A life on the ocean wave! Newport Bay Trip Report - updated! Cape Cod!

Sorry for the delay! We left off just before the heavens opened and we were going for our last evening meal (sob!) at Cape Cod in the Newport Bay hotel. We were seated quickly and I was sipping on a lovely cocktail.

The buffet here is fantastic! So much hot and cold choice. Just wish I had a larger appetite to try more! Here is my first plate:

And my plate of puddingy goodness:

I didn't get a pic of Chris's first or second plate (too busy eating!) but here is his dessert selection:

And the man himself:

I was very mature and had fun with this little gingerbread guy:

This meal was great. Good food and good service (I think our server was training but she did very well) By the time we had finished the rain had passed so we decided to get changed and head back into the park:

http://s290.photobucket.com/user/mamaboogie_photos/media/DLP 2015/DLP 2015 489_zpszbmjmh0o.jpg.html

After fun in the Disneyland Parc we headed back to Hotel New York for cocktails again. We enjoyed it but were slightly disappointed that we didn't get offered the nuts and olives again! I think my cocktail was a pina colada:

We staggered back to Newport Bay after another wonderful day.

Coming up: Time to go home! :sad2:

Real life update! Well, real Disney life update!

Since we came back from DLP it was apparent that I had a real, new Disney Addict on my hands. Chris's first trip to Disney had been a success and now he was hooked. And in my mind I was thinking - 'If he loved DLP how would he react to WDW?'

Anyway - after much thought and too-ing and fro-ing we decided to take the plunge this week and book a trip for next year. There were some disappointments as I wanted to book OKW (a resort I was familiar with) but when I came to actually book, the one bedroom villas were no longer available! However, Saratoga Springs one bedroom villas were still available. So we went for it!

Two weeks in Walt Disney World next August! 316 days, not that I'm counting!

We'd considered a couple of days in Universal while we were out there but as I'd never booked a holiday to WDW before I was very wary of making things too complicated. So we decided to stay in Disney for the 14 days.

So that's it - to say we are excited is an understatement! :yay::cheer2:party:

I've been to WDW 5 times now and we've always done Universal and Seaworld as well on the trips. We usually stay on international drive though but afaik if you did want to visit universal studios for a day you can get a lynx bus from WDW property. You might have to change at some point to an iride but it shouldn't be that hard to get to Universal for a day from Disney

Great trip report btw!

I've been to WDW 5 times now and we've always done Universal and Seaworld as well on the trips. We usually stay on international drive though but afaik if you did want to visit universal studios for a day you can get a lynx bus from WDW property. You might have to change at some point to an iride but it shouldn't be that hard to get to Universal for a day from Disney

Great trip report btw!
Thanks for reading!

I've been to WDW 4 times previously and we've always gone to either Universal, Seaworld or both! But it's the first time I've been charge of booking the whole thing so I'm taking things easy. Who knows, when we are there we might decide to take a day out to Universal but we are just going to see how things go. The main thing is introducing Chris to the wonder that is WDW!

Thanks for reading!

I've been to WDW 4 times previously and we've always gone to either Universal, Seaworld or both! But it's the first time I've been charge of booking the whole thing so I'm taking things easy. Who knows, when we are there we might decide to take a day out to Universal but we are just going to see how things go. The main thing is introducing Chris to the wonder that is WDW!

If he liked DLP he won't want to come home from WDW :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter