A little bit of this and a little bit of that! VA Beach, Vero, WDW and Spirit of the Swamp Airboat ride June/July 2020 -**updated 7/8

That was great that you were upgraded to a one bedroom and a renovated one too. We had stayed there in December also in a one bedroom. I find that the studios are tight for 3 adults. If you guys go back to Disney Springs stop by Sprinkles cupcakes it’s one of our favorite. Our favorite is the Salted Caramel. When we went a couple of weeks ago they had the actual bakery closed and were only taking preorders made online for pickup. Other favorite restaurants are Frontera and Jaleo. Many years ago we also went horseback riding at Tri Circle D Ranch in Fort Wilderness not sure if it’s currently opened at this time. I think it was a smart move to cancel Savannah at this time and I totally agree that I feel Disney will make every effort to keep there guests safe. I am not sure if you have the time if they have the availability and it’s expensive is going to Discovery Cove for the day. It’s a like a private oasis we’ve gone several times. My girls swam with the dolphins at the time but don’t think they are currently offering an actual swim more of an interaction experience. But even without the dolphin swim it’s a great day its all inclusive
To get your money worth go early in the morning and start off your day with breakfast ....
Thanks for the restsurant tips! We do love Sprinkles! There was a line at the Cupcake ATM yesterday!
We did Discovery Cove last summer along with Busch Gardens, Seaworld and Aquatica and we absolutely loved it! I bought it for a Christmas gift for my kids using their blue Friday 14 day deal. We would do that again for sure!

Thank you for sharing this awesome TR! I have really been enjoying following along. Vero looks amazing!! :)
Vero was amazing and I will not lie... I wish we were still there! They are a smaller resort and are able to just really do a better job at all of the rules and social distancing! I miss the beautiful beach there as well!

🇺🇸 July 4...new Disney masks and Trex
We walked over to Disney Springs...I can't believe how close we are from our room! The temperature checks take only a few seconds and despite the day that I felt a bit hot after the sunny walk over my temp was still perfectly fine.
Yesterday when we walked over to our Paddlefish reservation the line for Disney make was very long. Today we arrived at 10:35 and there was no one in the line so we thought it was a good time to go ahead and grab some masks. I've heard that they are running small so let me give you a bit of a run down. We bought 4 masks...3 different patterns .... All 4 size large. And each design is a different size "large". Take a look...506442

My husband and son got the Star Wars on the left...I got Mine Mouse in the middle and My daughter for the Pixar one on the right. All three are a size large and all are different sizes. The Star Wars is the smallest, and the Pixar is the largest. Of course, I understand no refunds or exchanges on the masks but honestly maybe they should at least be the same size! What the heck?

After trying on all of our masks and complaining about the sizing we were off to our lunch at TREX! We haven't eaten here in quite some time. We have a Rainforest about an hour away at home and tend to stop in there about once a year so we decided to go for TREX today.

I get cc rewards that give us the Option of Landrys gift cards so I decided it would be a great place to go on the holiday where our Tables In Wonderland card isn't good. ( There is a DVC discount though). I must say that the distance between the tables was excellent and our server was outstanding! We were seated in the ice cave so the coloring of my pictures are all blue! Haha!
DH got the shrimp alfredo and actually said it was very good and just what he was hungry for! DS had a kids meal pasta with alfredo...right up his alley! DD had the chicken sandwich and she loved it and I had the trio and it was delicious. I was fearful that the slurry steak would be overdone or stringy but it was perfectly fine medium just like I ordered!
We also had to have some drinks...a beer, a 🇺🇸 red, white and blue margarita and a strawberry lemonade. My margarita was wonderful and refreshing and DD'S lemonade was scrumptious! I didn't rate the beer.

We walked back to Saratoga and saw something out in the lake. At first we thought maybe it was a snake that we saw but it ended up to be 4 very playful otters! There were adorable!

We let our food settle a bit while we watched some Disney Mickey Mode cartoons and then lathered up in sunscreen and skipped of to the pool. The kids wanted a slide so went to the High Rock Spring pool...holy moly wad it crowded. That was not a place I felt comfortable at all. Not like Vero at all...it was a free for all! We liked at the line for the slide and the kids were pulled one on top of eachother. We walked out and decided to check out the Paddock pool which was crowded but we found 2 chairs in an out of the way place and found a spot in the pool that was a good distance from others. There wasn't a line of more than 4 or 5 people for the slide either. We enjoyed the slide and the pool for quite awhile and the longer we stayed the more the pool emptied out so it became enjoyable. Soon a storm was rolling in and we had a bit of a walk back to our room so we decided to head back. On our walk back we heard the first tim of thunder and the high winds nearly blew of my hat! Just as we got back to the room the skies opened up... Time for that daily Florida storm!
We decided that since we are not going to Savannah we are going to switch to a studio at OKW for our Additional night. I duct all about keeping this room and maybe I should have but the OKW studio is only 14 points.

It's still quite cloudy but the rain has now stopped and we are going to leave for Disney Springs again for our 6:15 boathouse reservation.

Attachments

• A27505FF-3FD0-4D25-984D-97F597AF4D21.jpeg
    A27505FF-3FD0-4D25-984D-97F597AF4D21.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: DLo
OKW.. Updated again!
Never have I switched things around so much EVER! As I was typing in my last update about staying at OKW and we didn't ask to stay here...I though why didn't we ask?
So we did call the front desk and all we had to do was book a night in the preferred studio that I originally booked and they continued our reservation in THE SAME ROOM!!! It never hurts to ask!
This is awesome!

Last edited:
🇺🇸 July 4 dinner at the Boathouse
I have to stop boring you all with the details. These photos speak for themselves.

We will definitely be back!

After dinner we went to the Marvel and Star Wars stores. I couldn't get out here fast enough! It was so very crowded at Disney Springs tonight! And so many people not wearing masks, walking on the wrong side of the walkways, going on Exit only doors! Take me back to Vero!!

Last edited:
I am so surprised they are not enforcing the mask wearing at Disney Springs, no wonder the Florida Covid-19 numbers are rising. So glad I moved my Kidani reservation to Vero Beach.

I am so surprised they are not enforcing the mask wearing at Disney Springs, no wonder the Florida Covid-19 numbers are rising. So glad I moved my Kidani reservation to Vero Beach.
EXACTLY!!!... Today, the security guard checking for masks on the way into Disney Springs on the walking path was wearing his mask beliw his nose!! there are still those who weren't wearing masks at Vero especially when they came back from the pool or beach. But you won't regret going to Vero!!!

Last edited:
July 5... Breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe and lunchES at Disney Springs
I just needed see the new pink castle so we booked a breakfast reservation for the Grand Floridian Cafe for this morning... Yup, just totally out of the blue! We were the ONLY ones in the entire lobby at 8:15 am! It was quite peaceful at the Grand despite the big blue fence. I needed a Mickey waffle and DH order the eggs Benedict. We shared. Cut that Mickey waffle right down the middle! It wasn't right! The menu, like all of the places, was limited. I just love the orange butter here and was glad that was still available with the biscuits! Mmmmmmm.

Both kids also had the mickey Waffles...one kids and one adult.

I was so happy that we are breakfast here...it was great! After breakfast we walked over towards the Poly just to get a better view of the castle. It didn't seem to stand out as much in the pink...but It grew on me just standing there starting at it for 15 minutes!😀
It was so hot this morning and we definitely were sweating like crazy! But it was worth it just for a glimpse of the castle! The ferry and the monorail were also running so the ambience was pure perfection!

We headed back to our resort and took a walk up to the gift shop where I was able to buy a 2020 hat and pair of ears ( just what I needed) but one, get one free! I just couldn't resist!

We also picked up Disney Parks Uno and went back to the room to play a gave or two before we walked to Disney Springs for our Ragland Road ressie at 12:30...yup, eating again!

After seversl quick faves we headed to lunch... I was hoping for outside dining but they didn't have the patio open outside so we were seated inside. They have removed lots of tables but I still felt the tables were a bit close. There was live entertainment and dancers while we were there and for a little while it almost felt normal. Of course, we had some drinks and we all shared a fish and chips and ceasar salad.

We browsed a few stores since it wasn't crowded thus afternoon and ended up at The House of Blues. The skies looked like some rain so we headed in and were seated immediately. My son says this is an EAT-CATION and I have to agree!
We all shared the shrimp tacos, a Flatbread and a side of Mac and cheese. Of course, we also needed some drinks!

On the way out we stopped at The Starwars outpost where DS bought himself a Lego (which he is currently putting together) and walked through the Christmas Store...which truly is the happiest place in Earth right now!

We have no plans for tonight...that seems really odd...but this whoke vacation had been changing at a minutes notice so who knows what the night will bring!

Last edited:
July 6.. We had a Fantastic morning with Spirit of the Swamp!
Last night we had a very relaxing night, We decided to go to the High Rock pool and just munch on the leftovers and snacks that we brought since we already are breakfast and 2 lunches! Haha! The pool was empty! It was great to have the pool all to ourselves! We used the slide...which was slower than the one at Paddock pool...over and over! One of the life guards things us to sit up and reach forward or lady back but lift out butts to go faster so for the sake of science we had to give both ways a shot! I preferred sitting up and reaching for my toes and it did work! I reported back to the life guard about my find and she responded, "Where are you from? I feel like I know you.". Hmmmm... That was odd right? I things get we are from Pennsylvania and she she got excited and said "I knew it! You were my teacher!"! I glanced at her name tag...looked at her hair (it's not easy recognizing people with masks covering their faces) and realized I knew exactly who she was! Wow! What a small world it really is!
We went to bed early because we had another early morning planned for the morning!

We were up, bug and sun lotioned up and out the door by 7:40 am. We were excited to be doing a 2 hour airboat ride with Spirit of the Swamp at 9 am! I needed something cool to do since this want a parks trip and decided to check out airboat tours. I read lots of reviews and decided to book with Spirit of the Swamp and we did not regret it! The booking was super easy and their tours are private so we didn't need to worry about being with anyone but our captain.
We were to arrive 15 minutes early, call the provided number and come to the dock to meet our airboat captain. Walk went just add planned. The tour actually leaves from a local park and there isn't a big sign or anything announcing it...just a small sign that says "airboat rides."
We booked the 2 hour tour and it was well worth the extra time to be able to go to Shingle Creek! Both of my kids said this wad the highlight of their vacation... And just remember how much I have been raving about Vero Beach Resort!
We had Captain Dale and he was very experienced and took us on a great tour! The summer months are not known for gators since it is so warm but I recommend booming the earliest tour at 9 am to avoid the heart of the day. The flowers are simply beautiful...the birds are majestic... There are even some horses and cows along the way! I want expecting to see many gators but our captain knew exactly how to locate done for us to see and we saw plenty Mamas guarding their nests and some little ones too!

We absolutely loved our tour and you will too if you book with Spirit of the Swamp! It was a great morning!
The lotus flower was my favorite and Captain dale made sure I was able to get a close photo!

This photo is in Single creek... It is simply gorgeous here and you can only teach it on the 2 hr. tour!

It's definitely an activity I highly recommend! I just can't believe after 75+ Times to Florida we have never taken the time to do this!

By the way Captain dale said to book the morning in the summer and the afternoon in the cooler months.

61 years old born and raised in Florida and have never taken an airboat ride...Just added to my bucket list thanks 😊

July 6... Lunch @Chef Arts’ Homecoming
oh... it was everything I read it would be! I had my heart set on a a sweet tea shine but the server talked me into a peach sangria and I absolutely didn’t regret taking her advice! It was delicious!
DS and I shared the Famous Fried Chicken meal and a side of Mac and cheese. It was just all super tasty... and I was very hungry so I gobbled it down! DD andDH both ordered the chicken sandwiches and loved them! We passed on dessert and stopped at Starbucks in the way out... Starbucks gift cards really are the perfect teacher gift!

before we picked up our drinks to go we visited the Levi Store AGAIN, The World of Disney Store, and the Basin Store. We did some serious spending today!

We saw the skies darkening and heard a rumble of thunder in the distance so we headed back across the bridge to Saratoga Springs and entered our building just before the daily downpour started! Whew! We just made it! We got in another few games of Uno and headed up to play some ping pong when it stopped raining. We brought our own paddles and balls but they do have them to pick up in community hall. Of course, after about 20 minutes the skies opened up again and we headed back to our room to play Clue and of course, some more Uno! We sat around our table and laughed until we cried. DH actually said that we were the perfect DVC commercial of a family enjoying their 1 bedroom! And we were.
We had a reservation at Olivia’s for dinner tonight and it was just the relaxing dinner we needed! A child’s pasta, 2 Duvall burgers and a club sandwich. We always love the atmosphere at OKW and especially love Olivia’s!

61 years old born and raised in Florida and have never taken an airboat ride...Just added to my bucket list thanks 😊
It really was awesome! What an experience! I can’t say enough good things about Spirit of the Swamp and Captain Dale! I always do lots of research and they cane out in top!

I couldn’t add pics in the last post... so here they are!
506921the Mac and cheese at Home coming!

chicken meal with potatoes, a biscuit, gravy and pickles... DS has the other half!
the chicken sandwiches!

our Starbucks... ❤️
A little ping ping!

Attachments

• DE98846A-D279-4E60-B227-EB0E952F20E7.jpeg
    DE98846A-D279-4E60-B227-EB0E952F20E7.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 739A1DF4-85DA-43D0-8956-8F30385D6015.jpeg
    739A1DF4-85DA-43D0-8956-8F30385D6015.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 0
July 6... Dinner at Olivia's pictures and Disney Springs @ night507125
The Duval burger

The club minus tomatoes

It's always so peaceful at OKW

After dinner we walked to Disney Springs because I wanted to see it at night without the 4th of July crowd. It was beautiful! We just walked through and enjoyed being nearly alone! We ended up at the Hangar Bar where we had done after dinner drinks and closed the place down at 10 pm. Walking back to the hotel was pure magic ✨. No people... All the lights and the music! ❤ It was the perfect end to a phenomenal day!

Some pics...

Attachments

• 96FBC658-E597-4896-9888-E862CE1ABC42.jpeg
    96FBC658-E597-4896-9888-E862CE1ABC42.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter