A little help would be wonderful....

Disneytinkfan

Earning My Ears
So to start my fiancé and I are getting married on the beach in Malibu - We are traveling from Oklahoma. Jer wanted to see where I grew up - which is Redondo Beach - long time ago. - So I just think this is soooo sweet that he actually wants to visit where I grew up. We have had an interesting relationship but I get to marry my best friend - I am sooo excited. Well we are both Disney fans and so the day after we are married we plan on having fun together - I want to wear mouse ears with a veil and such. Okay - the "help" part - he is always doing nice, sweet things for me and often times leaves me speechless. I seem to run short in this area. We will have 5 kids with us ranging from 19 all the way to 12. We actually have a 19, 18, 16, 14, and 12. Well the 2 oldest have already said they are going to watch the others so we can have some us time - so sweet of the oldest! Anyways - is there something special or anything someone can think of that I could do special for him? I mean he really is truly amazing and I know everyone probably says that about their significant others - but he truly as been my rock during a very difficult last 2-3 yrs. If anyone has any awesome ideas - I am open to them. Oh and we are getting married July 25th - to watch the sunset and will be going to Disneyland the 26th-28th.

What’s your budget and how long do you have to plan this? I ask because suggestions for this can be anything from DIY to WOC dessert party to Napa Rose Chef’s Table, all of which are very different costs and need different amounts of lead time. I’m also assuming you plan to spend this day at disneyland?

Also... CONGRATS!!

What’s your budget and how long do you have to plan this? I ask because suggestions for this can be anything from DIY to WOC dessert party to Napa Rose Chef’s Table, all of which are very different costs and need different amounts of lead time. I’m also assuming you plan to spend this day at disneyland?

Also... CONGRATS!!
Thank you! Yes we are spending 3 days at Disneyland the 26, 27, and 28th. Hmmm well if is the 2 of us - just to let you know - we have gone to Disneyland before. Napa Rose we plan on doing for our 1st year anniversary so that has to be off the table. We have done Fantasmic - although not as a couple - as friends. We even did the walk around California Adventure. Hmmmm - my budget is pretty open - I plan on splurging a little :)

Absolutely recommend WOC dessert party then! WOC is just fun & the dessert party makes it relaxing. Imho the desserts are lousy but sitting down (as everyone else is being packed in to stand) makes the show so much nicer & the drink service is a nice bonus.

Absolutely recommend WOC dessert party then! WOC is just fun & the dessert party makes it relaxing. Imho the desserts are lousy but sitting down (as everyone else is being packed in to stand) makes the show so much nicer & the drink service is a nice bonus.
I will definitely look into that and see what I can come up with. I might also look into a few restaurants for dinner or something. We have both been to most of the restaurants there - I think I want to somehow surprise him with a gift when we go eat together. Thanks you!

I will definitely look into that and see what I can come up with. I might also look into a few restaurants for dinner or something. We have both been to most of the restaurants there - I think I want to somehow surprise him with a gift when we go eat together. Thanks you!
I tried to make reservations last night abs I couldn't so I am guessing they are sold out or something. Any other ideas? Thank you for your help.

I tried to make reservations last night abs I couldn't so I am guessing they are sold out or something. Any other ideas? Thank you for your help.

I would go back and try different times and different party sizes. Also you could try calling the Disney Dining reservations.

I would go back and try different times and different party sizes. Also you could try calling the Disney Dining reservations.
Thank you. I might try that. Unfortunately I thought we had a place to make a small cake for us secured and so I made a deposit. Then we just had 2c things to iron out color and I wanted to know what their frosting was like since it wasn't buttercream or whip cream. I hit a rude response back and without going into too much detail..I am not even sure I am going to get my deposit back and I have to find another place to do a small cake..I am kinda frustrated and sad..

It's not unusual for the WOC DP not to be available 60 days out. There have been reports of it getting down to 39 days before reservations opened. So keep trying - it's probably just not been loaded into the system for your dates, yet.

I see availability for the dessert party after the OP's dates (for example, 8/3 is available) so it is possible that its booked. HOWEVER, as mentioned, things change frequently so keep checking back.

It's not unusual for the WOC DP not to be available 60 days out. There have been reports of it getting down to 39 days before reservations opened. So keep trying - it's probably just not been loaded into the system for your dates, yet.
Okay thank you for the info. I will keep a watch on it :)

Thank you. I might try that. Unfortunately I thought we had a place to make a small cake for us secured and so I made a deposit. Then we just had 2c things to iron out color and I wanted to know what their frosting was like since it wasn't buttercream or whip cream. I hit a rude response back and without going into too much detail..I am not even sure I am going to get my deposit back and I have to find another place to do a small cake..I am kinda frustrated and sad..

If you are looking for a cake or cupcakes around Disneyland I recommend you check out Hapa cupcakes in Fullerton. Its a few minutes up the road from Disneyland in Uber. They make cakes and cupcakes and they are fantastic. We have personally used them many times and they are amazing. http://www.hapacupcakes.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!