A Little Confused About Drinks & Desserts

BeckWhy

<font color=FF99FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain
I'm a little confused when I've been reading reviews. On DDP, do milkshakes apply to non-alocholic drink or to dessert?

I'm confused, too, but I think maybe everybody is. I think the answer to your question depends on where you are and who your server is. The latest I heard was that milkshake could be used as either a drink or a dessert, but who knows?

I think the Dining Plan is a scheme to drive us all to drink!

Generally your beverage is a soda, iced tea or lemonade. There are a couple of places that allow (or did allow) milk shakes or smoothies as the beverage. They are exception, not the rule. I know we got smoothies at Le Cellier and the Morrocan restaurant and I think I read here that WCC allowed milk shakes as the beverage.

I always ask.

It depends on the resort. At WCC, the bottomless milkshake can be ordered as a beverage. At LeCellier, the smoothies can be ordered as a beverage. These are "for sure--we got em" as of May. At some other places, the milkshake or smoothie can be ordered as a dessert.

In general, the beverage is bottled water, lemonade, tea, fountain drinks, etc., but there are some exceptions. The server will tell you at these restaurants. Lemonade, iced tea, and fountain drinks are unlimited refills at TS. Milk is generally not refillable at dinner...again, I'm sure there are exceptions.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering most about WCC cuz I wanted a bottomless Milkshake and a dessert. MUHAHAHA I'm greedy! ;)

Another place that a smoothie was a drink was 1900 Park Fare. I didn't ask, the waiter told me about it. Got a strawberry.. yum!

Nancy

We were there last week and my girls both got virgin pina coladas as beverages at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

Also got the bottomless shakes at WCC.

We've had smoothies for our drinks twice at Boma (the mango one is great!)while on the DP. My BIL and SIL just returned last week and reported that they all got virgin strawberry daiquiris, or something like that, at Ohanas.

We had smoothies as our beverage at Spoodles last December on the dining plan. We were also offered coffee with our dessert (my daughter ordered a latte). I expected to pay out of pocket for the coffee but it was included on the bill!

We found that they did not OFFER them as your beverage, but if we asked they said yes no problem! At WCC the milkshakes were our beverages, at LeCelliers we also receibved the smoothies as our beverages and also at Sci~fi we received the milk shakes as our beverages, all with seperate desserts;) We finally figured out that it never hurts to ask!

Just got home last night and we got non alcoholic frozen drinks at Le Cellier, Kona and LTT

Deb

We also got smoothies at Le Cellier as drinks and were told at the Sci FI that a milkshake could be used as a drink or a dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter