A Magical Anniversary in the WILDERNESS *Pixie Dust Everywhere* Completed 11/19 New TR Link

Sounds like a great rest day getting to enjoy the pool and having a nice dinner!

Looks like you got a great spot for the fireworks! Your night at MK was a perfect end to the day!

Sounds like a great rest day getting to enjoy the pool and having a nice dinner!

Looks like you got a great spot for the fireworks! Your night at MK was a perfect end to the day!

It really was a great rest day! And I feel like going to MK for just a few hours was perfect because sometimes we get bored if we don't go to a park at all on a rest day so this worked out perfectly!

And it was a perfect spot for the fireworks. It was like the spot was just sitting there waiting for us lol I was shocked when everyone around it said they weren't saving it because I thought for sure it would have been called for!

What a fun relax day!! I have to admit, I love those kinds of Disney days...And, I will have one of those in 10 days...:love:

Wow what a fantastic day. Your meal at AP looks amazing. I have never been there I wish I would have tried it before they are changing it over to the Snow White dinner, but like you said I hope they keep some of their signature dishes! That soup sounds amazing!

You guys are like the most photogenic couple ever! I love your pictures. The more I watch HEA the more I love it, you're right you have to see it more often and then you love it more and more, just like any new show, but it really is well done and I always get chills when the show starts. :)

What a fun relax day!! I have to admit, I love those kinds of Disney days...And, I will have one of those in 10 days...:love:

They really are the best! Especially when you've run yourself ragged in the parks! haha

My husband calls glitter the herpes of Crafting. Maybe sequins should be included in that statement!

Hahaha oh it definitely should be!

Wow what a fantastic day. Your meal at AP looks amazing. I have never been there I wish I would have tried it before they are changing it over to the Snow White dinner, but like you said I hope they keep some of their signature dishes! That soup sounds amazing!

You guys are like the most photogenic couple ever! I love your pictures. The more I watch HEA the more I love it, you're right you have to see it more often and then you love it more and more, just like any new show, but it really is well done and I always get chills when the show starts. :)

I really hope they do! Pretty much everything we had there was just amazing so hopefully whatever they do, they keep those!

Thank you! haha and yeah its definitely growing on me! I'll admit part of my initial not loving it was that I just loved wishes so much and I was being stubborn but I think if any show has to replace it HEA is definitely a great option!

Day 7 Part 1

Today was our second Animal Kingdom day! We were up and out pretty early (for us :rotfl:) and were off to the parks around 10:30.

When we got to Animal Kingdom there was quite a backup of cars in the parking lot waiting to file into the lines. As we were waiting to park we watched a pretty crazy looking storm blow right in. Its crazy how fast storms come in Florida!

We considered waiting in the car until it blew over but it didn’t seem like it was going to go anywhere so we threw our ponchos on and braved the rain! I wish I would have taken a video of the rain but I was afraid to even take my phone out in it. We thankfully stayed pretty dry though thanks to our ponchos! Even with sitting in the front of a tram car with our backs facing the front, the tram was spewing all sorts of roof rain onto us and down our backs. But we might have actually been better sitting that way since we didn't really get sprayed in the face at all!

Of course by the time we walked into Animal Kingdom the rain had basically just become a light drizzle so we really probably could have waited for the worst of it to pass but we weren't really drenched or even wet at all so it was okay!

Dan’s poncho actually ripped at some point and thanks to my obsession of reading people’s TRs I knew we could exchange it, free of charge for a new, unripped one! So thank you to whoever included that tip in their trip report! (I read so many I can’t remember who it was lol) I did thank them when I remembered but then promptly forgot once again :rotfl:

First ride of the day was our FOP FP! So we were off to Pandora!

We actually were called to the front of A LOT of people because we were a group of two and they needed to fill a room which I was excited about. Like I'm pretty sure I snapped that selfie and whipped my arm up for a party of two :rotfl:And we ended up in the top row which I like the best so it was another perfect pixie dust moment! :tinker: We probably cut out twenty minutes of wait time getting called up!

While we were waiting in the room and they had us shake off the bugs? (I don’t remember what they make you move around for haha) Dan chose to floss them off. We did a lot of flossing on this trip and spoiler alert! Neither of us really knows how to :rotfl2: I also managed to snag a pic of our assigned avatars this time around. I don’t know about you but I feel like I would enjoy these staging rooms a lot more if instead of listening to the guy talk and "um" every other sentence we could design our avatars a la test track style lol I don’t know; I just feel like that would just be cooler! Or just less annoying :confused3 I get that they want the whole process to feel intense but you go into a second room anyway so just make that the intense room!

I was hoping that with Dan knowing what to expect this time he might feel better about the ride and feel a little less motion sick. And he definitely enjoyed the second time WAY more than the first time. I think also having more than 5 hours sleep helped too haha

When we got off the ride we looked through the gift shop. In the WL Club Level they had these geodes on the tables and Dan really wanted to find something like it to bring home. They had one of the rock stations in the gift shop so Dan picked out two that would work well with the colors of our living room. I was pretty sure I could find something similar to what he wanted at TJ Maxx once I got home but he just about never wants any souvenirs so I wasn't about to burst his bubble! And I did find a very pretty one at TJ Maxx that is now in our bedroom and a clearance shadow box picture of one for our bathroom from Target so thanks to the WL our house has quite a few geodes now! (He wanted to put the rocks in our china cabinet, I'm not sure he knows what is supposed to go in a china cabinet! :rotfl:)

I was really missing our dog at this point so I cuddled some of the plush banshees.

The banshee also perfectly matched my ears I made, but that was just an added bonus :goodvibes

After a bit of shopping it was time for some fun drinks! I wanted a night blossom and Dan got the green beer. I found it interesting that the CM carded both of us for one drink when technically someone over 21 can buy two alcoholic drinks? I think he thought we were trying to pull a fast one on him and I was under-aged trying to sneak some beer :rotfl2: I mean at some point I'm sure I'll be grateful for still getting carded but not when I'm not even getting a drink!

For my night blossom I was just going to get the normal version but Dan insisted I get the souvenir cup one for him to use at home. I like when he wants souvenirs to remind him of our trip (see above lol) so I happily obliged. We do actually use the cup quite a bit so it was worth it! It came with a glowing seed but I’ll be honest the seed looks like something that helps make a baby…if you know what I mean lol

Next up we had lunch at Satuli Canteen. Again we went with mobile ordering which saved us a lot of time in line. I went with the cheeseburger pods and Dan did the chicken protein bowl. I know some people aren't a fan of the cheeseburger pods but after a week of fancy foods, something that tasted like a better version of a Mcdonalds cheeseburger was exactly what I needed! I loved them and can’t wait to try them again! Dan liked his too but was definitely jealous of mine :rotfl:

Next up was our FP for the safari. It had been raining a bit while we were eating so we were hoping for some active animals!

We had another great safari. Afterwards we walked through the market so I could get a picture with the "hidden" Mickey.

It was nearing our FP time for Everest so we decided to make our way over there. On our walk I saw a PP photographer off the path to Asia in front of the Tree of Life so we made our way down to get a photo.

We also stopped for the Everest PP on our way over.

And it was time for Everest!!

I was excited to see my name on the boards in line

Untitled by Cloe LeGault, on Flickr

While in line for Everest I was able to make a FP for Navi River Journey that started about twenty minutes later which was perfect (minus the fact that it is on the other side of the park lol I wish AK had a train or something!). So after Everest we made our way back over but we did stop in the Maharajah Trek to see if we could see any tigers.

The tigers were wayyy in the back of the exhibit in a room that was so hot and stuffy we didn’t stay for very long so it was kind of a bust. But I always enjoy that walk anyway! After the trek I used the app to get us to Pandora the quickest way possible. I wasn’t really sure what would be the fastest way and I was glad I checked because I would have chosen wrong! It actually took us in front of the Tree of Life.

When we got back to Pandora we stopped for some more photos. To me Pandora always photographs best with blue skies and this was our first time over there where that was the case!

I was happy we were able to get a 4th FP for Navi River Journey because I did want Dan to see both rides but neither of us would ever be willing to rope drop for NRJ. And I definitely enjoyed the ride this time more than the first time I rode it during opening weekend. I’m not sure if they slowed the ride down a bit but it felt longer than my first ride. Plus, this time I only waited 5 minutes whereas the last time I waited an hour! So overall, Pandora was a huge success on our second Animal Kingdom day!

More to come in Animal Kingdom in my next post!

Last edited:

I absolutely love Pandora - I wish it had a little more in it, but they put so much effort into everything and it really shows. I wish we had been able to stop back through there at night to see the bio-luminescence but we completely forgot on our way out. I have to try and remember to aim for nighttime FPs next year!

I wish my husband was like Dan and not usually want souvenirs! My husband wants everything, he's like a kid in a candy store! Even though most of the shops have all of the same things he still insists on going into almost every one and looking around. And I can't leave him in there by himself while I go do something else because he will just buy all of the things if I'm not there to give him "the look" :rotfl2:

That's awesome that you were able to snag a 4th FP for Navi. Nice way to round out your AK rides.
I agree with the cheeseburger pods. Sometimes, you just want something simple and basic to tide you over.

I didn't know that little tidbit about the ripped poncho. That's a good tip!

I absolutely love Pandora - I wish it had a little more in it, but they put so much effort into everything and it really shows. I wish we had been able to stop back through there at night to see the bio-luminescence but we completely forgot on our way out. I have to try and remember to aim for nighttime FPs next year!

I wish my husband was like Dan and not usually want souvenirs! My husband wants everything, he's like a kid in a candy store! Even though most of the shops have all of the same things he still insists on going into almost every one and looking around. And I can't leave him in there by himself while I go do something else because he will just buy all of the things if I'm not there to give him "the look" :rotfl2:

Yeah I feel like a third ride or just something else could have really made the land great! The bioluminesce is definitely cool! Although I feel like my eyes have a hard time adjusting sometimes! lol

Hahaha I'm more like your husband where I buy any and all souvenirs! haha I do try to make practical purchases but sometimes that Disney merch just gets me!

Lol, that's exactly what I thought the first time I saw one!

Lol its definitely not what I expected!!

This made me laugh way more than it should have.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sounds like a great AK day so far! Lots of great pics in Pandora!

Yeah we had a great time!

Hahaha I'm more like your husband where I buy any and all souvenirs! haha I do try to make practical purchases but sometimes that Disney merch just gets me!

I suffer from pre-buyers remorse lol I feel guilty about buying things before I've even bought them. I usually find a couple of things I like and then carry them around with me for like 20 minutes and then put them back and leave with nothing. And then I write TRs with tons of pics of all of the stuff I wanted and didn't buy :rotfl2:

I suffer from pre-buyers remorse lol I feel guilty about buying things before I've even bought them. I usually find a couple of things I like and then carry them around with me for like 20 minutes and then put them back and leave with nothing. And then I write TRs with tons of pics of all of the stuff I wanted and didn't buy :rotfl2:

Hahaha I'm the exact opposite! I will usually have buyers remorse for the things I didn't get!

Day 7 Part 2

When we left off we were finishing up our tour of Pandora. We were still pretty hot after walking back to Pandora from across the park so we decided to take a break in the Nomad lounge on our way out of Pandora. The a/c was much needed!

We found a table and settled in. I was shocked that the lounge wasn't busier but we were happy it wasn't! We really liked the quotes on the wall, specifically this one:

It reminded Dan and I of my sister. The quote said "I discovered that I could be very independent. I could go to another country by myself". My sister studied abroad last Fall and that was a huge deal as she relies on me and my Mom for a lot. So it was really a test of her independence and strength.

Dan got a beer and I got the Jenn’s Tattoo. I’m not sure what was in my drink but I wasn’t a huge fan. I think it might have been the watermelon flavor in it. I wanted to love it but it just missed the mark for me! It looked pretty at least!

We also got the cheese board which was really good. Our waiter was so nice and friendly and this was the perfect way to cool down this afternoon.

We had thought about leaving Animal Kingdom after our snack but Dan found a FP for Dinosaur that was starting thirty minutes from now so we figured that would give us enough time to finish our food and drinks and then head over. Before leaving, Dan got a beer to go. He loved that he could do this!

On our walk over to Dinosaur he decided he wanted to take an artsy photo of his beer.

I laughed because he was literally in front of the Tree of Life and that was the background he chose. I had him retake his photo :thumbsup2

Much better! :rotfl:

On our way over to Dinoland we happened to walk by Laundpad McQuacks M&G for Donald’s Dinobash. There were only two people in line so I checked to see if they had closed the line for a break and they hadn’t, there was just no line! And since that seems to never happen in Disney we hopped in line to meet him. It was such a great M&G and I’m so glad we stopped!

We made it to Dinosaur and used our FP. As always we enjoyed our ride. I find that this is the ride we quote most at home (that and carousel of progress for some reason lol!) We were driving to a friend’s wedding the weekend after we got home and we weren’t sure we would have enough gas to make it all the way there to which Dan’s response was “we’re not gonna make it!” :rotfl2: (We made it :rotfl:)

While we were in line for Dinosaur a guy behind me asked if I was wearing the shirt I was wearing because I was trying to Disneybound as a Polynesian employee. Which I wasn't lol definitely didn't expect someone to ask me that! :rotfl:

After Dinosaur we decided to head back to the resort and chill before getting ready for dinner. We made a quick pit stop in the club to grab drinks and then made our way back to the room. We wanted to enjoy them on our balcony!

While we were hanging out on our balcony we decided to facetime my parents and talked to them and our dog Joy. It was nice to check in with them and see how they were all doing.

Joy looked like she was having the best time with Grandma and Grandpa! haha

Before long it was time to get ready for dinner. Somehow I got ready before Dan and watched some TV until he was ready. We don't have cable so this was a treat!

Last edited:
Day 7 Part 3

For dinner we were off to Animal Kingdom Lodge to try out Jiko! When we had gotten back to WL I had actually contemplated canceling dinner because I just wasn't sure I was up to eating another fancy dinner. Thankfully, I couldn't come up with any alternative so we kept it and I am so glad I did! Dan snapped some pics of me walking to the car

When we got to AKL we had a few minutes to kill before our reservation so we went out to look at the savanna and say hi to the giraffes.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is just so grand! We stayed at Kidani Village on our last trip two years ago but the lobby really just does not compare to Jambo house!

Finally it was time for dinner! We actually had no idea where Jiko was but we managed to find it!

Jiko was so amazing. So amazing that it tied for my favorite meal of the whole trip with Artist Point (and I still can't believe I almost canceled it!).

We started with the taste of Africa and the Pork Tenderloin which were both delicious (we chose these based off the waitress' recommendations).

Dan REALLY enjoyed the sauce of the pork tenderloin, he basically licked the plate clean!

To eat we split the Waygu and I think this was the BEST steak I have ever eaten. It was just so good. They were also nice enough to split it for us and plate it. Every other restaurant we split a meal at just had us do it ourselves so this was an appreciated touch!

Unfortunately, our waitress forgot to bring us the bread they are known for and by the time she brought it I was beyond stuffed so I didn’t try any. Even though Dan said it was the best bread he’d ever had (I should have just forced myself!)

For most of our dinners we didn’t get dessert because we were always so stuffed but for some reason we went for it this night. We got the malva pudding and it was so good. I was so glad we took the waitresses recommendation to get it! Plus it was so fancy looking!

I would highly recommend Jiko! I can't wait to go back!

We asked the hostesses to take picture of us on our way out and they happily obliged.

We were going to stop back at Animal Kingdom after dinner so I made another quick change in the bathroom to be more comfortable in the park. I thought this little Mickey towel in the bathroom was such a cute touch!

The one benefit of going to a park right before closing is prime parking. We got another super close spot! Peacock 7, we were basically parked at the entrance!

First stop in Animal Kingdom was Pandora to see the bioluminescent lights (basically our whole reason for going back just so Dan could see them). We stopped for a picture on the way in.

And we took some pictures on our own. Im not sure how to take photos here at night without losing the cool effects of the lights but its still a memory!

After seeing Pandora, we made our way to the safari for Dan to experience his first nighttime safari (we had a snagged another FP for it but didn't need it at all). It is always such a cool experience and was the first time I saw the lions actually walking around and jumping from rock to rock! It was too dark for photos but you’ll just have to believe me haha

I was so happy we made it back to Animal Kingdom to see everything at night. We had a great day! :cheer2:

Miles walked 7.4

Last edited:
Got a bit behind again!
In hindsight, I wonder if having club level access would have given us entry into the club level viewing area. We never tried but I do wonder about it! I probably don’t want to know the answer if it’s a yes :rotfl:
Well at least you don't have to worry - the reserved club area is just for the people that spend the extra $50 per person to get the extra 3 FPs and one reserved nighttime show per day!

44195797834_e682d18db6.jpg
Perfect photo!

It looks like you could be camouflaged into Pandora! And I like how your MB matched your shirt!

I don’t know about you but I feel like I would enjoy these staging rooms a lot more if instead of listening to the guy talk and "um" every other sentence we could design our avatars a la test track style lol I don’t know; I just feel like that would just be cooler! Or just less annoying :confused3 I get that they want the whole process to feel intense but you go into a second room anyway so just make that the intense room!
That would be AWESOME!!!

I wish AK had a train or something!
I know! That and Epcot! I think when AK first opened they had a boat around the Tree of Life, but I guess it wasn't too popular and acted more like a ride than a transportation method!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter