A Little Sour, but a Lot of Fun: Spring Break 2019 DR *Updated 11/17 Complete!

Chad called me to tell me to HURRY because a captain at the Contemporary dock was going to give us a short fishing excursion and drop us off at Ft. Wilderness.
Wow, that is amazing!!!!!! Pixie dust indeed!

A bigger deal for us is when this kept him busy for a full hour:

IMG_4936.JPG
Don't ya just love it when you plan an activity, pay for it, and they aren't all that thrilled then something unexpected comes along and draws all their attention.

He was so excited that he shaped his cheese to match our “continent”, but I’m pretty sure he meant our state because it definitely looked like Kentucky.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: If you can see you state in cheese pretty sure that can classify as a continent

IMG_4947.JPG

Cheesy Barbecue Brisket
with House-made Chips--$11.00
I've heard great things about this. We spent lots of time at Geyser during our Epic trip and somehow I never ate this.

IMG_4948.JPG

Crispy Fried Oysters
with Miso Tartar Sauce --$13.00

This was the hit of the night, very plump and fresh oysters with a briny flavor enhanced by the umami in the miso dipping sauce.
But these I did eat. So good. I'm a sucker for an oyster anyway, but you described these perfectly. Only thing wrong with them is that I needed like twice as much!

Wow what a treat ! It’s magic moments like that that keep us coming back .
Geyser Point looks delish. Been on my to try list for awhile - need to move it up on the list

Don't ya just love it when you plan an activity, pay for it, and they aren't all that thrilled then something unexpected comes along and draws all their attention.

But these I did eat. So good. I'm a sucker for an oyster anyway, but you described these perfectly. Only thing wrong with them is that I needed like twice as much!

I promptly purchased him a sandbox when we returned from this trip. :thumbsup2

I could have used twice as many of those oysters, they were so good. The quality was right up there with the ones we had in Annapolis last fall. :eek: I know, right???

Geyser Point looks delish. Been on my to try list for awhile - need to move it up on the list

I think Geyser Point is worth a special trip to WL and I'm so glad that Disney is continuing to create these sort of relaxed, lounge-type, outdoor dining options. It's exactly what I want when I'm on vacation.

Day 8 – April 6

Packing to leave is never fun, we tried to get it finished quickly so that we could spend some time at Disney Springs with a nice lunch before hitting the road.

Asher made some new friends, not so sure they were into his advances :blush::

IMG_4273.JPG

Killing time before our lunch reservation:

IMG_4996.JPG

We hadn’t spent much time at Disney Springs the past few years and we’re still working our way through all the “new” restaurants. Morimoto Asia was on our to-do list and we decided it would be perfect for our last lunch.

Chad and I started with cocktails:

IMG_4999.JPG

I had a mai tai that I don’t see on the current drink menu. It was good, but a little too sweet and I prefer the Trader Sam’s version. Chad had a margarita and it was the kind we make—boozy, lots of lime and not very sweet at all. We were discussing the flavor and since Asher loves to join in our food and drink conversations, he announced “It’s a little sour, but a lot of fun!” to our server in reference to the margarita (of course he did not taste it). He’s going to get us arrested.:scared:

Chad and I shared a couple of small plates:

IMG_5002.JPG

Spider Roll
tempura soft shell crab, spicy mayo, asparagus with choice of white or brown rice --$14.00

IMG_5004.JPG

The shrimp dumplings aren’t on the current menu. Both the dumplings and roll were good, but not terribly memorable.

I loved the kid’s meal option for Asher:

IMG_5003.JPG

Bao Wow
beef hot dogs, soft steamed bun, cucumber, tonkatsu sauce, served with white or brown rice --$12.00

This was adorable and tasty, we ordered the toppings on the side because we didn’t know if Asher would like them. Chad and I ended up eating the cucumber and lettuce dipped in the Japanese mayonnaise, always delicious.

Chad went with noodles:

IMG_5006.JPG

Spicy Chashu Pork Ramen
soy flavored broth, egg noodles, roasted pork, soy marinated egg, scallion --$16.00

And I went with a different ramen:

IMG_5007.JPG
Duck Ramen
peking duck broth, egg noodles, duck meat, scallion, soy marinated egg, cilantro --$17.00

I didn’t taste Chad’s pork ramen, but he said that my duck ramen was the winner, which I do not doubt because it was pretty amazing. Very filling though and Chad finished some of my noodles because I was stuffed.

Continued in next post...

Day 8 continued...

Chad had a Kirin and I had a glass of champagne to round out the meal:

IMG_5008.JPG
IMG_5010.JPG

I walked around to take some photos and spotted this little nook under the stairs, which looks like a fun spot to sit that might be a little quieter.

IMG_5012.JPG

Asher’s meal came with a dessert:

IMG_4274.JPG

Chad and I had to make a stop at Vivoli il Gelato:

IMG_5014.JPG

I really wanted the riso gelato, but they didn’t have it that day and I went with cannoli. It was delicious but too sweet, I think the riso would be right up my alley though. Chad had the crema, which I thought was better.

Then it was sadly time to leave for our long, depressing drive home. Asher spent an excessive amount of time chatting with his friends and saying goodbye:

IMG_5018.JPG

:sad:So sad and our “new guest detest” was in full force when we got back to the hotel, followed by our sad drive to Georgia, continuing back to KY the next day.

At the time I didn’t realize how long it might be until our return, but it looks like it might be awhile because we’ve since decided that our Spring 2020 trip is going to be to Disneyland! I’m super excited to be visiting Walt’s park for the first time and I can’t wait, but I’m not really sure what to do with myself since there isn’t as much planning necessary. :confused3 I’ve been reading menus though and have a list of restaurants going. So, I don’t know about a dining report for that trip, is there anywhere here to include that? I know I see some combo reports on occasion that include DL but…it sounds like there might be some other “defectors” next year, so maybe we can do some DL dining reports on this board without getting scolded? We shall see…until then, I’ll be following along with all of your dining adventures, as always. Thanks for sticking with me all these months.:goodvibes

Asher made some new friends, not so sure they were into his advances :blush::

IMG_4273.JPG
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: He's quite the forward young man.

he announced “It’s a little sour, but a lot of fun!” to our server in reference to the margarita (of course he did not taste it). He’s going to get us arrested.:scared:
Sure he didn't! :P

IMG_5003.JPG

Bao Wow
beef hot dogs, soft steamed bun, cucumber, tonkatsu sauce, served with white or brown rice --$12.00
This is adorable. Not sure Casey could give up sushi but she would so love this.

I really wanted the riso gelato
What is this???

Spring 2020 trip is going to be to Disneyland! I’m super excited to be visiting Walt’s park for the first time and I can’t wait, but I’m not really sure what to do with myself since there isn’t as much planning necessary. :confused3
US TOO!!!!!! When are you going? Unfortunately only time we can get there is Spring Break so we'll be there over Easter.

Looks like a great end to your trip! Have fun at Disneyland in the Spring! :)

Thanks, we are counting down!

Great trip report! You'll have so much fun at Disneyland!

Thank you! We're looking forward to it!

What is this???

US TOO!!!!!! When are you going? Unfortunately only time we can get there is Spring Break so we'll be there over Easter.

The riso gelato is rice pudding gelato, I believe. I know it has rice in it and since I'm a fan of rice cream, I think I would like it.

We'll be going to DL at the end of May, so we will miss you. I hope you share some dining reviews from Disneyland!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!