A little surprised!!

DVCJones

DIS Veteran
I called MS on Friday to see if I could change resorts. I planned to book day by day.

I was looking for a studio at BWV and a 1BR at BCV. I was told there was nothing available at BCV for the whole week I was looking for and that they only had a 1BR at BWV for 2 of the days.

I am not shocked just a little surprised that at exactly 7months There is nothing available.

I do plan on trying my luck on the waitlist.

What do you think my odds are?

I really want to get BWV for my mother. I would be perfectly happy at SSR in a 1BR. I just thought It would be nice to be in the same area, but not be at the same resort.;)

Depending on the time of year BWV and BCV can be very hard to get into at the 7 month mark. Both resorts are not fairly large and have a very high demand because of there location to the parks. Good Luck.....

By the 7 month time frame I'm assuming you're going at the end of April? This seems to be a very busy time at DVC and WDW in general, am I correct? I wish you luck in getting your waitlistpixiedust: and I'm crossing my fingers that when I call in a few weeks for May'08 the demand will have dwindled!

I feel your pain. I just completed the first part of a transfer of our ressie from a 2-bed villa at SSR. We wanted to spend a week at VWL and a week at BWV. We were able to get our VWL reservation, although we could only get it for the first week. Despite being told there was 'some' availability for the second week at BWV and despite calling day by day, I was only able to get 2 of the required days. The 3rd and 4th days were not available. We have also cancelled our SSR ressie so we are now debating what to do. I am hoping we will be able to get a 2-bed somewhere the 2nd week, even if it means going back to SSR. I am assuming the reason for the popularity at BWV and BCV at that time is due to the F&G festival :confused3

I was surprised to get a BWV boardwalk view studio for April 2-13 at the 7 month window...and I didn't call day-by-day either (I would have been fired for being on the phone every day at 9:00 am for an hour so I took my chances - ready to stay at SSR or OKW if necessary)

I guess I just got lucky. I think this may be a "relatively" low week (after Easter and a bit early for the April spring break crowds).

To the OP, what is the week you're trying for? We're going April 16-26, booked BCV at 11 month window and now one bedrooms for that week are not available. I wanted to tell you that the week of the 19-26 is a huge Spring break for the Northeast schools (at least Ma anyway). Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter