Canyon!

We had to have a turn on Slinky Dog!

We caught the show at the Art of Animation theatre and popped for a quick ride on those flying carpets.

Here are some more photos from the Studios:

On the way back to the hotel (so I could finally get my shower!) we stopped off for cake and some coffee at New York Sandwiches:

Coming up: Dinner at Silver Spur!

Only catching up now! You had great weather - it cooled down a bit by the time we arrived on the Saturday but luckily we missed the rain.

The room at NPB looks great! I never had a desire to stay there but I would like to after the refurb.

You got loads done in the studios! was it busy?

I love your photos - there's things you captured that I haven't seen in any of my 7 trips!

looking forward to the rest.

Yes, we were lucky with the weather - very hot! NPB was a new hotel for me - and while I wasn't seeing it at it's best, but looking past it we really loved the feel of the place. And would definitely go back. The studios was quite busy but not impossible to negotiate.

Thanks for reading along!

So glad you tried single rider for Remy! We thought we were never going to get on it as the fast passes run out so quickly. Luckily we discovered single rider and ended up going on several times :thumbsup2

Weather looks fab and your photos are really good. Look forward to hearing more :goodvibes

Sorry for the delay! Real life and all that...

Anyway after a rest and a change at the hotel it was time to wander back into the Disneyland Parc for our dinner reservation at:

The Silver Spur Steakhouse!

This is a beautifully themed restaurant in the style of a wild west saloon. It was also the busiest restaurant we had been to so far! It was packed and it does get rather noisy in there. Our table wasn't ideal either - it was kind of in the middle of a gangway and right next to another family. But we enjoyed the atmosphere anyway:

For an appetiser I went with the beef carpaccio -something new for me!

This was delicious! Very tender and light and nicely seasoned. Chris had a feta cheese and pine nut filo parcel:

He really enjoyed this also.

For main course I had the salmon with polenta and pistachio crust:

Chris had the lemon chicken breast:

We both had the dessert trio with coffee - lovely!

We really enjoyed the meal - the food was great quality and the service was fab despite them being really busy. Can definitely recommend eating here.

After eating we went to explore frontierland:

We wandered over to try Star Tours. We actually had a shorter wait in the regular line than we did in the fast pass line!

And Buzz!

It's so beautiful at night time:

We decided to stop at Sequoia Lodge for some cocktails on the way home:

We looked in the hotel shop:

After another brilliant day we fell exhausted into bed!

Coming up: Our last full day!

So - onto our last full day - sob!

We got up for EMH - we wanted to squeeze every ounce of fun out of our last full day. We went for an early breakfast and then headed out! It was a beautiful morning:

Love this view still - even better when it is nice and quiet on EMH:

First stop - our little elephant ride!:

Lovely castle :)

We went for a quick trip in the Carousel:

It was still nice and empty!

When the park opened properly we wandered over to Adventure Land:

Love Pirates!

And then had a wander over to my lovely Casey Jnr:

This was a walk on!

Time for our BTMRR fast pass - which this time was actually a lot quicker!

After another great ride we were hungry (breakfast seemed so long ago!) so we went to Fuente del Oro. It was completely empty:

I love this quick service restaurant. I had chicken fajitas and Chris had beef tacos. We shared some tacos for dessert:

Oh look! Still empty!

After lunch we wandered into some shops:

We decided to pop into the studios. We wanted to do some drawing!

Chris was excited because he finally found a cuddly Remy in the Ratatouille shop:

Wending our way back through Disney Village we stopped off at Earl of Sandwich for a coffee and a cookie:

Heading back to the hotel there were some ominous clouds:

Luckily we made it back before it bucketed down!

Coming up: Cape Cod!

Real life update! Well, real Disney life update!

Since we came back from DLP it was apparent that I had a real, new Disney Addict on my hands. Chris's first trip to Disney had been a success and now he was hooked. And in my mind I was thinking - 'If he loved DLP how would he react to WDW?'

Anyway - after much thought and too-ing and fro-ing we decided to take the plunge this week and book a trip for next year. There were some disappointments as I wanted to book OKW (a resort I was familiar with) but when I came to actually book, the one bedroom villas were no longer available! However, Saratoga Springs one bedroom villas were still available. So we went for it!

Two weeks in Walt Disney World next August! 316 days, not that I'm counting!

We'd considered a couple of days in Universal while we were out there but as I'd never booked a holiday to WDW before I was very wary of making things too complicated. So we decided to stay in Disney for the 14 days.

So that's it - to say we are excited is an understatement! :yay::cheer2:party:

That's fantastic! I'd love to go to WDW sometime. Sarantoga Springs looks fab. Did you get the free dining offer?

Yes we did! Very excited and counting down the days! So nice to look back on our wonderful DLP holiday though. We hope to get back there in 2017 for the anniversary - and Chris's special birthday :thumbsup2

Catching up Mama and enjoying all your lovely photos. I :love: your black and white Mickey top!!!

How exciting to be booked for WDW next year. Look forward to hearing more about that. :goodvibes

Catching up Mama and enjoying all your lovely photos. I :love: your black and white Mickey top!!!

How exciting to be booked for WDW next year. Look forward to hearing more about that. :goodvibes
Thanks! I like my Mickey top too but it's getting a bit worn! Maybe I can get a replacement next year :-) will post another update soon. Thanks for reading x

Well now you have to tell us what that cocktail was and where you had it - it's the rules :rotfl2:

Well now you have to tell us what that cocktail was and where you had it - it's the rules :rotfl2:
Well....it's from Newport Bay Cape Cod restaurant. I can't quite remember what it was called. Something with 'rose' in I think! Very fruity and very nice!

Oooh, sounds nice. Perhaps one for the cocktails round the lake crawl in January :thumbsup2 Thank you. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter